FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)

Guest Bradek
On 1/17/2019 at 3:54 PM, Blainie said:

and what to do with empty armor slot in powers? if i play season?

Guest Yolo
7 hours ago, Guest Ezra said:

How can the fury Regen on this build keep up with spamming hota?

The Gavel of Judgement returns 25 Fury if it Hits less than 3 targets, and the Ancients max you out through the rune which is provided by the shoulders. In effect there are only split seconds of not having max fury.

Is the enchantress preferred over templar?

Could you also use cindercoat instead of magefist, If you get a better rolled one?

Edit: Okay, i recogniced that the ele affix of cindercoat takes a primary affix, making it worse than magefist. You could probably swap swamp land waders for magefist, as they have an extra primary ele affix. But they are pretty much harder to get i guess.

Would focus and restraint with a good rolled hellfire amulett be an alternative in season 16?

Edit: You don't really need the Fury generated by your ancients through the ancients fury rune, as hota generates so much fury in his own. Could there be an alternative for shoulders?

Edit 2: tried around on my own and it seems fury management is much easier with those shoulderpieces than without.

Edited by Datexx
further questions
  • Like 1

Guest Kindlekm

In the speed run variation if you are wielding The Gavel of Judgment what do you use in the weapon cube slot ?

3 hours ago, Guest Kindlekm said:

In the speed run variation if you are wielding The Gavel of Judgment what do you use in the weapon cube slot ?

In Geom for infinite charges after an Elite kill

Guest Kindlekm
19 hours ago, Datexx said:

In Geom for infinite charges after an Elite kill

Thank you 

Guest Frankyboy

According to the guide, there is no need to get CHC in the helm slot. Is this really correct?

Also, there is no mention of cooldown reduction whatsoever; are we supposed to omit this stat? If so, why isn't it important at all?

Thanks for answering the question! ?

Guest Frankyboy

On another note, is there a way to fit nemesis bracers in the speefarming variation without affecting it's usability too much? I feel like is synergises very well with the In-geom to keep the buff active at all times.

Guest barras

I use the 23% extra life gem on helm, cooldown isn't a factor in this build, lets you stack up area of effect instead of CDR. Once you are strong enough you can do whatever you want for T13, like cube the bracers of the first men and take nemesis. Personnally I found there's always someone in the group using them so I use the belt giving an extra 40% speed for the entire group.

Guest Yolo
On 1/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, Guest Frankyboy said:

According to the guide, there is no need to get CHC in the helm slot. Is this really correct?

Also, there is no mention of cooldown reduction whatsoever; are we supposed to omit this stat? If so, why isn't it important at all?

Thanks for answering the question! ?

CoolDown Reduction and Resource Cost Reduction are sub-optimal for this build, because:
-Our long cooldowns (Ancients and Berserker) are managed by the IK set - they essentially reset after a few seconds of Hota spamming
-We only use War Cry for the Toughness buff and not for Fury Generation, so cooldown isn't an issue.
-Furious Charge resets its cooldown if you hit at least 5 enemies, and reduces to 8 seconds in a RG fight - enough to keep up the ring buff.
-Our Fury is kept up on Max by many sources - cubed weapon, Ancients rune (provided by the shoulder), natural generation from taking damage, so essentially we never run out of Fury even in the most brutal of fights.
Best option afterwards is +23% Maximum Life.

Guest Jbot

For season 16 why take the full 6 pieces instead of swapping the gloves for magefist?

Guest Yolo
13 hours ago, nikopol451 said:

HotA's rune Smash doesn't say anything about fire damage. It only says: "Smash for additional damage". Does Magefist still works for this build?

Use "Advanced Tooltips" in the Gameplay options. But if you hover over the rune, the tooltip gains a Orange - Fiery glow - indicating that it's a Fire ability.

11 hours ago, Guest Jbot said:

For season 16 why take the full 6 pieces instead of swapping the gloves for magefist?

The guide is updated for S16. 

15 hours ago, nikopol451 said:

HotA's rune Smash doesn't say anything about fire damage. It only says: "Smash for additional damage". Does Magefist still works for this build?

It says "as fire" -> since it is firedamage, Magefist works. (as does +XX% Fire Damage on your gear)

14 hours ago, Guest Jbot said:

I am not sure which guide you refer to. The HOTA guide includes magefist for season 16.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:18 AM, Guest Yolo said:

Use "Advanced Tooltips" in the Gameplay options. But if you hover over the rune, the tooltip gains a Orange - Fiery glow - indicating that it's a Fire ability.

As you said, I was missing the Advanced Tooltips. Thanks mate.

I've worked my way to grift 90, and it's all cake walk ... until it's not. I have been finding that sometimes while most of the time my fury never moves, sometimes I get into a pinch and my mana drops quickly and I'm SOL and in need of some fancy footwork. 
Then I realized it's the mechanics of the gavel and my choice to not boost my fury, because I haven't found I needed to. In fact, I haven't been using the shoulders because I wasn't feeling the need for fury generation. Looks like it's time to make some adjustments and fine tuning to get higher than 90. ? 

Edited by Digory

Guest Guest G$

Very good build for me so far, but I feel like for battle rage is bloodshed really the better option over marauders rage? Extra 5% damage bonus makes me feel like marauders rage> bloodshed

On 3/1/2019 at 5:29 AM, Guest Guest G$ said:

Very good build for me so far, but I feel like for battle rage is bloodshed really the better option over marauders rage? Extra 5% damage bonus makes me feel like marauders rage> bloodshed

Think again.
Bloodshed causes you to deal 20% of the critical hits' damage you recently dealt with your HotA. This build is frontloaded with Critical Hit Chance: even HotA itself baseline increases its own CHC with the Fury you have (30% at 150 Fury). You also have very high attack speed, thanks to the gear choices. The benefit you gain from the Bloodshed rune -  Even on the rift guardian, on which it works as a 20% Critical Damage Bonus - far outweights the flat 5% bonus. In density, it is just brutal.

Edited by Yolo

Guest starlord716

Is there anywhere on this page that has builds for consoles?

I play on xbox one and cannot equip wrath of the berserker and call of the ancients at the same time.

Same with battle rage and war cry.

A couple of minor notes:

1) Threatening Shout is a suggested skill in the skill table of the Raekor variation page, while Ancient Spear is suggested in its place in the "Introduction" page. Even though both options are viable, the two skill tables should show the same suggested skills...

2) Any explicit suggestion for Potion and Follower?

3) I suppose that "Immortal King's Triumph" should have "Critical Hit Chance" as one of its Stat Priority in the table. Or am I wrong?

Guest Mydgard

Well I changed some thing on your build, because I play HC, there need more protection instead of offense parts of your set. Let"s see my changes:

1. Wrath of the Berserker: Striding Giant rune to get fewer damage. This skill need work continously so need so much CDR to it become possible. Need a Hellfire amulet with Boon of Bul-Kathos or with those 4 skills.

2. Fourious charge: Dreadnought

3. Zodiac ring + Convetion of Elements

4. In Kanai cube Mara's Kaleidoscope for high poison damage. Aquila is must.

5. Legendary Gems: Stricken, Gizzard, Esoteric or Pain Enchancer.