FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Rend Barbarian

9 hours ago, Guest Never any fury said:

Build seems to work besides that i never have any fury, ive sacrificed the ancient spear for a primary skill just so i can have some fury. Any sugestions?

Are you referring to speed runs or pushing high GR's?

10 hours ago, Guest Deckard_cain said:

Dear DeathMonger,

thank you for your explanation. I liked the Ambos/Echoing for its speed, but the lack of Fury (I even tried Unforgiving as well) was really  downside (especially in hardcore mode). FuriousCharge was also my favourite, because you can dash several times for an amplification of Fury. Thank you again for your reply.

You're welcome.  An update - I've been struggling with the Ambo's/Echoing variant.  I have trouble keeping fury and ignore pain up.  My problem with fury management might be that I'm hitting Battle Rage too often without realizing it - I'd have to try again and pay closer attention to see - but I think the Buls, Band of Might, and Furious Charge variation is better anyway.  Furious Charge is excellent for mobility and I find it to be more reliable than Ignore Pain.  I've been tracking my times and on average I'm faster with the Buls/BoM/FC variant.

On 11/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, Guest Never any fury said:

Build seems to work besides that i never have any fury, ive sacrificed the ancient spear for a primary skill just so i can have some fury. Any sugestions?

Just realized you must mean for pushing high GR's since you mentioned Ancient Spear.  I've been using Bul-Katho's Oath, which makes fury management really easy.  I haven't tried it Istvan's Blades yet.  Presumably if fury is dropping you'd have to stop Whirldwinding while not in contact with enemies, as hakkd mentioned earlier in this thread.  Unfortunately this means your Taeguk buff drops and you have to build it up again.

I'm going to try Istvan's when I've about hit my limit with Bul-Katho's and will post back after that.

Am I missing something or is it impossible to get Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac with socket/chc/chd/cdr because it only rolls with chc/cdr/rcr/as?  So you re-roll rcr to socket and that's the best you can do you can never get chd and you're stuck with attack speed (or perhaps it makes sense to take rcr with this build to make resource management easier with constant whirlwinding).

This being the case I guess to perfect your build you'd go for socket/chc/chd/cdr on CoE and BoM and then cube ORotZ.

It is impossible for me to keep my fury up. Am I missing something with this build? I'm way far maximum fury.. even if there are monsters mobs. So the Aquila Cuirass is useless and the Berserker Rage passive too. I can spin for a few seconds, but my fury rarely goes up, even with the Windshear rune. I dont have the Istvan's blades yet though.

Guest PanCrucian
On 12/3/2019 at 2:00 AM, DeathMonger said:

Am I missing something or is it impossible to get Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac with socket/chc/chd/cdr because it only rolls with chc/cdr/rcr/as?  So you re-roll rcr to socket and that's the best you can do you can never get chd and you're stuck with attack speed (or perhaps it makes sense to take rcr with this build to make resource management easier with constant whirlwinding).

This being the case I guess to perfect your build you'd go for socket/chc/chd/cdr on CoE and BoM and then cube ORotZ.

That awesome idea, thx u for advice, that must be in the build description

On 12/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, DeathMonger said:

I have been wondering the same thing about the Obsidian ring, and still can't get a perfect band of might to replace it.  Something similar happens with with my Flavor of Time necklace, it seems to have the same rolls, I'll get no socket and only one of CHC CHD, so I couldn't even roll the STR off for one of them because it needs a socket.  I've re-rolled it countless times.  Is it possible to get a Flavor of Time rolled with STR, Socket, CHC, and CHD?  Or at least 3 of the 4?

Edited by ZzKev
typos

On 12/7/2019 at 2:44 AM, ZzKev said:

I have been wondering the same thing about the Obsidian ring, and still can't get a perfect band of might to replace it.  Something similar happens with with my Flavor of Time necklace, it seems to have the same rolls, I'll get no socket and only one of CHC CHD, so I couldn't even roll the STR off for one of them because it needs a socket.  I've re-rolled it countless times.  Is it possible to get a Flavor of Time rolled with STR, Socket, CHC, and CHD?  Or at least 3 of the 4?

Yeah it's possible to get a perfect flavor of time but not easy.  I still don't have one with physical damage.  Don't have a perfect CoE or BoM either.  Seems like all the jewelry pieces are hard to perfect.  Obsidian is impossible to match deadset's guide so I think it's a mistake in his guide.  That's why I was asking if I'm missing something. 

Or maybe it's not a mistake in his guide per se but rather it points you to what I concluded, which is that if you find perfect CoE and BoM you can cube Obsidian.

Edited by DeathMonger

Guest Naivor

Seen quite a few asks about fury running out; same problem is occuring to me without Bul-Kathos's Oath, which fixed the problem. Istvan's weapon set doesn't seem to work in practicality, so is this build more a theoretical numbercrunch than a tested build?

I got 2 Primal Slanderer drops and 1 Primal Bul Kathos. Just are never enough mobs to maintain Fury with Istvans in anything I try. Way less damage but at least Bul Kathos gets you plenty of Fury and the option to use Aquilas or Mantle of Channeling. Doing really well with the Barbarian this season and going to solo 100 GR eventually I think. Thanks for the builds.

So I know I missed the part of the season where most people are playing but I am curios when people think its worth switching to Zei's stone over Stricken. I know in high end pushing it better (especially because of season 19 having angles becomes a free RGK.) I am currently topping out at high 120s but I haven't aug-ed much. I have googled around but I haven't found a simple breakdown of when to switch aside from "Just try and find out" which is hard to do without sinking quite a long while into leveling the gem.

Guest Srednal

there is no all resist on lamentation. error in stat priority - prioritized stat listed doesn't exist for lamentation.

21 hours ago, Guest Srednal said:

there is no all resist on lamentation. error in stat priority - prioritized stat listed doesn't exist for lamentation.

This is not true. You must have a single elemental resistance in your secondaries if all resist is not available for rolling.

Guest DeadheadHix
On 12/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, DeathMonger said:

I have also noticed this elsewhere on icy-veins build pages (crusader builds especially). I’m on Xbox and OROTZ always (literally, not figuratively) rolls IAS/RCR/CDR/CHC as you mentioned. 

In the rend build w/o Buls Oath I’d roll away IAS for the socket and keep RCR. Fury management is the biggest issue for this. With Buls Oath, keep IAS and roll off RCR.

Can't get a decent piece of jewelry if I paid money for it. Flavor of time refuse to roll ancient with a socket just like Obs zod. Swapped out to a Hellfire Amulet has every desired stat. Still using BK weapon set only way to have enough Fury. 

I'm struggling to understand why the speed farming variant doesn't use Buls; isn't the innate fury generation and insane move-speed bonus too good to pass up?

On 1/17/2020 at 6:57 AM, Jakirta said:

I'm struggling to understand why the speed farming variant doesn't use Buls; isn't the innate fury generation and insane move-speed bonus too good to pass up?

I agree with this; I use buls for speed farming instead of this page's recommendation and it works great.

Guest Hythix

Okay, so. I spent a LOT of time messing around with a LOT of different guides and variations to the general WW Rend Wastes Barb build.

I have had all the same problems and issues others have noted in the comments. Here's what I personally found works the best for me, a casual player just looking for a spin-to-win Barb around 90 to 100 grifts.

Skills: Whirlwind - Hurricane on LMB for ultra lazy, and swap to Blood Funnel for gemming pushes. Ignore Pain - Iron Hide on RMB; 100% uptime via Zodiac and a mere 50% CDR total (obviously depends somewhat on mob density.) I alternate between War Cry - Veteran's Warning, and Threatening Shout - Falter, depending on what I'm running. Both work quite well for their respective intended tasks. Other skills and passives are the same as in the guide. 

Now...for the gear. I can't even begin to describe how badly I hated Ground Stomp for various reasons. So I swapped Band of Might out for the Endless Walk set and swapped Stomp out for Ignore Pain - Iron Hide. I also run Captains set, the boots and pants. I opted to drop the Istvan's set entirely and use BK Oath instead. Gems are Tageuk, Power, Trap. 

It's an extremely easy setup to complete, it's extremely easy to run, and it deals with content just fine up through 100. Guardians are annoying, but swapping any other gem out for a Stricken just for the end boss isn't worth the time and dps loss for the first 95% of the run before you get to the boss. 

RoRG cubed (or worn, and Zodiac cubed instead as mentioned elsewhere in the comments) means getting full 6piece from Wastes and allows you to add Captains which eases up your push to hit perfect stat breakpoints on rolls quite a bit. Ambo's in cube. Lamentation is still mandatory and must be worn, so Captains set pieces need to be boots and legs. I see quite a few people cube their Lamentation and wear Captains belt instead, missing out on either Mantle or Aquilla in cube (either of those works just fine, it depends on what your specific build needs more of)

You still get your Tageuk stacks, you still get your Rampage stacks, BKO ensures Berserker Rage is always up and shaves a whole two minutes off runs compared to Istvan's due to both the speed boost and the whole actually-having-fury thing. You don't get kicked out of bounty groups for only completing one bounty by the time everyone else is done with their entire act, either. 

Guest Yapyapnono
On 1/27/2020 at 4:14 PM, Guest Hythix said:

Okay, so. I spent a LOT of time messing around with a LOT of different guides and variations to the general WW Rend Wastes Barb build.

I have had all the same problems and issues others have noted in the comments. Here's what I personally found works the best for me, a casual player just looking for a spin-to-win Barb around 90 to 100 grifts.

Skills: Whirlwind - Hurricane on LMB for ultra lazy, and swap to Blood Funnel for gemming pushes. Ignore Pain - Iron Hide on RMB; 100% uptime via Zodiac and a mere 50% CDR total (obviously depends somewhat on mob density.) I alternate between War Cry - Veteran's Warning, and Threatening Shout - Falter, depending on what I'm running. Both work quite well for their respective intended tasks. Other skills and passives are the same as in the guide. 

Now...for the gear. I can't even begin to describe how badly I hated Ground Stomp for various reasons. So I swapped Band of Might out for the Endless Walk set and swapped Stomp out for Ignore Pain - Iron Hide. I also run Captains set, the boots and pants. I opted to drop the Istvan's set entirely and use BK Oath instead. Gems are Tageuk, Power, Trap. 

It's an extremely easy setup to complete, it's extremely easy to run, and it deals with content just fine up through 100. Guardians are annoying, but swapping any other gem out for a Stricken just for the end boss isn't worth the time and dps loss for the first 95% of the run before you get to the boss. 

RoRG cubed (or worn, and Zodiac cubed instead as mentioned elsewhere in the comments) means getting full 6piece from Wastes and allows you to add Captains which eases up your push to hit perfect stat breakpoints on rolls quite a bit. Ambo's in cube. Lamentation is still mandatory and must be worn, so Captains set pieces need to be boots and legs. I see quite a few people cube their Lamentation and wear Captains belt instead, missing out on either Mantle or Aquilla in cube (either of those works just fine, it depends on what your specific build needs more of)

You still get your Tageuk stacks, you still get your Rampage stacks, BKO ensures Berserker Rage is always up and shaves a whole two minutes off runs compared to Istvan's due to both the speed boost and the whole actually-having-fury thing. You don't get kicked out of bounty groups for only completing one bounty by the time everyone else is done with their entire act, either. 

having Captains leg and feet with Lamentation equiped will only give you 5piece waste with RROG

Rolled a really nice FoT for this build.  Socket/19% phys/10%CHC/865Vit/11%movement speed.

What would you recommend rerolling for the CHD?  I already have a good amount of VIT.  Keeping the movement speed would mean I could get an extra 110 STR from paragons.  Is 865 VIT better than 110 STR for the build?

Edited by CodeSim

Guest Xdega

This build doesn't work very well. The power is there, but you are constantly fury-starved without the Bul Kathos set for your weapons. Without fury, you can't do much (duh!), and as a result survivability is dangerously weak (esp for hardcore).

That being said, I can't confirm how much better this build works with Bul Kathos set. As I am now having to re-farm weapons for my build. Not really happy about that, and makes me very skeptical about future build guides on this site.

Guest Super Aardvark

With Istvan's and Ground Stomp (as opposed to BKO or Furious Charge) I'm having trouble initiating. The "Rotation" part of the guide states, "This build starts and ends runs with a continuous Whirlwind." However, that's a blatant lie -- this build can't start a run with whirlwind because whirlwind requires rage. So you have to use Ground Stomp and then immediately start WW -- but you've got to immediately hit something with WW, or you'll quickly run out of rage again. So you have to first *get close* to an enemy, *then* use Ground Stomp. This is dangerous, because you're getting close to an enemy without the 80% DR from Band of Might. Any advice on how to engage dangerous enemies at the start of a rift?