FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Support Barbarian

Your stat priority is wrong for the Obsidian Ring since of the Zodiac since it will always roll with CDR, Attack Speed, CC, and RCR, making it impossible to get Socket, CDR, and Vit. Which one of the four should we roll off into a socket?

Just an observation, I don't think stat priority for this zdps build should include crit chance since there is no Solanium being used for globe generation, correct?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2019 at 3:43 AM, Zath said:

Your stat priority is wrong for the Obsidian Ring since of the Zodiac since it will always roll with CDR, Attack Speed, CC, and RCR, making it impossible to get Socket, CDR, and Vit. Which one of the four should we roll off into a socket?

Hey Zath, for this particular build (even if you’re running the rogue/slanderer variant) CriticalHitChance should be rerolled as it plays no part in this zdps build.

As far as I’m aware you only use CriticalHitChance for proccing solanium weapon running health globe gen build for rat runs which are not required this season to be efficient.

Edited by sparkatomz

On 2/1/2019 at 2:58 PM, sparkatomz said:

Just an observation, I don't think stat priority for this zdps build should include crit chance since there is no Solanium being used for globe generation, correct?

Would I be correct in assuming it shouldn't include attack speed either?

• Like 1

Guest Qman

Hi, I don't think that you are right by stating to use strongarm bracers - i think there is currently a bug impacting use of the raekor's 4-piece set bonus, which stops procs of strongarm from working. If you don't have the 4-piece set bonus, then yes strongarms work.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:26 AM, Zath said:

Would I be correct in assuming it shouldn't include attack speed either?

Hey Zath, yes this is true..attack speed will not benefit this build.  Crit chance and attack speed affixes are key in the whirlwind health globe generator build (attack speed directly benefits whirlwind by increasing number of hits which puts out more health globes) but not for this build since it uses Furious Charge.

The little rogue/slanderer set and gogok gem are still ideal since they stack massive amounts of toughness.

Edited by sparkatomz

Few minor notes:

1) The Star of Azkaranth is presented as the Best in Slot amulet in the table, while in the guide it is only recommended initially during low Paragons... Should Rondal's Locket be presented as the best-in-slot amulet in the table, as it is suggested in the "Introduction" page?

2) Is there a suggested Potion?

3) Stormshield (presented as alternative off-hand item) cannot roll Attack Speed and Life per Hit, nor it can be given a Socket with Ramaladni's Gift: its entry on the table of preferred stats should be adjusted accordingly.

Some minor corrections and clarifications to make the guide more complete and coherent (for new and casual players expecially):

1) In the Gear page, it is written: "your main- and off-hand items are a pure stat sticks that needs Strength, Vitality, Cooldown Reduction, Attack Speed, and ideally the damage range gets rerolled into Resource Cost Reduction (or one of the missing aforementioned stats)". However, in the table of stat priorities, "Resource Cost Reduction" is not mentioned, while "Life per Hit" is given as the last affix. Which is correct?

2) That's probably a newbye question. Given this is a zero-DPS build, why is Crit Chance among the stat priorities of many items (helm, bracers, gloves and amulet – but not rings, even if they have only 3 affixes on the list...)? Am I missing something?

3) The rings should have at leat 4 stat priorities in their list (they only have 3 now)... Possibilities, as seen on other items on the table, are: Attack Speed, Crit Chance (?), Resist All, Strenght,...

4) That's a very minor note. In the Gear table, you should add "Band of Might (Alternative)" also to the "Ring #1" line (while keeping it in the "Ring #2" line): following what is written in the table, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac will always be worn, while the text says it should be cubed if the other two rings have better rolls.

5) I did not understand how important "Life per Hit" is for this built: it is present on the gem socketetd into the weapons, and as a stat priority on Bracers and Weapons, but only as 5th or 6th affix (and thus not present on a perfectly-rolled item), and also it is not even mentioned on any other item that could roll it (gloves, helm, amulet, rings). If "Life per Hit" is not important (and the Amethysts in the weapons are there only because there are no better choices), maybe the "Life per Hit" entries could be removed from the list for Bracers and Weapons (since they already are 5th or 6th ...); on the other hand, if "Life per Hit" is a good affix for this build, maybe it should be added to other items too, and the socket should be moved up in the list of stat priorities for weapons...

6) Stormshield (presented as alternative off-hand item), being a shield and not a weapon, cannot roll Attack Speed and Life per Hit, nor it can be given a Socket with Ramaladni's Gift, but it can roll other affixes that seem useful for this build (Resist All, Life %, Resource Cost Reduction?, Crit Chance?, Socket?): its entry on the table of stat priorities should be fixed.

7) I have some doubts about the order of stat priorities for many items. Here they are:
CDR comes after Vitality on shoulders and gloves, but before Vitality on jewelry and weapon: why?
"Life % comes after Strenght on helm and shoulders (where it is not even mentioned), but before Strenght on torso and belt: why?
For Leoric's Crown, is Vitality more important than the (guaranteed) Socket? And is the naturally rolled Strengh so "bad" to be re-rolled into Crit Chance or Resist All?
For the shoulders, "Life %" should be added to the list of stat priorities, at least for simmetry reasons: it is the only item that can roll it to not have it in its list...
For Raekor's Heart, is the naturally rolled Strengh so "bad" to be re-rolled into Resist All or Life %?
Why is Armor among the stat priorities for the Pants? It is of little use for a Barbarian, it's the only item where Armor is mentioned as a stat priority, and it's the 5th affix on the list... Isn't it better to remove it entirely?
For the amulet, "Increased Attack Speed" is not even mentioned among stat priorities: is it really less important than Crit Chance, Vitality and Resist All?
Among the three recommended rings, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is the only one that cannot have all the three recommended stats (Socket, CDR and Vitality) at the same time: in a perfect scenario with good-rolled rings, shouldn't it be the recommended ring to cube?

8] In the Paragon Points section, the priority for the Core slot are: 1. Movement Speed up to 25% cap, 2. Vitality, 3. Strength, 4. Maximum Fury. Since Strength and Vitality have no cap, it is not clear which is the recommended point allocation after reaching 25% Movement Speed: all into Vitality? Or one point each into Vitality, Strength and Maximum Fury, and then rotating again starting from Vitality?
Similarly, for the other slots, is there a recommended rotation for allocating Paragon Points? For example: is it better to maximize CDR before moving to Attack Speed, or raising them both together one by one? Or PP should be spended to compensate gear imbalancies?

9) Which is the best Legendary Potion for this build?

Guest Saintcharles

For the Barbarian HOTA build, the shoulders recommended in the guide that add to fury gen through the Call of the Ancients seems to be overkill for the fury generation.  There are shoulders that add to furious charge damage that might be better or just any other shoulder with good stats becauss even with out the recommended shoulders, fury remains capped throughout an entire run even through death.  Just wanted to see if there are other shoulders someone could recommend or if anyone else had noticed this.

Guest daisychopper

I'm curious, why is the Savages helm listed as 'guaranteed'? It seems like I could use Raekor's just as well if that's what I have.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, Guest daisychopper said:

I'm curious, why is the Savages helm listed as 'guaranteed'? It seems like I could use Raekor's just as well if that's what I have.

This is still a question I have as well, having played it last season. Any clarification since the guide's been updated?

The clarification is that it's getting fixed ? Apologies for overlooking that wording, it was a leftover from a previous setup in the guide and with the updated wording, hopefully it shows that you're not really constrained by the set piece split that you use. Using a Raekor's helm is absolutely fine.

I have also added a minor note to address the Support Barb's ideal augmentation route - it's with Intelligence for the All Resistance gain.

Guest Mints

I don't see a resource-spending skill to proc ORotZ (for the speedfarm build) or am I missing something?

12 hours ago, Guest Mints said:

I don't see a resource-spending skill to proc ORotZ (for the speedfarm build) or am I missing something?

This is a fair point and it warranted a small fix/clarification which should be up on the site shortly. The correct jewelry setup would be to wear the Oculus + Band of Might combo and a Rondal's Locket as your amulet, and then enhance your jewelry powers in the Cube with The Flavor of Time or an immunity amulet. A far-out option would be to do an Oculus + Hellfire Ring combo for the extra XP of the latter, and cube the Band of Might, but the gain is negligible in my opinion.

Guest Mullet

For season 25, is the illusory boots really important? FoD kind of negates the power of the boots right? Thinking of going for band of might instead and use the raekor 

Guest Jer Bear

Major flaw with the build. The frag of destruction already gives the ability to move through enemies unhindered, making the Illusory boots obsolete. I finished mine with Raekors striders. Which then gives you the ability to change your jewelry slot in the cube.