FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Blessed Shield Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)

It seems to me that the LoN ring set provides much more boosting, especially damage, to a blessed shield build now that the LoN set's damage was buffed 7.5 times.  I've been putting together a LoN Blessed Shield crusader and it works really well, not even close to done.  9,750% damage instead of 1,500% damage boost, for example....

Guest Acheronus
On 3/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, aaronsan said:

It seems to me that the LoN ring set provides much more boosting, especially damage, to a blessed shield build now that the LoN set's damage was buffed 7.5 times.  I've been putting together a LoN Blessed Shield crusader and it works really well, not even close to done.  9,750% damage instead of 1,500% damage boost, for example....

Currently testing a LoN version of this build in 2.6.5 PTR; with the buffs to both Jekangbord and Akkhans Leniency and the seasonal LoN ring buff this build is very strong now. Good to see Blizzard giving some love to my fave sader build.

Some questions and notes:

1) In the Skill page it is written: "this skill can juggle nicely with the Indestructible passive to keep you safe and alive in high Greater Rifts". However, Indestructible is not among the recommended passives...

2) Is the Blessed Shield Crusader also recommended for Bounties or not? It was once, but now it does not have that label anymore, despite not having been modified at all...

3) In the Gear page it is written: "Note that in this build, you will be using Gogok of Swiftness as one of your Legendary Gems, allowing you to lose CDR rolls from several major slots — ideally weapon, belt and one of your big armor pieces". This is true only for the weapon (which in fact does not have CDR among its stat priorities), but not for the belt (which cannot roll CDR) nor big armor pieces (since both Pauldrond and Gloves still have CDR as stat priorities - or do you mean the shield?)... Shortly after, it is written: "Cooldown Reduction takes priority on the slots where you can get it"; this partially contradicts the former sentence, and is still false as CDR is not a priority on 2 slots that can have it (shield and weapon). I think these two sentences and the table of stat priorities should be made more coherent with each other...

4) Is it possible to play this build effectively in multiplayer too? If so, which will be the cubed jewel?

5) In the speed farming variation page, Ring of Royal Grandeur is recommended for the cube, not as an "alternative" (and without alternatives): this seems to mean that using the Sage Set is the default recommendation with this build variation, not simply an "alternative". Thus, two Sage's Set items should be mentioned as "Best in Slot". If Sage's Set is not a "must" but only an "alternative", another jewel should be the "Best in Slot" for Kanai's Cube; moreover, if the non-Sage build is a viable alternative, RoRG should be labelled as "Alternative DB farm" in the cube... Following what's Best-in-Slot now, one will end up with 7 Akkan Set pieces AND a cubed RoRG...

6) Which are the recommended Follower (if playing solo) and Potion for this build?

Ok dumb question that I’m sure has been asked a bunch. I’m fairly new to D3 and I started a season character a few weeks ago. I’ve been pushing a Invoker Thorns Crusader with pretty good results. He is only 70(540) atm but I’m breezing through Torment 13 content with little effort. But now that I’m doing lvl 70 GRs, it seems like I’m starting to hit the wall. I’m sure I’ll be able to get into GR 80s, but I’m starting to die more than I’m used to  

So here is the million dollar question. Do I stick with the Invoker Thorns setup and for how long? Or should I look at using the LoN for something like Blessed Shield or another build I’m not aware of? Is there a end game setup with the most success when it come to pushing GR 100+?