FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Support Monk

Guest purph

helpful 5th passive chant of resonance or near death experiance.... well 1 of those is already listed as the 4 passives to take.... did you intentionally double up? cause im pretty sure it doesnt stack

Guest Unforged

Why would you take secondary resist over all resist in this build? Seems like you only benefit from it if you take the Harmony passive.

Guest querulant

what about this speed zmonk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ES721mNVLM

Guest Jake
On 1/28/2019 at 5:47 AM, Guest Unforged said:

Why would you take secondary resist over all resist in this build? Seems like you only benefit from it if you take the Harmony passive.

We are also wondering about this, since the guide doesnt recommend harmony, kinda confused us

Guest unity bugged

The passive unity is bugged unfortunaterly and therefore useless

Guest Jamie

This build is from about 3 seasons ago. Yes it can still be used but is not optimal.

Guest querulant

yes, kinda ancient but still working. current meta uses captain set (belt & pants or boots), inna's helm instead of leoric's (12.5% from diamond plus 20% from set instead of just another 12.5% from the crown), plus ring of royal grandeur of course. some even use born's set (chest and shoulders) in addition to the captain set, but then you need inna's boots. breath of heaven (zephyr) and deadly reach (piercing trident) instead of blinding flash and cyclone strike.

Guest Demilich2005

My opinions on the Inna's set are that it is geared towards support/pet damage. From that aspect I would swap out the Illusory boots for Inna's and swap the strongarm bracers for  bindings of the lesser gods. Then exchange your weapons for the Inn'as daibo.  Swap the spirit guards in your cube for the crudest boots. Possibly change one of your gems to enforcer also.  Change epiphany for either mystic ally  with choice of water, fire or earth rune for a damage option or air if you want more spirit to spam cyclone strike.   What this setup does is give us a lot more damage and survivability in the form of our now 10 mystic allies (2 of each runed one all of which carry passive bonuses) and focuses on them doing most of our damage.  Our damage from the 6 piece Inna's is increased by 750% for EACH of them, and with 10 (thanks to our crudest boots) out that means 7500% increased damage for us.  I got rid of epiphany since our only spirit usage is cyclone strike anyway and we are gaining 8 per second from the 2 air allies along with our hits from crippling wave. I went with mystic ally water to replace it with instead. If you cyclone strike before activating the mystic ally water you will trigger the bindings of the lesser gods and the water allies 7 wave attacks can do over 1 billion damage (x2 since there are 2 of them and both use it on activation). I think that just the damage increase to us is enough to comepensate for the changes but you will also be gaining 10 allies/pets that can deal a lot of damage and take hits for us. With this build setup about 90% of our damage will be coming from our pets which auto revive in 5 secs even if killed off. The water ones allow us to slow enemies 60%, since we have 2 fire ones our damage will get another 20% (10% for each) boost,  4 spirit regen x2 for the air, 10k life per second x2 for the enduring (more if you have descent life per second on your gear) and the 20% increased life x2 from the earth allies being out. all of that for the low, low cost of upgrading to a 6 piece set from the 4 piece posted here.

23 hours ago, Guest Demilich2005 said:

My opinions on the Inna's set are that it is geared towards support/pet damage. From that aspect I would swap out the Illusory boots for Inna's and swap the strongarm bracers for  bindings of the lesser gods. Then exchange your weapons for the Inn'as daibo.  Swap the spirit guards in your cube for the crudest boots. Possibly change one of your gems to enforcer also.  Change epiphany for either mystic ally  with choice of water, fire or earth rune for a damage option or air if you want more spirit to spam cyclone strike.   What this setup does is give us a lot more damage and survivability in the form of our now 10 mystic allies (2 of each runed one all of which carry passive bonuses) and focuses on them doing most of our damage.  Our damage from the 6 piece Inna's is increased by 750% for EACH of them, and with 10 (thanks to our crudest boots) out that means 7500% increased damage for us.  I got rid of epiphany since our only spirit usage is cyclone strike anyway and we are gaining 8 per second from the 2 air allies along with our hits from crippling wave. I went with mystic ally water to replace it with instead. If you cyclone strike before activating the mystic ally water you will trigger the bindings of the lesser gods and the water allies 7 wave attacks can do over 1 billion damage (x2 since there are 2 of them and both use it on activation). I think that just the damage increase to us is enough to comepensate for the changes but you will also be gaining 10 allies/pets that can deal a lot of damage and take hits for us. With this build setup about 90% of our damage will be coming from our pets which auto revive in 5 secs even if killed off. The water ones allow us to slow enemies 60%, since we have 2 fire ones our damage will get another 20% (10% for each) boost,  4 spirit regen x2 for the air, 10k life per second x2 for the enduring (more if you have descent life per second on your gear) and the 20% increased life x2 from the earth allies being out. all of that for the low, low cost of upgrading to a 6 piece set from the 4 piece posted here.

I think you are missing the point of the build. As a support, your main focus is helping your teammate(s) with positioning (grouping for AOE) , absorbs, healing, buffs and debuffs, not dealing damage. 1 billion is not a big number at all (for example impale dhs can hit trillions without Ancient gear). 

There is a build designed for pet dps with inna's, but it is rather weak compared to other monk builds (generator, WoL) 

Guest MrDee

There is an error in Section 1 - Rotation on the Skills, Runes and Passives page of this guide. After it was updated today, Blinding Flash was removed from the active skills for this build. However it is still mentioned in the paragraph explaining the rotation.

Guest Bazzu85
On 11/21/2019 at 9:40 PM, Guest MrDee said:

There is an error in Section 1 - Rotation on the Skills, Runes and Passives page of this guide. After it was updated today, Blinding Flash was removed from the active skills for this build. However it is still mentioned in the paragraph explaining the rotation.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, Syrokx said:

2 Rings of Gradeur ??

Yep, both skill and item are wrong.. 

Guest Krammitman

I'm not understanding the value of illusory boots. When Epiphany is active you can warp around enemy packs no problem. On top of that you need to strike while your moving anyway to keep Gogok and Spirit guards up. (running around without the spirit guard buff is an instant death sentence). I believe it is much more effecient to drop the illusory boots and replace with Inna's boots. Then drop inna's helm and replace with leoric's. That extra cooldown pushed me up over 75% without the gogok giving me 100% uptime on epiphany even when rotating between packs as well as bringing my cooldowns for all of my other survival skills into epic levels especially with gogok proc'd (80% CDR with gogok). Learn to use your epiphany (you gotta be accurate with the mouse) to warp around packs and you'll relish that extra 10% CDR you get from running Leorics. You could also easily keep the inna helm and rotate in Auila cuirass for a big fat survivability buff. It really opens up the build when you drop illusory. They really only help with stairs and if you're team is good they can help you get around stairs when the way is all jammed up.

Guest skill and item liste

Why is the "Ring of Royal Grandeur" still listed  both in Ring slot #1 and in the Ring cube slot?

also why is Cyclone strike listed ?

On 12/5/2020 at 12:53 PM, Guest Der said:

Also no dashing strike but 4 th slot in cube is for that skill

Fair point! I considered altering the skill selection to accommodate an otherwise decent inclusion, but to be honest simple Nemesis BracersNemesis Bracers will bring more value to a support character. The guide should be updated shortly with this revised recommendation.

Looking at the 1.1 section, running with Witch Doctors... I can only find one WD build that uses Pain Enhancer, and that one is low-tier. Has this section become obsolete, or is there a case to be made for having a WD group-mate swap out for a Pain Enhancer on higher builds like Mundunugu?

On 2/8/2021 at 8:19 PM, solitha said:

...or is there a case to be made for having a WD group-mate swap out for a Pain Enhancer on higher builds like Mundunugu?

That's precisely the case! Mundunugu party variants use Pain Enhancer for group play, as they are tasked strictly with killing trash enemies and relegate the Bane of the Stricken to the Rift Guardian Killer team member.

2 hours ago, Deadset said:

That's precisely the case! Mundunugu party variants use Pain Enhancer for group play, as they are tasked strictly with killing trash enemies and relegate the Bane of the Stricken to the Rift Guardian Killer team member.

Ah! Wouldn't fit for us then, as we're only a two-person party, and if I went this build he'd have to be able to kill all the things. Got it, thanks for the explanation!

Minor suggestions
1) helm has Resist All as a primary stat and secondary resist as a secondary stat. If Resist All is better than armor (and it probably is since no harmony passive), then secondary stat should probably be changed to bonus exp per monster kill.

2) Nemesis bracers SHOULD be mentioned in every zdps build. Someone needs to run it.

3) Would highly suggest Sieze the Initiative instead of Unity for passives.

4) Instead of Star of Azkaranth, you can cube RoRG and wear ORotZ. This change is just dependent on the player's other gear but should be mentioned as an alternative. 

5) Would be nice to have two different support monk guides. One for high GR pushing and one for speed GR. I think most people would prefer zdps monk for speed runs rather than PoJ monk.

Edited by Peldin

Guest anon

Just the simple fact that illusory boots are in this build during this season means the entire build is wildly out-of-date by not taking into account the Altar passives. Maxroll.gg seems to have more reliable info.