FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

WoL Monk

Guest Kanhef

In the Season 16 Adjustments section, why does it call for improving Epiphany uptime, when Epiphany isn't a listed part of this build?

Guest bamleex1y2z3

Actually this guide isn't good as it says " cube the ring of royale grandeur"... very sensefull in s17 :D.

Guest JohnoftheDoe

So will the build be updated with the Innas WoL build that is dominating the leader boards? 

Guest Where is Inna WoL?

The list shows sunwuko or inna for Wave of light build, but you dont show any inna at all, just sunwuko ??  The current solo leader board for Season 16 is using inna Wave of light, any update for the other build set inna on WoL happening anytime soon ??

Guest Tat

ya i think mr deadset needs a new job. it seems kinda lazy that he changed the ring to reflect what it should be for the innas version in the season 16 section but ok`d the rest of the guide without changing anything else.

I've passed the feedback on to Deadset and we'll make sure to update/add the new information ASAP!

With the update only like 3 weeks ago, with almost every build needing to be gone over again for the re ranking of them, with the incorporation of new now finally useful LoN builds, and with the slight changes for every build for the season of grandeur, I'd say they've done a great and speedy job. They have to play with all the builds for a decent amount of time, go through everyone's ideas and opinions. I think we could be a little more understanding in the way we word things when bringing up issues. Or often times "issues" that have to do with us not looking at the build pages thoroughly, not that I haven't been guilty of it. 

I'll ask these here since the LoN WoL build isn't getting much play and response yet. Looks like it's quite a nice build, probably not quite as good as Sunwoku or Inna's, because of the set rings or TP/CR bonuses. First, are you really immune to dmg entirely for 4 seconds after using dashing strike at 110% dodge chance? and how easy to you guys find it to have that, and the extra charge, at the right time fighting powerful enemies?

That's a fire build, the LoN one, due to the cindercoat, so this doesn't apply to that. But I'm wondering what people think of the Cold WoL. I'm using it for now until I get more bracer options either way. Enemies can often be lined up nicely for it. It's slightly better for single enemies, and to me although different and hard to compare, also seems slightly better AoE, more often for big random groups of enemies. Like the full AoE is bigger, and enemies are lined up for taking full advantage of the AoE just as often in the straight line as they are in a clump. Works great in hallways of course, and the giant clumps in the middle of a map are often so big you can still take full advantage of it as well. Or am I just entirely wrong there? Or is the difference very little, randomly generated enemies, and really just users choice?

Also I was shocked by just reading the Inna's is at the top of the leaderboards. I was thinking I'd like to try it anyway, I play on HC and its toughness seems better than Sunwoku's. But I figured the max dmg % from sets by themselves, a separate modifier, were pretty clear. 750% X (max MA's) 10 = 7500% dmg. vs . 1500% X (max SW stacks) 10 = 15000% dmg. So the big dmg skill WoL is by far the most important, and I assumed almost twice as good in Sunwoku's as in Inna's. Except Rabid strike is huge, and I already have a great ancient one so that helps it's basically X2 dmg. So assuming you can spend half your time, and most of your important elite or worse time in epiphany( with great cooldown) then you are cruising I guess. Throw in all base Mantra effects X2 and MA bonuses X2, so the awesome Dmg ones included. Throw in the dmg from your 10 MA's hits as well for icing on the cake. Convention of elements... Nevermind the huge toughness boosts from epiphany, MA's and those Mantras. (great for me on HC, but not so much the point for the reason they are on top the leaderboards)
Breaking it down it's becoming clearer. It's easier to reach and maintain 100% dmg boost from the focus/ restraint than with TP/CR though. I bet it's easier and closer too full dmg boost, if you mostly move with Dashing Strike as well though.  So I guess I don't have to wait for ancient crude boots, I'll try the Inna's and use it in the cube ? I'm glad I read that and then broke it down, because I had initially not bothered to think much of it, decided against Inna's after adding up the set bonuses by themselves. 

I also wanted to add in that my buddies monk is a 5 Inna's 3 Uliana's Monk with a real mean SSS. I haven't seen the build at all in the forums or the builds. Forgive my newb questions, as I think it would not top the WoL monks, but I'm curious what people think of that one. Or really just confirmation it's been looked at already and doesn't so much work nearly as well towards end game. 

Guest FrontButt5150

Question: why are you not using Kyoshiro's Soul?

Coupled with Vengeful Wind and the fact that this is build is already a resource vampire, a perma 10-stack of sweeping wind without a resource cost is just a no brainer.

Even without Witching Hour, I'm doing GR-90 comfortably with 35.50% CRC and 521% CRD, now with less resource management. My build isnt even fully optimized.

Guest Yolo
7 hours ago, Guest FrontButt5150 said:

Question: why are you not using Kyoshiro's Soul?

Coupled with Vengeful Wind and the fact that this is build is already a resource vampire, a perma 10-stack of sweeping wind without a resource cost is just a no brainer.

Even without Witching Hour, I'm doing GR-90 comfortably with 35.50% CRC and 521% CRD, now with less resource management. My build isnt even fully optimized.

Normally, you do not need to manually refresh SW - Refreshes itself with the constant WoL spam + generator attacks. Witching Hour is suited for high end 110 + pushing - And having a massive +50% Critical Damage is a no brainer in a situation when Guardian and Elite health numbers  are That big.

For  mid GR farming, you can revert to the convenience of Kyoshiro.

I find Sunwuko WoL starts getting squishy around +GR85, in a avg season, glass canon, it's either hitting the time-consuming  constant generator for spirit guards to trigger, (and keep you alive), or big CHC/CHD, and take a few deaths but finish it within time.

The tedious micro-managing "witching hour" for stacks,, compared to Kyoshiro's belt, may get you 1 or 2 GR's above expected, (depending on your rng GR), but that's about it.

Sunwuko/WoL is a great build, but it definitely needs more defence/toughness.

Inna's/WoL the same, except for what it may lack in total DMG, it makes up for in toughness.

Edited by rickster

Hello, I noticed that in this build there is something strange: to play the best "Sunwuko Wave of Light" you say you have to use 6 pieces of the set of Sunwuko but if you enter the 3rd section (Gear page) there is it's only 5, is it wrong? "Sunwuko's Crown" would not go to the head instead of the "Tzo Krin's Gaze"?

P.S. sorry for my english from "google translator"

9 hours ago, lelesirio said:

Hello, I noticed that in this build there is something strange: to play the best "Sunwuko Wave of Light" you say you have to use 6 pieces of the set of Sunwuko but if you enter the 3rd section (Gear page) there is it's only 5, is it wrong? "Sunwuko's Crown" would not go to the head instead of the "Tzo Krin's Gaze"?

P.S. sorry for my english from "google translator"

This is because the current Season going on (the Season of Grandeur), which gives all seasonal characters the buff from the legendary rRing of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur  which reduces the number of set items required to gain a set bonus by 1 (minimum 2 still required, but then you only need 3/5 pieces equipped to get the 4/6 set bonuses).

Sorry, me and my stupid questions, I played much more with the fire WoL, and I see it is way better than it looked. The cold one was cool. But that fire one, now that is see it does the full circle of dmg, not just the lines of fire it shoots out, and an even bigger circle than I thought at first, it's clearly better, not even much worse in a hallway or certain situation where shooting straight out forward is ideal. Fire was a much bigger AoE than Cold, not a little bit like I thought. So the little dmg reduction of fire over cold is nothing comparatively. 

that is, you are telling me that it is better to replace "tsunami" and other cold skills with those of fire?

52 minutes ago, Knutsanity said:

Sorry, me and my stupid questions, I played much more with the fire WoL, and I see it is way better than it looked. The cold one was cool. But that fire one, now that is see it does the full circle of dmg, not just the lines of fire it shoots out, and an even bigger circle than I thought at first, it's clearly better, not even much worse in a hallway or certain situation where shooting straight out forward is ideal. Fire was a much bigger AoE than Cold, not a little bit like I thought. So the little dmg reduction of fire over cold is nothing comparatively.  

No no, I'm not telling you to do anything. I asked earlier in the thread if people thought the Cold WoL was almost as good as Fire, because I thought it was, and had to use it because of the gear I had at the time. But was correcting myself after playing with the fire one. Just Wave of Light. The Tsunami on your generator is for freezing enemies to help you be less vulnerable. Wave of Light is the only important dmg skill for this build, so don't worry about anything else for dmg reasons. Everything else is for defence, and spirit generating. 

As far as your question about the helmet was concerned, I'd always use the Helmet for WoL, even if you have to use the RoRG to do it. Because it makes WoL a ranged skill instead of right in front of you, and because it also has over 100% WoL damage. Way better than convention of elements or any other ring skill you feel you may want. But that is already on the build page. As is the option to use in the season when you don't need to use the RoRG. The ring of royal grandeur (RoRG for short) gives you the chance to wear one less set piece and still get the bonus. and since the helmet is such a nice helmet, very important for this build, it is always best to use it if you have the option of wearing it and still getting the full set bonus, which you do have the option with the ring of royal grandeur. 

So I was thinking about and wondering if choosing Mystic Ally but with no rune is the way to go with all Inna's builds. The set gives you all 5 runed MA's, the boots gives you 2 of each. So no need to choose the skill at all I would think, except the Innas build shows MA chosen with Air Ally. You should get all 5 X2 including their bonuses either way no? And the main question is if you choose the skill but with no runes would that give you 6 MA's X2 =12?? That's 9000% extra damage instead of 7500% for the set bonus??

Has anyone played around with the Pillar of Ancients rune? The runes total damage would be higher than fire, assuming enemies remain in range of it. I just did a 90 with fire and with lightning and had about the same times (i did reroll ele on bracers), but PoA felt a bit easier to me. I might start to like the lightning better because it still feels like the fire rune but with an added DoT effect, which makes it count more. I suppose it also depends on the rift, but even most open GR's retain some hallway shape which this rune would be more effective at. 

I am also not a fan of WoL melee build with focus & restraint- it is definitely OP but the playstyle is awkward what with jumping to a mob to proc the generator then jumping back to spam with Zei, and dropping pillars that continue to damage and slow enemies gives you a bit more mobility imo since you can afford a tiny bit less spamming and get more total dmg to grouped up mobs. Any thoughts? 

Is the "Inna Wave of Light Variation" supposed to be a season-16-only build? Or is it a still viable build for non-seasonal characters (and future seasonal ones), replacing Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac with Ring of Royal Grandeur in Kanai's Cube?

On 3/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, Knutsanity said:

So I was thinking about and wondering if choosing Mystic Ally but with no rune is the way to go with all Inna's builds. The set gives you all 5 runed MA's, the boots gives you 2 of each. So no need to choose the skill at all I would think, except the Innas build shows MA chosen with Air Ally. You should get all 5 X2 including their bonuses either way no? And the main question is if you choose the skill but with no runes would that give you 6 MA's X2 =12?? That's 9000% extra damage instead of 7500% for the set bonus??

I only have an answer for the selecting Air vs selecting none, and it isn't fully researched. I'm currently using a full Inna and have  Air rune selected. Switching to no rune, I still have 10 MAs (2 of each element) and my resource still refilled so I assume I'm stilling getting all actives as well. 

Conclusion: Selecting a rune doesn't seem to have an impact on the MA 6-buff from Inna's.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:01 AM, Elekim said:

Is the "Inna Wave of Light Variation" supposed to be a season-16-only build? Or is it a still viable build for non-seasonal characters (and future seasonal ones), replacing Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac with Ring of Royal Grandeur in Kanai's Cube?

In my opinion I would say yes it would still be viable, having the only loss be your ORoZ or CoE rings, with RRoG taking either the Cube slot or being the equipped ring, and not sacrificing the Endless Walk set bonus from removing the Compass Rose ring.
(Personally don't care for the CoE ring anyway, so that loss I'm glad to take in order to keep this build running, regardless of the 200% dmg difference)

Edited by TheRealTecknos
  • Like 1