FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Tempest Rush Monk

On 7/13/2020 at 7:01 AM, drkenrich said:

Since EVERY skill except Blinding Flash and Epiphany is a resource-spending skill, I don't understand the denial of Bastion of Will.

Hey there and apologies if the wording in  the guide was confusing! I mean that:

- The Endless Walk set is denied to the build, since it features an amulet and a ring, and the amulet slot is "locked" due to the mandatory Sunwuko's Shines

and

- The Bastions of Will set is denied to the build, since it can only reliably proc the spender half of its bonus, and not its full benefit - making it a very sub-par option for the build.

The presented jewelry split Sunwuko's Shines - Convention of Elements - Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac will provide you with the best balance of survivability, utility and damage-increasing properties!

Guest Zang

Bastions of Will set is not denied by using Sunwuko Amulet, since it’s two rings (Focus and Restraint).  It offers a flat 50% damage bump on generators or spenders.  Would this set be a gain over the two rings listed?  Obviously you’ll still have to cube RORG for the other set bonuses.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:18 PM, Guest Zang said:

Bastions of Will set is not denied by using Sunwuko Amulet, since it’s two rings (Focus and Restraint).  It offers a flat 50% damage bump on generators or spenders.  Would this set be a gain over the two rings listed?  Obviously you’ll still have to cube RORG for the other set bonuses.

While Monks have a lesser benefit from CoE compared to other classes due to their 5-element rotation, over time it provides a 40% damage increase and allows you to wear an additional, crucial jewelry legendary power in the face of Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. I wouldn't trade them for a (halved) Bastions of Will.

How would this build work to make it work on an xbox controller? i can't seem to recall where the numbers would fall on the controller anymore or how to find any info on it thanks. 

Guest KennyPowers

Hello,

Just an FYI one of the Legendary rolls you can get on Jade Talon is “reduce the cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy.” And this is the optimal roll, not the one recommended. Then you don’t need obsidian ring and you can run SOJ, utilizing the lightning damage on Wom Kim and changing it into cold. Your cold damage will be at up to +85% with the correct rolls and your crits will be massive. This is the better GRIFT setup since you don’t need movement speed much in higher pushes.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:22 PM, Guest KennyPowers said:

Hello,

Just an FYI one of the Legendary rolls you can get on Jade Talon is “reduce the cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy.” And this is the optimal roll, not the one recommended. Then you don’t need obsidian ring and you can run SOJ, utilizing the lightning damage on Wom Kim and changing it into cold. Your cold damage will be at up to +85% with the correct rolls and your crits will be massive. This is the better GRIFT setup since you don’t need movement speed much in higher pushes.

Heya! I've taken a look at the current state of Sunwuko TR high end GR pushing, and it seems to agree that the optimal setup is the one we currently have. Past a certain point in GR progression even trash kills slow down enough to a point where the Messerschmidt's Reaver unique power (the one your describe that lowers CDs by 1 second per kill) does not reset cooldowns fast and reliably enough as the simple Spirit-spending based Zodiac ring power.

Guest Old5ch001

Season 25 question. I play on Xbox btw. Name is Old5ch001. Currently GR 132 and Para 1126. 

Can Remnant of Pain (with the cold proc) proc Ceasar's Momento? If so, would a push build benefit from using this soul shard for the CC/Proc (perma freeze) vs the Anguish/Poison Explosion? Could even free up a skill instead of using Blinding Flash. Trying to level up a decent Pain atm to test. Trying to get %Cold Skill dam with %50 freeze to test. 

Also, would also like to test cubing a Rimeheart with this build. Curious if the %10,000 weapon damage would outshine Balance in the cube since it's essentially a 1/5 chance to proc Rimeheart. 

If I'm wrong or way off base I apologize. Just curious and trying to theory craft. Obviously you folks understand numbers better than myself. I'll post my findings when I farm the correct gear. In the mean time, if anyone has time to test, or has tried, please let me know your findings. 

Thank you! 

No need to apologize at all! The questions are warranted and interesting.

Remnant of Pain can somewhat work in the setup, but you have to consider the following factors:

- Each successive application of hard crowd control (like Freeze) makes monsters more and more immune to CC. This can make them immune and/or out of the control of your pull in the worst possible moment, i.e. when you release Flurry.

- The Remnant proc is chance-based and thus out of your control, unlike the on-demand Blinding Flash. Having CC under your exact control ensures Cesar's Memento is procced. 

- The Deathblow explosion on Essence of Anguish heavily favors builds that deal infrequent, but very hard hits - which is textbook Tempest Rush during pushing, as you build up one giant Flurry and explode it in optimal circumstances.

For the aforementioned reasons, I firmly believe Essence of Anguish will be your better choice. 

Rimeheart, much like other "damage proc" items, sadly provides too little damage value to be worth considering over a straight damage multiplier (like Balance). On top of that, Rimeheart will deliver its damage quite a bit less than the intuitive 1 in 5 hits, since the proc also relies on the internal proc chance of the skill you use it with. For Tempest Rush, I believe the value is 0.25, or 1 in 20 hits. Add to that the diminishing returns of CC on monsters making them harder and harder to Freeze, and the outdated damage proc value (quite low despite its imposing numbers), and things start to look pretty grim for Rimeheart 😞