FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Zuni Gargantuan Witch Doctor

Some minor notes, as usual:

1) On the first line of "Best in Slot Gear and Alternatives" section, there is a parenthesis that is opened but not closed.

2) In the table of the Gear page, The Short Man's Finger is the "Best in Slot" ring, while Convention of Elements is an "Alternative"; in the Introduction page, Convention of Elements is the worn ring, and  The Short Man's Finger is cubed. There is no much difference, but maybe the two pages should be modified to suggest the same ring to wear...

3) The table on "Speed Farming Variation" page marks items of the Sage set as "Alternative DB farm", but Zunimassa's Pox (as the 7th Zunimassa's item) and the cubed Ring of Royal Grandeur are "mandatory": probably two items of the Sage set should be labelled as "Best in Slot" instead of alternatives? Or, in the unlikely situation where the Pox and RoRG are "alternatives" to a pure-Zunimassa build, which are the Best in Slot rings?

4) It seems that the Templar with Thunderfury is the suggested Follower for this build: I think this should be told explicitly, together with the suggested Potion.

5) In the skill page, when talking about Grave Injustice, it is written: "Take notice of the pickup radius synergy and try to obtain that stat in the secondaries of your gear". However, this secondary attribute is never mentioned nor suggested in the Gear page and in the stat priority tables...

Guest Hellhades

Why does no one take tasker n theo gloves into consideration with this build?

8 hours ago, Guest Hellhades said:

Why does no one take tasker n theo gloves into consideration with this build?

There's two ways to incorporate Tasker & Theo.

1. Put it in the Cube: the Mask of Jeram is strictly stronger; 200% extra damage vs 50% IAS (though in some ases IAS trumps extra damage for status effects, this is not the case for this build - admittedly, I haven't played it in quite some time so this may have changed...Build used to be quite reliant on area damage and then IAS can be more effective)

2. Equip it on your character. This means you need to use the RoRG to still get the Zuni 6 piece bonus, or equipping the Zuni ring - either way, you're giving up a ring slot for the T&T. The Short Man's Finger is absolutely build critical. Compass Rose is a REALLY good set to run with this build, it's a very natural fit. And the Convention of Elements....well, it's almost obligatory for all high-pushing builds, sadly. I don't like the mechanic, but the bonus every few seconds boils down to a 50% increase if you're not paying attention at all, or a lot more if you don't mind timing your skills a bit. I'd personally say you may be able to use T&T and the RoRG instead of the Compass Rose, and replace the amulet with a well-rolled one - plenty of good options - and have it work well.

This site tends to favor only shoiwing one "perfected" way of making a build, while some builds really do allow for a lot of variation without an overall major loss of efficacy. This way of showing builds is great for pushing the absolute best version of a build, but does somewhat hide the difference between "this item is absolutely required to make it past GR60 with this build" and this item is only the best choice in GR100+ and you may be better served with something else while gearing up". Especially for a mid-tier build such as this one it might be interesting to list some viable alternate builds.

19 hours ago, Bubble181 said:

This site tends to favor only shoiwing one "perfected" way of making a build, while some builds really do allow for a lot of variation without an overall major loss of efficacy. This way of showing builds is great for pushing the absolute best version of a build, but does somewhat hide the difference between "this item is absolutely required to make it past GR60 with this build" and this item is only the best choice in GR100+ and you may be better served with something else while gearing up". Especially for a mid-tier build such as this one it might be interesting to list some viable alternate builds.

Yup, this is pretty on point. ? It has always been a tricky thing to balance between giving "too many options / information", and presenting things "too rigidly and meta-adherent". It was also the reason why farming variation pages got split off in the first place, the alterations were getting lost in a sea of words of the (formerly) single, wall-of-text build page. It's something I could improve upon, of course; I've started mainly with jewelry alterations, since they easily produce the biggest effect (i.e. optimal damage setup for pushing with Focus & Restraint gets swapped for Unity and Endless Walk) and readers frequently ask "how can I die less?" 

So far I've opted to leave sub-optimal alterations (or even side-grades!) to builds, like the introduction of Taskers would be in this build, to forum discussions. Your outline of the necessary changes should fit Hellhades's request - thanks for chiming in, as usual!