FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Twister Wizard

Guest Alex R.

What about Crown of the Primus as the piece that gets switched in for season 16? Are the Swampland Waders that much better with a 20 per cent arcane damage roll?

Guest Legs Season 16?

What pants would be BIS for Season 16.  What I see posted as alternative to wear are Witch Doctor pants, not Wizard. Just wondering

Guest Venom

Energy twister DMO builds are at the top tier. Not sure why this is labelled as high tier. 

Uncommon Patron
On 2/1/2019 at 5:22 PM, Guest Venom said:

Energy twister DMO builds are at the top tier. Not sure why this is labelled as high tier. 

I think that is only true on consoles now.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, Guest Legs Season 16? said:

What pants would be BIS for Season 16.  What I see posted as alternative to wear are Witch Doctor pants, not Wizard. Just wondering

Those are the best pants for almost every class and build, because they roll with 15-20% elemental dmg, they seem to drop for other classes and other main stats if I recall correctly too. So getting one where you only have to change one roll is possible for other classes. 

15-20% dmg is a nice bonus usually reserved to bracers and amulets, so it's a nice bonus. Combined with a lack of good pants options they just take the cake. Same goes for fire and cold gloves, there is a pair of each. And the cindercoat chest. 

Combined with the ring you could never wear with LoN, there is a possibility of 120% elemental dmg total. Useless but neat information. But with LoN you could do 100% fire, or 80% cold, or 60% all the others. 65% arcane with the special amulet of 25%. In the season of Grandeur lots of sets can include 60% of your element's dmg now instead of 40%. SO for the ones where there aren't more useful options than that, you'll see those pants, chest or gloves a lot. 

Guest Nick G.

Why use a topaz in your helm? Hergbrash's Binding gives you infinite mana.

Guest Barzulo
On 2/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, WelPhQ2 said:

I think that is only true on consoles now.

But why? I'm playing on Xbox and the top 100 players are all using this set. So I was really surprised that it's just ranked as high tier. What's the difference? 

1) In the Introduction page this build is said to be "strictly oriented at Greater Rift progression", but it is labelled also as "speed-farming": should this label e removed?

2) In the Gear page, the table recommends "Life per Hit" twice for the weapon: should one be removed, or maybe changed to "Damage %"?

On 3/22/2019 at 4:08 PM, Guest Nick G. said:

Why use a topaz in your helm? Hergbrash's Binding gives you infinite mana.

I know this is an older post, but seeing as how I have been playing this build this season and saw this I figured I would clear this up.

You can technically run this build with "infinite" mana by simply channeling Arcane Torrent with Etched Sigil to get free Twisters. This isn't the optimal way to play this build though and it will really start to show once you get to higher GR levels.

Optimally with this build you want to be periodically manually casting Twister while you are channeling Arcane Torrent (and this does cost resource). The build wants to do this for a few different reasons.

First off we do this because of rune choice. The build wants its Twisters to meet up and combine as often as possible for the damage increase. Manually casting Twister while channeling Arcane Torrent (and getting free Twisters) allows the build to easily stack Twisters on top of each other to achieve this effect.

Secondly we want to consider the DMO set bonuses. Each manual cast of Twister cuts the cooldown of Slow Time down by 3 seconds. Combine this with the Illusionist passive and it becomes very easy to keep multiple Slow Time bubbles up at once with 100% uptime. With all of the benefits from the DMO set to Slow Time (and the usefulness of Slow Time in general), this directly equates to a significant increase to both your damage output and overall survival.

Third. As far as I know effects that trigger on cast/attack don't trigger off of the free cast Twisters. Area Damage for example. So if you aren't manually casting Twister then you aren't really getting the full benefit of these stats.

Hope this clears things up for anyone curious or interested in running the build.

I completely don't understand this part:

Attack Speed is an important affix as far as Arcane Torrent Arcane Torrent-Etched Sigil Etched Sigil combo builds are concerned, since you want to match the 60-frame internal cooldown of the source with a 10-frame/tick rate of the skill. In short, this requires that you get 1.81 to 2.00 sheet attacks per second

Why do I need attack speed 1.81? I've re-read this 10 times and I still don't understand it.

Why do I need to match 60-frame cooldown of Etched Sigil casts with 10-frame per tick rate of the "skill" (also it doesn't say which skill. Energy Twister or Arcane Torrent)?

Edited by DarkNero

5 hours ago, DarkNero said:

I completely don't understand this part:

Why do I need attack speed 1.81? I've re-read this 10 times and I still don't understand it.

Why do I need to match 60-frame cooldown of Etched Sigil casts with 10-frame per tick rate of the "skill" (also it doesn't say which skill. Energy Twister or Arcane Torrent)?

To have the most Energy Twisters out. Here is why: Etched Sigil checks if its internal CD is over each tick. 

If you have 12 Frames tick

12 Frames elapsed :No

24:No

36:No

48:No

60:Yes

So every second you send out 1.

11 Frames tick

11:No

22:No

33:No

44:No

55:No

66:Yes

You send out a Twister every 1.1 second.

10 frames:

10:No

20:No

30:No

40:No

50:No

60:Yes

You send out a Twister every second. 

As you can see, having an attack speed that causes a break point not aligning with the internal CD of Etched Sigil reduces you Twisters per time, and it reduces the overall Damage you can output. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Yolo said:

To have the most Energy Twisters out. Here is why: Etched Sigil checks if its internal CD is over each tick. 

I have another question. The guide says:

In short, this requires that you get 1.81 to 2.00 sheet attacks per second

Why do you need to raise the AS that high by sacrificing other useful rolls on the gear, when you can go with AS from 1.54 to 1.66 and still have Etched Sigil proc every 60 frames?

Edited by DarkNero

Guest Guesty

Could I use disintegrate with this build in place of arcane torrent?

On 8/2/2020 at 8:45 PM, Guest Guesty said:

Could I use disintegrate with this build in place of arcane torrent?

While not recommended due to the lesser utility of Disintegrate - yes, you can. Any of the three channeled spells that proc Etched Sigil will do the job. ?

Guest Cruorin

2.6.10 version, spellsteal rune is mentioned as the arcane stack for elemental exposure, but wicked wind is also arcane. Black hole needs to be cold or lightning, with your weapon providing the 4th. That's if arcane torrent & energy twister aren't changed, but damage reduction & precision are probably best secondary effects Also storm armor does count for elemental exposure, but is single target & bonus is calculated separately for each enemy; you want area for each element.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:28 AM, Guest Cruorin said:

Also storm armor does count for elemental exposure, but is single target & bonus is calculated separately for each enemy; you want area for each element.

Hey - the note is completely fair, but the benefits from Elemental Exposure are lesser (if somewhat more readily available) than those of the Spellsteal rune, so I'd rather it stays on the Arcane element, similarly to the main damage dealer of the build, Wicked Wind. That being said, I'll push out an adjustment to the guide for the Shocking AspectShocking Aspect rune of Storm ArmorStorm Armor , as it provides a greater number of procs for EE, and better Halo of KariniHalo of Karini uptime to boot.