FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
shocknawe

R Shammy Room for Improvement?

Hey all, I'm writing this post to get some feedback on my current Resto Shaman. I raid 10 mans with a disc priest and I feel okay with my current set up but I really wanna see what suggestions/improvements are out there that I haven't tried. I have LMG & cloak so I shot for the 30% haste breakpoint and I'm at 15.9k spirit. Below is my armory link so shoot away smile.png

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Shócknawe/simple

Heya,

As stoove said logs are really important to be able to give you any actual game play tips.

Just from the gear, I suppose you might be able to reforge out of a bit of spirit into crit if you feel comfortable with it. You have 30% haste which is nice, if you favor crit > mastery you can probably reforge some of that away, if not its fine.

Also see that you are using pure int gems in most slots, not sure if thats optimal, will leave that one to stoove.

You have nice trinkets, would recommend using item upgrades on them for maximum benefit.

You have engineering but dont seem to be using the engineering only benefits.

Not much else that can be said without logs.

Dof

Also see that you are using pure int gems in most slots, not sure if thats optimal, will leave that one to stoove.

That entirely depends on your stat weight setup. I'd normally say go for Int where possible, but most of the time the socket bonuses outweigh any loss you'd get. So basically it's not optimal to gem pure Intellect. The best way to tell is to decide what your stat weights are and plug them into Ask Mr Robot! smile.png

I completely agree about the Spirit thing, nearly 16k is a LOT, even without a regen trinket.

You have nice trinkets, would recommend using item upgrades on them for maximum benefit.

This kind of thing makes me cry, especially with more or less BiS trinkets! Take the Prismatic Prison upgrades first, because the stats bonus increases as you upgrade it! smile.png

thank you, atm i have no logs. I will work on regemming and forging some spirit out for stats like crit and I kinda like mastery where its at, anything else you guys can think of without seeing logs?

stoove could u link ur armory?

Edited by shocknawe

Thanks! We'll have a look at a parse now and see what we can see.

I chose to compare your Dark Shaman log to my most recent one (NB: I raid 5h/wk and at the moment we don't have time for Normal farms, so my log is about a month old). Some things I noticed about your parse:

1. All your healing comes from direct heals (HW, GHW, HS) whereas mine comes from AoE (CH, HR, HST). This implies that you're not using Healing Rain, Chain Heal, or Healing Stream Totem well on this fight. HST should be easy, and if you're Glyphing Chain Heal then that should be easy too (used on cooldown). Healing Rain is more challenging to use on this fight, but I drop it whenever I can anyway.
  2. You had quite low Earth Shield uptime! 60% isn't really very good, especially when it helps you forget about those tanks. Work on that!
  3. Riptide! Especially if you have the Glyph, you should be using Riptide a lot more on a fight like this. My Riptide healing was about double yours, so I suspect I was just casting it a lot more. On this fight, it's especially good because it's instant and you move a lot.
  4. Healing Tide Totem's healing looks too low. Did you forget to pop it/overwrite?
  5. Overall I'm getting in about 34% more heals than you are over the fight. That's a lot, and is primarily because of my usage of Chain Heal and Riptide. Even so, always remember to be casting something.

Overall I think you're not doing too badly (and if you look compare out Seigecrafter parses you'll see I did a lot worse than you did on that fight) so keep going! smile.png

If you want to compare any yourself, my most recent log for the Normal mode fights is here.

Thanks! We'll have a look at a parse now and see what we can see.

I chose to compare your Dark Shaman log to my most recent one (NB: I raid 5h/wk and at the moment we don't have time for Normal farms, so my log is about a month old). Some things I noticed about your parse:

1. All your healing comes from direct heals (HW, GHW, HS) whereas mine comes from AoE (CH, HR, HST). This implies that you're not using Healing Rain, Chain Heal, or Healing Stream Totem well on this fight. HST should be easy, and if you're Glyphing Chain Heal then that should be easy too (used on cooldown). Healing Rain is more challenging to use on this fight, but I drop it whenever I can anyway.
  2. You had quite low Earth Shield uptime! 60% isn't really very good, especially when it helps you forget about those tanks. Work on that!
  3. Riptide! Especially if you have the Glyph, you should be using Riptide a lot more on a fight like this. My Riptide healing was about double yours, so I suspect I was just casting it a lot more. On this fight, it's especially good because it's instant and you move a lot.
  4. Healing Tide Totem's healing looks too low. Did you forget to pop it/overwrite?
  5. Overall I'm getting in about 34% more heals than you are over the fight. That's a lot, and is primarily because of my usage of Chain Heal and Riptide. Even so, always remember to be casting something.

Overall I think you're not doing too badly (and if you look compare out Seigecrafter parses you'll see I did a lot worse than you did on that fight) so keep going! smile.png

If you want to compare any yourself, my most recent log for the Normal mode fights is here.

On Dark Shaman we used 3 tank method, there was barely any damage going out.

On Dark Shaman we used 3 tank method, there was barely any damage going out.

o.0 On Normal?

How odd.

Either way, most of the points should still stand.

We run the three tank two healer set up for Dark Shaman too, it seems to work for us, but I find that depending on which group you're assigned to there can be a tonne of healing going out. I assume you're doing the Wavebinder group?