FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Heirlooms Scale to Level 120 in Patch 8.1.5

35534-changes-to-recruit-a-friend-xp-bon

Another quality of life improvement is coming for alts, as heirlooms will scale to level 120 in Patch 8.1.5.

Players will be able to upgrade their heirlooms for leveling to scale up to level 120 in the upcoming content update.

Update #2: Blizzard reduced the gold cost of all Heirloom upgrade tokens in the latest 8.1.5 PTR Build 29281.

Update: Both items have been added to Heirloom Curators and the price is as follows:

o9jtKCB.jpg

Both items haven't been added to Heirloom Curators, so the pricing is yet to be determined. For illustration, items that upgrade your heirlooms to scale to 110 will cost you 7,500 Gold (Weathered Heirloom Scabbard Weathered Heirloom Scabbard) and 5,000 Gold respectively (Weathered Heirloom Armor Casing Weathered Heirloom Armor Casing).

• Sad 1

at least 30k. Possibly 36k. can't remember exactly....and that might have been for 100, not 110.

5 minutes ago, Mascaron said:

Can you still use argent tournament daily currency to buy heirlooms?

Yes.  Still available from vendor at the tournament grounds.

ETA: At least the older ones she's always had are.  Not sure about new ones on PTR obv.

Edited by PatrickHenry

This is bearing in mind that 110-120 levelling isn't *that* intensive nor does it take all that long either. At most around two zones and a half worth of content, give or take, dungeon runs give a substantial chunk of xp too. Weigh the costs of getting the new heirloom cap against how quickly you want to level an alt, and if you can spare the Wakening Essence to get legendary items for them, it makes 100-115 go much more smoothly. 

I've still been running Legion missions as well for the reputation chest rewards, and until it was recently nerfed, the old Augmentation Runes which were something over 200g per stack at a vendor, so wakening might be an idea to fill that gap. 

Obviously the real game changer here is Warmode. With the 30% bonus the Alliance have, it's definitely something to consider and keep an eye on if Blizzard decides to change it or not. 

9 minutes ago, Plergoth said:

Obviously the real game changer here is Warmode. With the 30% bonus the Alliance have, it's definitely something to consider and keep an eye on if Blizzard decides to change it or not. 

Theoretically, but being hunted down by 120's all the time makes that 30 percent bonus less lucrative. Corpse runs between every quests aren't fun.

Btw heirloom upgrade tokens can be purchased for tw currency can't they?

Edited by Odi
Extended with the Tw currency section

1 hour ago, Odi said:

Theoretically, but being hunted down by 120's all the time makes that 30 percent bonus less lucrative. Corpse runs between every quests aren't fun.

Btw heirloom upgrade tokens can be purchased for tw currency can't they?

Experiences may vary, I haven't been attacked once on my Horde alt when I've had WM on, and even if I had, there's plenty of alternative quests and enough traffic around the world to keep things from turning into a corpse run every other 20 minutes. Even the weekly to kill 25 players for a piece of armour and a ton of azerite doesn't count players below 120, so there's always a good chance that if you can run most max levels will normally cut their losses and move on rather quickly. 

Yeah TW badges can be used but the price will likely be in excess of 2000, which is a... lot of Timewalking, which I would advise against if you're a collector as WoD timewalking comes with 8.1.5 with new rewards. 

I quit the game shortly before MoP came out and just returned in November. As someone who just hit BfA content a couple weeks ago, I'm sure they'll be useful to some but I can't see these being worth what they'll inevitably cost, imo.

I've gone from 110 to 114.5 in what feels like only a handful of actual play hours and I'm only halfway done with 1 zone. (Stormsong) I haven't done the first foothold quest and I've only done 2 missions on the table. I've done 2 dungeons in this timeframe. I was using the heirloom chest/shoulders until azerite pieces replaced them. Factoring in those (the exp bonuses still work past 110, no?), war mode, and rested EXP and whatever other modifiers are out there and leveling is cruising along almost too fast if you ask me.

I was following Icy's leveling guide in BFA which suggests you'll be 113 by the time you finish your first quest zone which is definitely not true at least from the Alliance standpoint. You get pretty awesome stuff from quests and if you run dungeons. I guess if you've got expendable dough or currency then by all means. Just one new newbie's opinion.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, acecow said:

Don't you still need to finish the main quest lines in each zone to unlock dailies? Or is that just for the first toon?

You're thinking of Pathfinder.  You don't have to have that achieve for WQ, only friendly with the factions and all of the footholds up and running on the other continent.  I'm exalted with all but Tortollan and haven't finished two of the three main questlines but had WQ open the moment I ding'd 120.

49 minutes ago, acecow said:

Don't you still need to finish the main quest lines in each zone to unlock dailies? Or is that just for the first toon?

On top of what Sholto said, it's ALSO only on one character that you need to hit the rep required and everything

19 hours ago, Oberyn said:

I was following Icy's leveling guide in BFA which suggests you'll be 113 by the time you finish your first quest zone which is definitely not true at least from the Alliance standpoint. You get pretty awesome stuff from quests and if you run dungeons. I guess if you've got expendable dough or currency then by all means. Just one new newbie's opinion.

What is changed is the exp per level required after the 8.1 hit, which could be why you didn't feel it to be a hassle like before.  At least they mentioned that for all levels below 111.

Though it does feel like it has been scaled down on what is required when leveling another toon to 120 now compared to back at BFA release.

And not sure about the exp bonus, previously the exp didn't go along with you if it were at capped to go to level 90 with you being 91, then it doesn't say that it turns the exp bonus off until it scales with your level once again after upgrading it. Me and my friend found out about it after I suddenly were 27% ahead on exp and we had same amount of gear on, but his legs weren't upgraded after 60 and we contacted a GM about the exp since we did some digging on forums about it. So I honestly wouldn't imagine they have fixed it since no talk about it, or at least obvious talk on it has been going on. 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:51 PM, Prophet001 said:

Anyone remember roughly how much it cost to upgrade all looms to 110? Wondering for the 120 upgrade so I know how much gold I'll need approximately.

Let's see about this, you need in total for a 'fully' geared out character with them all scaled to 110. Which makes a total of 1 helmet, 1 shoulders, 1 chest, 1 legs, 1 cloak, 1 neck, 2 rings and '2' trinkets. 1-2 weapon/shield combo.

Depending on class it would be cheaper to be using double weapons for price of one.

13700 alone for one weapon, one-handed or two-handed.

8000 for one piece of non-armor (counts off-hand and shields)

Rings are unique so that is 16000 for two, one from shipyard in Draenor and one from fishing tournament.

Neck, helmet, back, chest and legs are 40000.

Trinkets can be used twice so 8000 if you are cheap. With the new trinkets out that's another 8000 if you use them as well.

Bringing you to a total of 77700 gold for the least used full 'set'. Add 8000 if you are using an offhand or shield, 8000 more for an additional trinket.