FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Terris

Protection warrior : DPS or TANK LEGENDARY Cape ?

Hello fellow warriors,

I will have the legendary cape next week after much patience and farming, and was wondering what is the prime choice for warrior tanking?

In my uneducated opinion , the benefit from having the tank cloak effect proc is inferior to constantly having the dps proc from the DPS cape. Also, i do not intend to do HM much and will stick to NM if that counts.

What's your take on this?

Thanks !

Edited by Terris

The tank proc will save your life. The DPS one will do almost nothing. The DPS cloak proc has a 75% reduced chance to activate for tank, so you'll see it proccing way less than it woul dif you were DPSing.

Moreover, the stats are way better on the Tanking Cloak (Parry/Exp/Mastery are all good for you, whereas the Mastery on the DPS cloak is good, but the crit is okay at best, and the haste doesn't do shit for you).

Rage is mostly right. Definitely take the tank cloak. Being able to escape death once every two minutes is immense. The miniscule DPS boost of the DPS cloak isn't worthwhile at all. The crit is fine on the cape and the mastery is alright, but haste is a comepletely wasted stat, whereas the tank cloak has three awesome stats.

I am too cheap to buy both on my warrior, so on the rare occasion I raid with my warrior now I am tanking with the DPS cloak.  The tank one is certainly better, but the proc does do a reasonable amount of damage on some fights.

For example, on protectors it was 6.3% of my total damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bbpoqg8cohdwr4vw/details/8/?s=12&e=387

Like the others said though, the stats on the tanking cloak are much better.

I am too cheap to buy both on my warrior, so on the rare occasion I raid with my warrior now I am tanking with the DPS cloak.  The tank one is certainly better, but the proc does do a reasonable amount of damage on some fights.

For example, on protectors it was 6.3% of my total damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bbpoqg8cohdwr4vw/details/8/?s=12&e=387

Like the others said though, the stats on the tanking cloak are much better.

What are we talking about?  10,125 gold to buy the offspec cloak?  And I though I was cheap.  LoL