FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sumanis

Stat weight confusion..

Ok so I've always been told and read that mastery and versatility are two of our worse traits but when I sim myself it comes up as my top two stats needed.. here is latest sim Before new gear sim When I do sim for diff gems its telling me to change my crit to vers and ring enchants to Mastery and crit. So am I at a point where mastery becomes useful?

OK so after some testing with tonight's drops I'm even more confused... First sim is with Crit/haste pants.. Second sim is from Vers/mastery pants that sim tells me to use... why is the one its suggesting lower dps?
Crit/Haste Pants
Vers/Mastery pants sim

plot.PNG

Edited by Sumanis

On 2/6/2019 at 5:57 AM, Sumanis said:

OK so after some testing with tonight's drops I'm even more confused... First sim is with Crit/haste pants.. Second sim is from Vers/mastery pants that sim tells me to use... why is the one its suggesting lower dps?

The way stat weights work is for any additional point you gain, but with your pants, you are just swapping points, resulting in potentially lower DPS. Because of this nature and the fact that the weights can easily flip, stat weights will only help you to find potential upgrades. To figure out if something is actually an upgrade and how it synergizes with the rest of the gear, you will have to go for some Top Gear sims. For example, you might find a piece in a different slot with a lot of haste and crit, and suddenly your worst pants might become your best pants.