FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cowabunga

Elemental spell priority

Hi there. 

Dusting off the ele shaman for Siege of Dazar'alor I had a couple of questions about the spell priority and the interaction with spell charges (Icefury and Stormkeeper) and maelstrom.

Running with Echo of the Elements (EotE), Master of the Elements (MotE), Stormkeeper (SK) and Icefury (IF)

1) Given the best use of the MotE buff is to use it on a LB buffed by SK (even in preference to ES) I seem to run into situations where I am over-capping maelstrom in order to cast that second buffed LB.  Is it better to cast ES (buffed or unbuffed) instead of a buffed LB or LvB > LB to avoid over-capping maelstrom?

2) Given 2 charges of LvB and how often Lava Surge procs, I seem to find it hard to either cast Icefury (certainly not on cd) or cast all 4 buffed FrSs before they expire (15 sec buff duration).  This feels wrong and I suspect I am doing something wrong so is it the case that IF should be cast pretty much on cd and all the charges utilized without difficulty or is there some delay and wastage due to higher priorities?

Cheers

On 2/6/2019 at 5:25 PM, Cowabunga said:

1) Given the best use of the MotE buff is to use it on a LB buffed by SK (even in preference to ES) I seem to run into situations where I am over-capping maelstrom in order to cast that second buffed LB.  Is it better to cast ES (buffed or unbuffed) instead of a buffed LB or LvB > LB to avoid over-capping maelstrom?

The priority places Earth Shock with MotE and 60+ Maelstrom above LB, so you shouldn't be running into this issue.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:22 PM, Blainie said:

The priority places Earth Shock with MotE and 60+ Maelstrom above LB, so you shouldn't be running into this issue.

Yeah, the standard priority list with the MotE toggle selected has LB as pure filler.

Toggle on Stormkeeper as well and LB (with SK buff) comes after ES with MotE buff.  All good so far.

And yet the MotE section has the best use of the buff for ST as 1) a SK buffed LB and then 2) ES which seems to contradict the above prioirty. If it's as simple as saying some of the time you'll use the MotE buff on ES even though you have a SK charge handy then ok, it's not the best use of the buff but it's the most practical in the rotation to avoid delaying ES or capping MS.  If not, I don't get it ?

I think I may be confused by the below as it covers LB with 3 different talents.  Ignoring surge of power I read that as LB with both SK & MotE buff which leaves 1) LB with SK buff and 2) LB with MotE buff absent from the priority queue.  If it means either rather than both it gives the same issue with the MotE section as FS buffed by IF is a better use of the MotE buff than LB but it would appear above it in the priority queue.  Seeing LB buffed by SK alone and also by MotE  alone in the priority queue might unconfuse me.  Here's hoping ?

1. Cast Lightning Bolt Icon Lightning Bolt empowered by Stormkeeper Icon Stormkeeper if Surge of Power Icon Surge of Power is active, or if Master of the Elements Icon Master of the Elements is active and you are not using Surge of Power Icon Surge of Power as a talent.