FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gothu

Fury Warrior needs help

On 2/7/2019 at 11:37 AM, Gothu said:

Hi Guys,

I recently rerolled to the Fury Warrior and thus I need some help analyzing my logs, since I am not really happy with my damage.

Can somebody maybe take a look at my logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/nathrezim/tiá#difficulty=4

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/nathrezim/Tiá

Thanks in Advance,

Gothu aka Tia

Hi gothu

I'm on my mobile, so its a bit difficult to analyze youe logs. It just seems your are not casting enough and your AE-rotation seems off. At jadefire you should amostly be cleaving, but there are not enough whirlwind-casts. But to be said, there are much external/cheesing factors in this raid. This makes it hard to compare logs.

I can give you this advice: keep locking if youre pairing siegbraker with recklesness and rampagecasts, check your activity (amount of casts), have a look at enrage uptime, look if you're ragecapped somewhere, check ae-rotation, check if your execution cast are enraged. 

Downtime seems to be a huge problem on almost all of your logs. There are large portions of each fight where you basically just don't do anything. Downtime is expected to some degree, but nowhere near as much as you currently have. 

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Downtime seems to be a huge problem on almost all of your logs. There are large portions of each fight where you basically just don't do anything. Downtime is expected to some degree, but nowhere near as much as you currently have. 

Mh, can't really see this. I didn't deep analysis of his fights, but downtimes as fury seams reasonable to me:

• Champions: Downtime due to waiting till to drop of debuff
  • Grong: Walking between adds / boss (could be shortened by useing heroic leap)
  • Jadefire: Walking to targets / labyrinth (could be shortened by useing heroic leap)
  • Opulence: Walking away with laser, waiting for simultanious kill, walking away with debuff
  • Conclave: Different mechanics (bird, ae akunda, raptors, kimbuls wrath ...)
  • Rastakhan: Waling due to bad positiong of bosses
  • Mekadrill: Shrink, bomb, boss leap ... different mechanics where you automatically have downtime

This is what i meant with "external" factors what can lead to good or bad parses. Comparing logs is basically no option. Just jadefire seems a solid fight for compares. And even then, if tanks not have good positioning, there is not that much cleave-dmg in logs. This means is very difficult (at least for me) do see big mistakes. This is why i just gave some keypoints to look at. If you see any mistakes in his logs, can you tell me what you're looking at? This would help me too to get more insights in our fury-warriors log ? .

Edited by Allseye

On 2/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, Allseye said:

Mh, can't really see this. I didn't deep analysis of his fights, but downtimes as fury seams reasonable to me:

• Champions: Downtime due to waiting till to drop of debuff
  • Grong: Walking between adds / boss (could be shortened by useing heroic leap)
  • Jadefire: Walking to targets / labyrinth (could be shortened by useing heroic leap)
  • Opulence: Walking away with laser, waiting for simultanious kill, walking away with debuff
  • Conclave: Different mechanics (bird, ae akunda, raptors, kimbuls wrath ...)
  • Rastakhan: Waling due to bad positiong of bosses
  • Mekadrill: Shrink, bomb, boss leap ... different mechanics where you automatically have downtime

This is what i meant with "external" factors what can lead to good or bad parses. Comparing logs is basically no option. Just jadefire seems a solid fight for compares. And even then, if tanks not have good positioning, there is not that much cleave-dmg in logs. This means is very difficult (at least for me) do see big mistakes. This is why i just gave some keypoints to look at. If you see any mistakes in his logs, can you tell me what you're looking at? This would help me too to get more insights in our fury-warriors log ? .

Take a look at their most recent kill of Champions: they hit 81st %, with only 8% downtime. Their kill we looked at before was at 21st %, with 36.28% downtime. If you look at their cast logs, the difference is crazy. This is the Bloodthirst cast log between 58 and 73 seconds on the two logs:

image.png

image.png

The difference is huge. On their first set of logs, they had less overall uses of Bloodthirst despite having huge gaps in the rotation, despite the fight length being over 30 seconds longer. This is a recurring theme throughout his logs, where he just has huge gaps of doing nothing, despite having things off-cd.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:13 PM, Blainie said:

Take a look at their most recent kill of Champions: they hit 81st %, with only 8% downtime. Their kill we looked at before was at 21st %, with 36.28% downtime. If you look at their cast logs, the difference is crazy. This is the Bloodthirst cast log between 58 and 73 seconds on the two logs:

image.png

image.png

The difference is huge. On their first set of logs, they had less overall uses of Bloodthirst despite having huge gaps in the rotation, despite the fight length being over 30 seconds longer. This is a recurring theme throughout his logs, where he just has huge gaps of doing nothing, despite having things off-cd.

Cool, thx 4 this informations. Did you use wowanalyzer to get those downtime numbers or is there a possibility to get those out of warcraftlogs?

20 hours ago, Allseye said:

Cool, thx 4 this informations. Did you use wowanalyzer to get those downtime numbers or is there a possibility to get those out of warcraftlogs?

You can do it in WCL, but there's honestly no point at all. Run the log through WoWAnalyzer first, since it automatically gets the numbers for you, then you can already see if you need to look at the cast sequence/downtime and where they are particularly struggling. WoWA just makes things generally easier for us, since it collates all the numbers calculations into one space.

• Like 1