FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

Brewmaster in WoD

I was wondering what a brewmaster would be like in Warlords of Draenor....

With no dodge and no parry, quite a few class mechanics are going to change.

e.g. shuffle, elusive brew

I was thinking of playing brewmaster next expansion, but I guess its going to get some significant changes.....any thoughts?

Not once have they said that dodging and parrying are going away, they're just not going to be stats on gear.

"Avoidance should be cool mechanics, but not as a stat on items."

That's a direct quote from Blizzcon. I don't see brewmasters being that different next expansion from where they currently are.

Edited by Banditkid

Yea, stuff like Dodge and parry are going to be base stats you don't have to worry about other than the ability specific ones. I.e. Elusive brew, savage defence, dancing rune weapon, etc..

There are other big things that will affect Brewmasters more than the removal of Dodge/Parry on gear, which no Brewmaster ever used anyway. But they will affect most classes equally.

- No Hit or Expertise means that much of your stat budget is freed up for Crit, Mastery, Haste.

- No reforging and fewer gem slots means you need the right gear to fine-tune your build, and those who get an early start to raiding will be at an even bigger advantage than usual as they'll have more options.

- Random stat rolls mean you'll want pieces that have the damage reduction and/or bonus armor affix on them (we'll see how they actually do it in the end).