FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleete

level one or level all ?

Ok, What's the best strategy......

Concentrate on levelling one character at a time, say to 20, then pick another - once all at  20, choose 30 and so on.

Or

Keep levelling them all - for example; start the character who's the lowest, then switch when they are no longer the lowest and so on.          

Or

Just pick one and play it until you are bored, or indeed not bored!

Edited by Sleete

That depends on what you want to do with each of the classes. I'd say that it's best to focus on one class until you get it to level 10 (or 20 if you do not have any class sitting at level 20+, for Tavern Brawls), so that you can get used to the class better than if you were to switch every game, and then swap to a different class and get it to level 10. Once you have all classes to level 10, then it doesn't really matter. Since you are getting no gameplay benefits from getting classes past level 10 (excluding Tavern Brawls), you should not focus on the levels, and instead play the best deck if you want to climb, or play the most fun decks if you play for fun.

However, if your goal is to get level 60 with each class, regardless of the actual benefit (or lack thereof), my suggestion would be starting from your strongest class, and then rotating to the weaker ones. By playing your stronger classes first, you have a higher chance of getting cards for your weaker classes, making the grind with them more bearable, whereas playing weaker classes firstand getting cards for the stronger ones would not make such a difference.

By starting with your stronger classes first, you might also benefit from meta changes, as your weaker classes may become stronger ones, while your stronger ones will become the weaker ones. (Admittedly, your weaker classes could go even lower, so if you expect the meta to change unfavourably for a given class, you should try to get that class done first.)

Additionally, you will be improving your general Hearthstone skills that will help you with your weaker classes as well, making the grind more bearable.

But as I said, as getting all classes to max level does not bring your any benefit, having the best strategy is not nearly as important as having fun ?

Well they are all over lvl10 - concentrated on that already..

Having fun, seems the best strategy indeed

I might just go with one and see how I manage. Perhaps the Mage, although I have an (almost) mid-range hunter set up, just a couple of cards short..

Most example decks have you around 60-80% of what's in your collection so your having  to find replacement for 4-8 others. so it's not so  strong  a deck when you are missing  possibly important cards.

12 hours ago, Sleete said:

Ok, What's the best strategy......

Concentrate on levelling one character at a time, say to 20, then pick another - once all at  20, choose 30 and so on.

Or

Keep levelling them all - for example; start the character who's the lowest, then switch when they are no longer the lowest and so on.          

Or

Just pick one and play it until you are bored, or indeed not bored!

After having unlocked all basic cards, it becomes quickly meaningless. It isn't a rpg, after all. The nice thing will be the golden hero, but it needs a very long time, so don't think about it now. Now, just have fun and play whatever you like!

• Like 1

Fun yep seems to be the way...

.......... and don't get peed off when your dead inside of 6 turns because someone obviously spent a lot of money or been here a very very long time.

? 

I would say pick three classes you enjoy playing with most and just focus mastering your strategies on those. Personally I've gone with Priest, Hunter and Shaman - they've all been extremely strong in the meta at various times and all been very weak at other times.

I tend to stay away from classes that favour lower skill aggro strategies, which I find rather tedious to play against and easily countered with a deck containing strong defensive minion and board removal cards.

Just now, Gnasha said:

I tend to stay away from classes that favour lower skill aggro strategies

I don't know what versions of shaman and hunter you play, but the most played archetypes of these 2 classes are more aggresive then everything else, except odd paladin.

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

I don't know what versions of shaman and hunter you play, but the most played archetypes of these 2 classes are more aggresive then everything else, except odd paladin.

Various versions of Wild Deathrattle Hunter, Wild Dragon Priest and Wild Deathrattle Quest Priest, Wild Jade Shaman, Elemental & Evolve Shaman. All very good and fun decks to play with!

• Like 1

Ah, I'm probably still a ways from being able to get all the cards for most of those decks.

still that is something to aim for