FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gnasha

Your Opponent Left

Morning All,

The title to this subject says it all - one of my pet hates of Hearthstone. You've just had a blinder of a round, turned the game around and have board and card dominance - victory is all but assured. Or you've just played a fantastic defensive game, just repelled a hoard of aggro minions and your opponent has now run out of cards and run out of options.

The honourable and respectful thing for your opponent is to do is play until defeat and learn from your strategy, or at least concede and end a game that is beyond recovery.

No - your opponent just decides to exit the game and start anew because their simple strategy hasn't worked this time, thus leaving you waiting for the fuse to burn down and the inevitable 'Your Opponent Left' - after which you chant LOSER! LOSER!

Sound familiar? Bet it does. It's disrespectful, and totally unnecessary - if there were a block function, I would bar the matching system from finding these players ever again.

Blizzard need to introduce a simple time penalty for repeat offenders of this crime, barring them from joining a new game for say a minute or two. Maybe set up a name and shame wall, or even a stockade so we can throw rotten cyber tomatoes and vegetables at?

1 hour ago, Gnasha said:

Morning All,

The title to this subject says it all - one of my pet hates of Hearthstone. You've just had a blinder of a round, turned the game around and have board and card dominance - victory is all but assured. Or you've just played a fantastic defensive game, just repelled a hoard of aggro minions and your opponent has now run out of cards and run out of options.

The honourable and respectful thing for your opponent is to do is play until defeat and learn from your strategy, or at least concede and end a game that is beyond recovery.

No - your opponent just decides to exit the game and start anew because their simple strategy hasn't worked this time, thus leaving you waiting for the fuse to burn down and the inevitable 'Your Opponent Left' - after which you chant LOSER! LOSER!

Sound familiar? Bet it does. It's disrespectful, and totally unnecessary - if there were a block function, I would bar the matching system from finding these players ever again.

Blizzard need to introduce a simple time penalty for repeat offenders of this crime, barring them from joining a new game for say a minute or two. Maybe set up a name and shame wall, or even a stockade so we can throw rotten cyber tomatoes and vegetables at?

The main problem is to tell the BM from the people with bad connections.

I have ragequitted once or twice in my hearthstone career I admit it, but more and more times my connection made me left games I was going to win. If there was a penality for disconnection, I wouldn't play Hearthstone at all.

If you want to do something, punish who insult people at the end of matches. I always add who ask me friendship in the game, and it happened more then once to be heavily insulted. I always report who insult me, but I don't know what Blizzard do to this people. A little ban should be more then enough, so that only people who want to congratulate / ask the list / talk a little will add you after a game.
I say this because I hate when people who defeated me with interesting deck don't add me for fear I would insult them, while I usually just want to ask their decklist and say "gg".

• Like 1

Talking of disconnection, Played a game yesterday and I lost connection, Up came the 'trying to re-connect you' screen, and about 3/4 minutes later got an 'Unable to re-connect to your game'

then after I 'OK' that message I got...

The Winner Screen, lol I'd won the game (and my 3rd of 3 so 10 gold, lol)

Bit confused as to how except maybe the other person must have quit while I was trying to re-connect and the system took that as happening first!