FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kablewy

need some gearing help -- Akraen see #1

Hello everyone, I have been lurking for some time appreciative of the information and have used it to improve my game experience. I like to blow things up so anything that increases that makes me happy.

Anyhow, as a returning player I have used simcraft and Mr. Robot to help make sure I am as efficient as possible. That gear is reforged and have all the enchants and without Mr. Robot I would of missed a few.  Here is my link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/kablewy/simple

1. I have gone over Akraen's guide and am not to the ILVL 540 yet, but was looking at BIS trinket. I just figured out that one is Purified Bindings of Immerseus. What is the other one? Also, what is the name of the icon to right of frost armor? This might help others by putting the name by the icons.

2. Currently using frost bomb and know I should be using living bomb, but not sure of the correct rotation. I have the addon that tracks the 3, but still not sure if I should be tabbing through mobs to get to next one that doesn't have it while waiting for one to explode or refreshing it on last tick

3. AOE damage -- for instance, sha of pride - should I be staying on boss while doing normal rotation saving frozen orb for adds? or putting down flamestrike and doing arcane explosion,... confused as well if during the frozen orb if I should stop and use the procs or continue arcane explosion...just trying to get the proper sense here

4...  I have not done any flex raids as of yet. Could you look over my gear and tell me if there are any holes that need to be fixed? At the time of this posting the purified bindings just dropped for me =)

Thanks for any help,

Kablewy - Greymane

Hello everyone, I have been lurking for some time appreciative of the information and have used it to improve my game experience. I like to blow things up so anything that increases that makes me happy.

Anyhow, as a returning player I have used simcraft and Mr. Robot to help make sure I am as efficient as possible. That gear is reforged and have all the enchants and without Mr. Robot I would of missed a few.  Here is my link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/kablewy/simple

1. I have gone over Akraen's guide and am not to the ILVL 540 yet, but was looking at BIS trinket. I just figured out that one is Purified Bindings of Immerseus. What is the other one? Also, what is the name of the icon to right of frost armor? This might help others by putting the name by the icons.

Hi Kablewy. I'll help you under one condition. Since you're on Greymane I want you to whisper Esoth repeatedly these exact words: "Master Akraen guide us, Master Akraen protect us."

Yes, Purified Bindings is the best. KTT (Kardris' Toxic Totem) is the second best, and it drops off Kor'kron Dark Shaman. Black Blood of Y'shaarj is relatively equal to KTT, with the edge to KTT unless you can do some crazy snapshots. At your gear level I'd try to BBoY because I'd want the haste, but it doesn't matter-- get whichever you can. Yu'lon's Bite is awful, even though it's 543, I'd get rid of that first.

The icon to the right of frost armor is a hunter's sporebat haste buff, simply referring to the 5% raid haste you get. There are too many permutations for math calculations, so I assume full raid buffs.

2. Currently using frost bomb and know I should be using living bomb, but not sure of the correct rotation. I have the addon that tracks the 3, but still not sure if I should be tabbing through mobs to get to next one that doesn't have it while waiting for one to explode or refreshing it on last tick

This is pretty important. Put Living Bomb on up to 3 targets (always maximize it), then within the last second or so, refresh it. It will still explode.

Once you're comfortable with that, move on to what's called 'snapshotting' - just wait for a trinket to proc, or your meta gem, or lightweave-- or any combination thereof. Once you have procs up, refresh your Living Bomb or Nether Tempest on your targets for a lot of extra damage.

3. AOE damage -- for instance, sha of pride - should I be staying on boss while doing normal rotation saving frozen orb for adds? or putting down flamestrike and doing arcane explosion,... confused as well if during the frozen orb if I should stop and use the procs or continue arcane explosion...just trying to get the proper sense here

This mostly depends on your guild, how many warlocks are shadowburn padding, etc. I like to toss the orb into the reflections, spam ice lances, maybe put Nether Tempest on some of them... it's no pressure. As a frost mage there's no reason to use Arcane Explosion unless you have to move and have nothing else to press. You're better served by putting Nether Tempest on each target and burning procs.

Never ignore your procs. When you get FoF x 2, particularly from a frozen orb or blizzard, use one charge. If you have a proc/buff up, use both.

Prioritize FoFx2 > Brain Freeze > FoFx1

4...  I have not done any flex raids as of yet. Could you look over my gear and tell me if there are any holes that need to be fixed? At the time of this posting the purified bindings just dropped for me =)

Thanks for any help,

Kablewy - Greymane

You look good to me apart from talents. I love Frost Bomb but I really think you will get better results and feel like a better contributor to the raid's success if you switch to Living or Nether Tempest though. Presence of Mind is awful for frost, most of our stuff is instant-- get blazing speed or ice floes (I prefer BS). Also Temporal Shield and Greater Invis will serve you better on every fight in SoO.

Good luck - you'll be fine tongue.png

• Like 1