FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoN Star Pact Wizard

22 hours ago, Guest Sheri said:

Why swamp land waders for a Witch Doctor?

Best for all LoN builds that are not primary skill focused for damage (Depth Diggers). There is no other good pants and these give 15-20% elemental dmg. So better than nothing in other words, and the other pants are nothing. Easy for other intelligence classes, as opposed to the rest which need a perfectly rolled one, to find a suitable one in which only one thing, intelligence, needs to be re rolled. 

It's why I'm so happy I figured out a good T 13 money/ gem/ db haunt witch doctor build. I can farm for these at the same time for my other classes, while farming money and gems and DB's doing regular rifts, bounties and puzzle rings. Since the WD can also get cindercoats and aquilla cuirass', two other LoN staples, I'm quite set to not waste any farming, gear and supplies time now. Can get all the potential basically maximised in one build. 

Edited by Knutsanity

So I'm curious about the Vyr set now. The set bonuses are really good I'm suspecting. I've prepared a VyR Meteor archon star pact build. Considering the the stack bonuses difference, and that every hit, instead of every kill adds a stack, and the all runes.... I'm assuming it is way better to stack higher at higher levels, and that the stacks are worth a lot more. 

It may be a mute point with the 9750% dmg bonus of LoN. Lets say you get to around 100 stacks, so 50 plus kills in archon, in LoN, that's 600% dmg boost. Starting with 300% dmg or so, and with a powerful skill in LoN I guess that's possible. (does it count the whole team's kills?) So almost 10K% dmg X 6 = 58,500% dmg boost.

If you got to 200 stacks in Vyr (kills and hits combined?, can hit alot channelling with attack speed and doing the cooldown blast every 2 or 3 seconds.), That's 20,000% dmg, 200% armour, 200% ATTSP, 200%Res, 30% dmg reduction. Doesn't quite compare, but could fit in the focus restraint rings for more than double damage and CoE, or Endless walk and CoE or HoK. Or Hok and CoE. To me Halo of Karini is always a must with a wizard. Attack speed isn't the ticket for this build, it's not much extra dmg, maybe more star pacts quicker though. Just obviously 200% att sp is not 3X dmg like it is with a thorns invoker build. The toughness is massive though. 

I want to get my LoN meteor shower wizard to GR 100, almost there, 98 with 2 mins to spare in co op now. Just because I kind of made it myself and it's my best one, haven't done a 100 yet with anyone, so I want it to be that build. But It's clear to me it will max out around 104, 105. Even after a bunch of Caldessans and another couple hundred paragon. So I know I want to switch it eventually. Just wondering the thoughts on a Vyr's Star pact, imagine I must be wrong somewhere or it would've been done pre LoN Buff. 

Here's my build idea.... I have an LoN idea too just like your build here but with more defence since I'm on hardcore and scared straight. Galvanising wizard, blood bracers, HoK. Please let me know which build you think would be better for me. 

https://www.d3planner.com/484126298  LoN, can't get the skill priority right, but you get the idea. Isn't much channelling in this build except for a couple seconds after calling in the star pact. Otherwise primaries to fill back up asap, and proc arcane dynamo. So no taeguk. I prefer the better arcane archon, even though I know I should choose the cooldown lightning one. It'll help get the stacks up higher, and I'll get used to running for my life without swami or archon. May switch Bane ot Powerful with gem of swiftness, and a couple rolls to help cooldown more. But I have the incredible shield to keep an eye on, no need to back off till it's gone.

Or 
https://www.d3planner.com/425278551  Vyr's, I went with HoK CoE and RorG. RorG is a must, CoE suits the burst dmg of the build, and HoK is a must for me. So no endless walk, I also have a mean Hellfire amulet, it's the one in there. So I think it won't compare to LoN, but I'm not sure. The all runes means the extra dmg and cooldown. Easier to stay in archon or swami the entire time and still get the dmg boosts in archon. Lacks some awesome leg abilities of the LoN one, but nothing too crazy.  I think it might be comparable and would like to know your guys' opinions. Just the way better stacks isn't comparable to LoN, but considering you get one for every hit instead of just kill, at high levels and high attack speed, it sounds good. But I may be missing something, or someone would've come up with this build as a top one. Maybe the swami reverts back to normal archon stack bonuses without the vyr added bonuses? Or do I have this whole idea of archon stacks wrong? As far as I can tell you get a stack for killing in LoN or anything else, but in Vyr's you get a stack per hit, and per kill as well? 

It's too much math with too many variables. But as someone who just doesn't want to die on hardcore, I wonder if it's very comparable for me, since I have no room for CoE in LoN. I feel like I may get stuck at 50 stacks in LoN not killing anything, and may get to 200 plus stacks with vyr, making up for the LoN dmg difference. Especially considering the extra room for CoE. But it's been a while since I used archon and have never used vyr's. I remember by the end it was way too powerful, funny even, but at higher levels nothing is way too powerful. Do you guys get stuck at 50 stacks at high levels with LoN star pact? I also suppose it's possible Vyr's in general isn't very viable at high levels. You'd need a tonne of stacks to catch up to LoN. 

LoN 9750% + 50 stacks of 6% so 300%. 9750 X 3 = 29,250% dmg
Vyr's starts at 50 stacks X 100% so 5,000. Need 300 stacks to reach 30,000% dmg  in 20 seconds that's a lot. Even with the attack speed bonuses, and even if it counts both hits, even multiple enemies hit at once counting as multiple stacks, and kills added on top, that's still a lot. But I'm not sure about those things which are everything, and if it comes close it is easier to gain the dmg and cooldown runes, teleport, slow time and the explosion are just icing on the cake. 

I can test myself in a couple weeks or so, but any advice or feedback would be great. I know I have to change it up for progression from my meteor shower channelling tank wizard either way. At this point it feels like co op GR 110 is a thousand paragon and a whole new maxed out cycle of caldessans away. Somehow changing blur to 30% dmg far away, and esoteric to zei's added very little extra oomph to my build. And yeah I stayed far away. 2 trillion crits turned into 3, should be 4. 100X 1.3 = 130... 130X 1.6 = 208. so 2 trill should be 4 or close too. Staying 30-50 yards away. That only shaved off a minute and a half or two on average as well. In co op so my progression is only half of ours, but frustrating that that didn't improve us more. 

• Sad 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:22 PM, Knutsanity said:

Best for all LoN builds that are not primary skill focused for damage (Depth Diggers). There is no other good pants and these give 15-20% elemental dmg. So better than nothing in other words, and the other pants are nothing. Easy for other intelligence classes, as opposed to the rest which need a perfectly rolled one, to find a suitable one in which only one thing, intelligence, needs to be re rolled. 

You could also roll these on a WD alt, then reforge them on another class for strength/dex rolls.

can someone explain me why parthan defenders if there isn't a single skill with stun? I've tried this build today and I should say I die like a moth, paragon 800+ in normal GR!! Even with my delsere set I don't die with a single hit, like I do with this one....

On 3/16/2019 at 7:22 PM, Knutsanity said:

It's why I'm so happy I figured out a good T 13 money/ gem/ db haunt witch doctor build. I can farm for these at the same time for my other classes, while farming money and gems and DB's doing regular rifts, bounties and puzzle rings. Since the WD can also get cindercoats and aquilla cuirass', two other LoN staples, I'm quite set to not waste any farming, gear and supplies time now. Can get all the potential basically maximised in one build. 

that's not true... you still have this option https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/pox-faulds-Unique_Pants_007_p2 which is the very best for this build, instead of wearing something that won't give u any useful skills, since ur not a WD

Those are alright I guess, they do give you "something". But after torment 13 it's more than close enough to nothing. Where as the 15-20% elemental damage is huge. Bigger the less elemental damage you have room for. But even if you already have 80% on an incredibly optimised fire dmg LoN build, for arguments sake, and that extra 20% dmg is really not worth anywhere that 20% anymore, it's still worth a lot more than the Pox Faulds.
1 mil becomes 1.2 mil with an initial 20%, or 1.8 mill with 80%. An intial 15% skill dmg would be worth more to that than an additional 20% elemental. As it would multiply after 1.8 mil and not just add another .2 mil. Bringing the total to 2 mil, up only 11% or so from 1.8 Mil. Where as the initial skill dmg of 15% is actually bigger and brings the total to 2.07 Mil. Only so much room on the gear, and best to spread different dmg multipliers around a bit. Even still, those Witch doctor pants give you 5 primary rolls that any class can work with. And while they would be an absolute pain to farm for for non intelligence classes, they are also still preferable should you get lucky and find a suitable pair for any class.

Probably by T 10 or so those Pox Faulds become  almost unnoticeable. Even with an outrageous amount of elemental dmg already on the build, better for every LoN build that isn't primary focused for dmg.  My guess would be after torment 6 even. Nevermind GR 100 and up. But a second opinion would probably be best, I could be missing something. Weapon dmg could have a lot to do with Pox Paulds being better than I thought. Should you maximise base weapon dmg rolls on your offhand, amulet, rings and weapon maybe they stay much more relevant. 

Guest Darkreigns

Is it possible to split the group build and the solo build into 2 different  sections similar to how the necromancer command skeleton build is done. It is really hard to figure out what should an shouldn't be used in a group build of it.

Guest Mord

22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.

NB Page 2 makes reference to a skill (Black Hole) that is no longer in the build.

Guest Kiara

Hi all, I have a few questions re this build:

1) How do you make sure you dont die after using Metheor, if the primary resource goes empty and you then lose the bonus of Acquila Cuirass? What's the best way/rotation to play this build?

2) I have made the following changes - would you recommend them?

- Nemesis instead of Parthan Defenders (I dont stun enemies a lot, so dont see the point of having Partha, unless there is a specific reason to have them??)

- An hellfire amulet instead of Flavor of Time, so I get another passive skill.

- Paux Faulds instead of Swamp Waders pants, unless there is a specific reason to have Swamp??

3) Also, how do you increase the damage & resistance of this build to progress to higher greater rifs?? I mean, I still need to find all my Ancient Legendary items so that LoD stone will duble the bonus, but after having all Ancients, how do we grow this build???

Thanks all! K.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:57 PM, Guest Kiara said:

Hi all, I have a few questions re this build:

(...)

Hey there! Please note that there's a reason the build is no longer in the Wizard build menu - it's been nerfed very heavily by Blizzard a few patches ago. I could try giving you some pointers to alter the playstyle and emerge with something relatively viable, but I strongly, strongly recommend you shift to a more up-to-date build, according to our guides and rankings! We've simply left the pages of the LoD Star Pact for the sake of posterity.