FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleete

Year of the Dragon Questions Questions

Hi, 

I see from the releases that Ungoro, Frozen and Kobolds Are Moving to Wild with Year of the Dragon

What does that mean to any of those cards that I hold ? - is it just I can't use any in standard play ? 

and if I am, do I just lose that card from that deck ?

What about Solo Games - I am going though Frozen Citadel now (trying to kill Professor Putricide without much luck right now) 

is that (and the others) still going to be available - or do I have just this month to complete it. ?

Thanks.

You can't use a deck that has wild-cards in it for standard play.

Even if there is just 1 wild-card the deck won't be avaiable for standard play.

Solo games are not affected, you can play anything forever. (Well, as long as the servers are online...)
If it is a solo mode where you can make your own deck out of your card collection you can still use any cards. It's like wild mode.

19 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

You can't use a deck that has wild-cards in it for standard play.

Even if there is just 1 wild-card the deck won't be avaiable for standard play.

Ah, so as I don't really know the cards yet, I assume if I have a deck with - what will then be a wild card in it - In April It will show up like an incomplete deck, with a Red Cross on it, and that card missing.

22 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Solo games are not affected, you can play anything forever. (Well, as long as the servers are online...)
If it is a solo mode where you can make your own deck out of your card collection you can still use any cards. It's like wild mode.

That's good to know

Thanks you WedgeAntilles

14 hours ago, Sleete said:

Ah, so as I don't really know the cards yet, I assume if I have a deck with - what will then be a wild card in it - In April It will show up like an incomplete deck, with a Red Cross on it, and that card missing. 

No, because Wild is actually a game mode (one much better then standard, if you listen to me!). Wild decks have a root above them, and if you are playing standard, wild deck will not be highlighted, and a voice will tell you that deck can only be used for wild game. If you change gamemode that deck will be avaiable again.

However, I suggest you not to disenchant wild cards when the rotation will come. Yes you'd get a bost on dust, but you'll miss the oportunity to play wild when you'll get bored of standard. I think that wild is a better gamemode and the true hearthstone, and knowing how stale can become standard meta, I think that when you'll own enough cards/dust, you'll give wild a try. It's less expensive than people thinks, and more fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

No, because Wild is actually a game mode (one much better then standard, if you listen to me!). Wild decks have a root above them, and if you are playing standard, wild deck will not be highlighted, and a voice will tell you that deck can only be used for wild game. If you change gamemode that deck will be avaiable again.

Ah, so in effect it becomes a wild deck if I do have one of those cards in it (I know have have some ungoro etc, not sure which are which though).

However, I suggest you not to disenchant wild cards when the rotation will come.

I did not intend to, Only Disenchant extras or golden (if I have the 2 normal).

I think that wild is a better gamemode and the true hearthstone, and knowing how stale can become standard meta, I think that when you'll own enough cards/dust, you'll give wild a try. It's less expensive than people thinks, and more fun.

I'm sure I will do wild, need to cut my teeth on standard first methinks, to get that grounding and the basics

Thanks Synesthesy

• Like 1