Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd

Recommended Posts

33622-world-of-warcraft-ban-wave-oct-13.

Players recently abused a bug related to the Draught of Ten Lands Draught of Ten Lands potion. Separating the potion into multiple stacks resulted in more Draught of Ten Lands Draught of Ten Lands applications than intended. Everyone who exploited the bug have had their account suspended.

Draught of Ten Lands Draught of Ten Lands was added in Patch 8.1. The elixir can be purchased for 5 Warfront Service Medals from Warfront vendors. Splitting the elixir into individual stacks caused players to receive multiple 10% Draught of Ten Lands Draught of Ten Lands applications and abnormal Experience gains.

WeB0cWf.jpg

Fun fact, the ban wave comes just in time for the Welcome Back Weekend which lasts through March 24. We're still waiting on Blizzard for an official statement regarding the ban wave. The suspensions are somewhat inconsistent according to Reddit, ranging from 7 days up to 1 month.

(Source)

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys, so ehm - we got you a potion ingame that has btw no indication on how much time you have left b4 it expires because who needs that anyways. it will let you earn more exp on your character and give you a very minor statt boost ( atleast on higher levels)

but be carefull - even tho we give you the option to use it multiple times instead of just restricting it to one active instance per character - dont use it or we will ban you for using in item the way it works

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nxc said:

dont use it or we will ban you for using in item the way it works

Well, it was obviously not intended to work that way and was prob an oversight or mistake from the devs. Its not a permanent ban and anyone that actually thought the potion was intended to work like this is an idiot and deserves the ban. I was not affected since I know common sense and refrained from using it to lvl my alts that are in desperate need of some leveling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree - anyone with some common sense would realize, it is not supposed to work that way. Adding to that, you had to split potions into separate stacks to get the effect, which is rather inconvenient - you don't do that by accident. I do agree, the missing duration on the potion sucks. When I applied it for the first time I was like wtf, that thing lasts forever? Then the buff disappeared all of a sudden. I never thought of stacking the pot though. So bans for people using this isn't unexpected.

The Bans however seem to be pretty damn random if what people over at Reddit post is true (1 Month for 1 Character from 114 to 120 vs. one week for 3 characters from 110 to 120 as one example). IT will be interesting to see, what the streamers get. I think some guy from Method was streaming leveling his DH with like a gazillion pots (I'll edit in, if I find him).

IMO would have been better to roll characters back, but I think that is a hell of a lot of work. Someone on Reddit suggested rolling them back to 1 or 20 respectively. That would be nasty 🙂

Edit: Apparently it was MethodJosh and he was stacking 72 potions, getting him from 110 to 120 in one single freehold run.

Edited by Evincare
More Info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evincare said:

Agree - anyone with some common sense would realize, it is not supposed to work that way. I do agree, the missing duration on the potion sucks. When I applied it for the first time I was like wtf, that thing lasts forever? Then the buff disappeared all of a sudden. I never thought of stacking the pot though. So bans for people using this isn't unexpected.

 

The Bans however seem to be pretty damn random if what people over at Reddit post is true (1 Month for 1 Character from 114 to 120 vs. one week for 3 characters from 110 to 120 as one example). IT will be interesting to see, what the streamers get. I think some guy from Method was streaming leveling his DH with like a gazillion pots (I'll edit in, if I find him).

 

IMO would have been better to roll characters back, but I think that is a hell of a lot of work. Someone on Reddit suggested rolling them back to 1 or 20 respectively. That would be nasty 🙂

 

 

That 114-120 character with 1 months was me.

Yes, I agree I got suspended.

No, I don't agree with the length of it - at least compared to others.

It is my first offense since i've started playing (day 2 WoW EU launch), never had any issues, reports or anything else. If I compare this to other that have claimed to exploited multiple times before and much more this time with 2-7 days bans - it feels like I'm punished unfairly. 

Would like to get a statement from Blizzard on this, but I guess we'll never get that.

Preach got banned for 31 days as well (multiple characters I've heard), Josh from Method got banned as well - no clarity on his duration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't understand anyone defending this, I heard about it as it was happening and I seriously considered doing it, but I instantly knew it was an exploit, anyone with an ounce of common sense knew it was an exploit, so I didn't do it. Levelling sucks, I know this, you know this, everyone knows this including Blizzard which is why they sell boosts, but come-on, you had to know this was dodgy AF.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's mostly without further consequences as it is not yet clear, if Blizz will roll toons back - however: All suspended folks will miss the first weekend of the MDI and those with the longest suspensions will miss the first few days of the crucible raid. Now with Josh suspended - he seems really secretive about the duration - method is in an interesting position. Or he could just level another toon and gear that one, as suspensions are bound to the account not the player afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same ole story they all knew the were exploiting a bug when they had to seperate the potions to get the effects to stack   especially people that have been playing as long as these people have been.  im a noob that started in legion and even i knew it was an exploit 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard of the bug but never really wanted to waste my badges on the potions.   So I just kept with the Heirloom gear and trudge along on an alt through mundane leveling via map quests or old content dungeons.  But if Blizzard would adjust the potion by removing the 10 stat boost and make it a flat 10% exp gain and allowing players to stack the potion for the duration for up to 5 hrs then I might be compliant to purchase a few.

Something similar to GW2 Metabolic or Utility Primers when it comes to using Food/Utility Buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 3:46 PM, Hoods said:

Well, it was obviously not intended to work that way and was prob an oversight or mistake from the devs. Its not a permanent ban and anyone that actually thought the potion was intended to work like this is an idiot and deserves the ban. I was not affected since I know common sense and refrained from using it to lvl my alts that are in desperate need of some leveling.

Translation : I am angry that others were more clever than me and figured out a higher potentional of the item therefore I am glad they got banned  cause nobody can be superior than me

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kurosu said:

Translation : I am angry that others were more clever than me and figured out a higher potentional of the item therefore I am glad they got banned  cause nobody can be superior than me

Let me guess, you´re one of the so called "Clever" people that thought it was a good idea to exploit?
Hope you´re happy with a early Heritage Armor set or your new "Flavour of the Month" class. If you even can play it right now since you´re either banned for a while or was lucky enough to avoid one.

The exploit was up for 2 days be4 Blizz did respond to the issue so ALOT of people had time to level several characters to max, the question of Rerolling characters back to their original level before the exploit was fixed is still in the air.  And as I said in my earlier comment, people that got banned deserves the ban, mostly for being dumbasses and thinking Blizzard would do nothing.

I really thought about leveling my other characters since im bored out of my mind with MW Monk, heard about the "broken way to level!" thing, looked it up and immediately saw it as an exploit. You legit have to divide the potions into multiple stacks in the bag and use them that way and thats just intentionally exploiting or "cheating" the item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder.

Back in the times, when I played WoW, such bugs resulted in massive price decrease and flood in the market. If I knew about the bug, didn't use it myself, but aggressively purchased underpriced goods, and then after expected fix, slowly filling them to market, would it be exploit?

I don't even have idea, how much does it cost, or what it does. Just asking out of curiosity.

Edited by Ptasznikt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, Hoods said:

I really thought about leveling my other characters since im bored out of my mind with MW Monk, heard about the "broken way to level!" thing, looked it up and immediately saw it as an exploit. You legit have to divide the potions into multiple stacks in the bag and use them that way and thats just intentionally exploiting or "cheating" the item.

Just wait for the next TW event - it's about as broken 🙂  XP in those dungeons is insane. I levelled my DH from 110 to 113 in about 6 dungeons - that's without Heirlooms. It takes about 10-20 minutes per dungeon depending on group and the dungeon itself ofc. WotlK was great though. The dungeons are usually faceroll plus you might get some nice pieces because maxlvl Toons outgear TW instances pretty quickly. Even geared toons do the instances for the quest to get the raidloot however. Getting some 365 pieces to jumpstart gearing when you hit 120 is certainly nice.

I don't know if this is intended though as it seems the completion bonus for one TW instance was a lot. For now, however, I haven't found any information in that regard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am one of those guys that got banned as well. I recieved a 31-day  ban for just 15 levels on 1 single character, ( 102 - 117 ), while others got a way smaller ban ( 2-7 days ) for a much bigger abuse of that bug. Its like convicting a kid that stole candy from a supermarket with a mass murderer/rapist with the same sentence. All these days i have been reading various forums with countless guys claiming that these bans are entirely random. Blizzard's judgment contairs a feeling of pure unfairness regarding punishments. I mean yes it was a well deserved ban but at least evalute the punishment/crime ratio equally. You cant simply put me on the same train with Preach for example. The guy got 10 chars from 1/20-120 while i got 15 levels on 1 single character. I m playing the game since 2006 and vanilla wow with no past penalties at all. A 31day ban for such a small abuse (15 levels) without any previous black spots in my profile is just too much.

Edited by Enzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Enzo said:

I am one of those guys that got banned as well. I recieved a 31-day  ban for just 15 levels on 1 single character, ( 102 - 117 ), while others got a way smaller ban ( 2-7 days ) for a much bigger abuse of that bug. Its like convicting a kid that stole candy from a supermarket with a mass murderer/rapist with the same sentence. All these days i have been reading various forums with countless guys claiming that these bans are entirely random. Blizzard's judgment contairs a feeling of pure unfairness regarding punishments. I mean yes it was a well deserved ban but at least evalute the punishment/crime ratio equally. You cant simply put me on the same train with Preach for example. The guy got 10 chars from 1/20-120 while i got 15 levels on 1 single character. I m playing the game since 2006 and vanilla wow with no past penalties at all. A 31day ban for such a small abuse (15 levels) without any previous black spots in my profile is just too much.

Well the odd thing about this whole ordeal is Blizz never really released a blue post asking players not to perform the bug and they were aware of the exploit.  Like they have in the past when players were exploiting the World Quests/World Bosses for multiple loot when BFA was still freshly new from launch.  Nor did they fix the potion to give players an idea of the timer that is left on the consumable once used.  I can see 2-7 days bans being legit but the 31 day bans are a bit tad overboard.  I think I've seen worse offenses in other MMOS where players only received 23-48 hrs for bot program usage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree with the fact that "if you knew it was a bug then you are in the wrong". I also feel that punishing players for something you slipped into the game by accident is a little petty and retarded. I mean that's almost like giving my 3 year old niece a  broken glass vase and then coming back the next day and scold/ground her for breaking the vase. And how is it an inconvenience to level quicker if you can just buy a flat out boost. Money making scheme boyos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Enzo said:

I recieved a 31-day  ban for just 15 levels on 1 single character, ( 102 - 117 ), while others got a way smaller ban ( 2-7 days ) for a much bigger abuse of that bug.

Your ban got titanforged, gratz to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, Hoods said:

Let me guess, you´re one of the so called "Clever" people that thought it was a good idea to exploit?
Hope you´re happy with a early Heritage Armor set or your new "Flavour of the Month" class. If you even can play it right now since you´re either banned for a while or was lucky enough to avoid one.

The exploit was up for 2 days be4 Blizz did respond to the issue so ALOT of people had time to level several characters to max, the question of Rerolling characters back to their original level before the exploit was fixed is still in the air.  And as I said in my earlier comment, people that got banned deserves the ban, mostly for being dumbasses and thinking Blizzard would do nothing.

I really thought about leveling my other characters since im bored out of my mind with MW Monk, heard about the "broken way to level!" thing, looked it up and immediately saw it as an exploit. You legit have to divide the potions into multiple stacks in the bag and use them that way and thats just intentionally exploiting or "cheating" the item.

I am not even playing anymore. But interesting of you to jump to assumptions when lacking arguments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Patch 8.2 Tailoring changes guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Patch 8.2 Leatherworking changes guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Patch 8.2 Inscription changes guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Patch 8.2 Jewelcrafting changes guide.
    • By Stan
      To unlock flying in Patch 8.2, you must reach Revered with Rustbolt Resistance, and Waveblade Ankoan (Alliance) or The Unshackled (Horde). On top of that, you must earn Pathfinder, Part One, and explore Mechagon and Nazjatar.
      Flying Requirements in Battle for Azeroth Patch 8.2
      The criteria to unlock flying in Rise of Azshara (Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part Two) are as follows:
      Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part One Revered with Rustbolt Resistance (New 8.2 Mechagon faction) Alliance: Revered with Ankoan (New 8.2 Nazjatar faction) // Horde: Revered with Unshackled (New 8.2 Nazjatar faction) Explore Mechagon Explore Nazjatar On top of that, you'll receive the Wonderwing 2.0 mechanical parrot mount. You can find more details about it here.
      According to Game Director Ion Hazzikostas it's going to take a couple of weeks to unlock flying in Patch 8.2.
      Blizzard (Source)
      You’ve fought on the shores of Kul Tiras, explored the far corners of Zandalar, and faced the enemy at every turn. You survived the Battle of Dazar’alor, and aided Magni Bronzebeard in his critical quest to save Azeroth from her grievous wound. Soon, your journey will take you into the depths of Nazjatar and the wonders of Mechagon, where even more dangers await—but you don’t have to face them all from ground level. Once you complete the account-wide achievement Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part 2, you’ll be able to take to the skies . . . and earn a brand-new mechanical mount in the process!
      To earn your wings in Battle for Azeroth, you’ll need to:
      Reach Revered with the following factions: The Rustbolt Resistance and either the Unshackled (Horde) or Waveblade Ankoan (Alliance) Earn the achievement Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part 1 (progress is account-wide) Explore Nazjatar: Ashen Strand, Azsh’ari Terrace, Coral Forest, Deepcoil Tunnels, Dragon’s Teeth Basin, The Drowned Market, Elun’alor Temple, The Empress’s Approach, Gate of the Queen, The Hanging Reef, Kal’methi, Shirakess Repository, Spears of Azshara, Zanj’ir Terrace, Zanj’ir Wash, Zin-Azshari Explore Mechagon: Rustbolt, Sparkweaver Point, Junkwatt Depot, The Heaps, Scrapbone Den, Western Spray, The Outflow, The Fleeting Forest Completing Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part 2 will allow you to fly in Kul Tiras and Zandalar, as well as the new zones of Nazjatar and Mechagon—plus the new Wonderwing 2.0 mechanical parrot mount.
      The wild blue yonder awaits!
×
×
  • Create New...