FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Crogoth

Protection Warrior Weapon help

This evening, I received Hellscream's Doomblade on our Garrosh kill.  I have previously been using Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian as my tank weapon.

I am unsure which item would be better.  Does the increased Strength and weapon damage on the Heroic Xifeng outweigh the extra gem slot on the heirloom weapon?  I value avoidance stats on my protection warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Crogoth/advanced .  I am leaning towards the Heroic Xifeng.

Any input would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Since the Doomblade can't be upgraded, I'd say the increased stats on a 2/2 heroic Xifeng easily outweight the extra gemslot.

Edit:

A 2/2 heroic Xifeng has

+1004 Str

+1627 Sta

+736 Hit

+594 Mastery

That's 203 (-60 for the better setbonus on Doomblade) more strength, 186 more stamina, 112 more Mastery and 129 more hit/expertise than the Doomblade that can be reforged if you're over the cap.

Now I don't know exactly how much you value your avoidance, but I think I'd prefer those stats over any gem. But prot is my OS, so some actually knowledgable others may have something to say about this :D

Edited by Funq

Taking into account gems & reforges, you should be able to get around 800 dodge/parry on the Doomblade vs around 600 on the heroic Xifeng. I think the better weapon damage and better stats all-around on Xifeng will outweigh the loss of 200 points of avoidance.

Ragebarr said it well for what you have, but try to get the mace from Immerseus or the axe from Dark Shaman.