FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

14k haste at my ilvl

hi guys

my armoury is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

as the topic says , i got the normal shoulders tonight and had the headpiece in my bags for a couple of week , so would like to know .........can it be done !

thanks in advance

nalar

p.s its blunt my question but its short and sweet, and im bored of destro atm.

I am so confused as to what your question is.  Are you referring to haste rating?

mmm , maybe i didnt get the question 'out there' clearer,

ive been reading about locks going demo and going 14k haste rating so theyre not fury starved and was wondering if it could be viable for me to go 14k haste rating at my ilvl. and the equipment i have got.

hope that helps,

Nalar

Count the gem sockets you have.

Use reforgelite to give you the max haste.

Gem sockets*320+reforge haste=max amount of haste you can get +/- a few 100 with enchants.

Also, 14k is low imo. When I was messing with haste and demo I was going for max haste. For me that was about 17k. I still wanted more though.

In your current gear no because you'd have to sacrafice far to much mastery by regemming. But with some changes in your gear plus BBOY I can't see why not. I was just under 11k without the trinket before I switched out a lot of peices for crit.

i do have the flex version of BBOY so could change that from PBI,

but im hugely getting bored with destro, and dont have the patience with affliction lol

but could turn to affliction if i could get used tot he rotation

Wouldn't switching out all his gems make him a one trick pony as he wouldn't be able to play destro or Afflic as easily?

Yes. But if you're playing demo then you shouldn't care about min/maxing anyways since you're playing demo...and demo just can't keep up. It's good, it's fair in high gear, but you won't beat a destro of the same gear/skill.

I updated the thread title to reflect what this thread is about.  (haste instead of demo)

I did try it for a short while yesterday and thought it was awesome,

But I lost a lot of mastery unfortunately , I haven't decided fully whether to try demo as my main spec.

But just so I don't keep spamming this thread until the cows come home,

For all demo locks out there what would you say I need extra on my gear or what ilvl do you say I could try again.?.

Also I have flex of BBoY should I use that instead of using LFR PBI.

I'm sorta a traditionalist and as you see I would like to go back to demo ASAP .

Nalar.

I did try it for a short while yesterday and thought it was awesome,

But I lost a lot of mastery unfortunately , I haven't decided fully whether to try demo as my main spec.

But just so I don't keep spamming this thread until the cows come home,

For all demo locks out there what would you say I need extra on my gear or what ilvl do you say I could try again.?.

Also I have flex of BBoY should I use that instead of using LFR PBI.

I'm sorta a traditionalist and as you see I would like to go back to demo ASAP .

Nalar.

You should be using PBI at all times no matter what.

When to try demo depends on what you want from your warlock, if you want to do the most DPS you can do then demo will never be your spec, it simply cannot beat destro right now. If you goal is to have fun with your warlock and still do solid damage then you should (if played right) be able to use demo at around 570+ ilvl and still do beneficial DPS.

PBI, BBoY, something around 16,000+ haste, and a very good understanding of fight mechanics so that you can use demo well are what you need most for demo.

The best fights for messing around with Demo (in comparison to Destro) would be stuff like Immerseus / Protectors / Juggernaut / Malkorok / Thok. I'm not saying Demo is flat out better, but it's competitive.

Immerseus you go Mannoroths and destroy those adds.

Protectors you get a lot of Immo Aura / Shadowflame cleave and obviously multi dooms.

Juggernaut you get a solid opener going and get two big spikes at 2 and 4 mins. You handle movement so much better and can opt for an extra dark soul.

Malkorok you again have nice ways to deal with movement, gain an extra dark soul, and with all those adds up you get tons of molten core procs from shadowflame.

Thok obviously you handle the movement/interrupt well, and can use second dark soul and stand in the melee camp to go to town on the bats. Destro also rapes the bats but if you get in melee you are good to go.

Just some initial thoughts.

I'd maybe also list Blackfuse/Paragons as decent Demo fights but the simplicity and survivability of Destro means I've never tried Demo on them.

Well I'll never get to 570+ anytime soon, so looks like I would be stuck using boring destro ,lol.

So demo was wishful thinking.

Thank you anyway for your replies and your prompt responses.

Edited by Nalar

Just going out on a limb here, but if you are not going to be hitting ilvl 570 any time soon as you say, I would guess that you are not progression raiding, and if that is the case maxing your dps will not be as necessary, so play what you would like. :)