FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fiiftycal

Haste vs Mastery for SV

I know most hunters go with crit>haste>mastery with hunters even for SV--but after running simcraft and test dummy tests I've noticed that my numbers are better with mastery over haste. This is probably because mastery increases spell damage dealt, and virtually every single SV offensive ability is influenced by spell damage except for Auto-Shot and Kill Shot. Most importantly, with the 4-set tier 16 bonus, haste kinda becomes a waste when you get Lock and Load procs and you find yourself spamming explosive shot without wasting any focus whatsoever.  Feel free to armory my character @Fiiftycal-Korgath.

With that said, why would SV hunters still go with haste? Does it make trinkets such as Haromm's Talisman, the legendary cloak and the meta gem proc more often? And if that's the case, does that amount of haste still make up for the loss of spell damage dealt?

Edited by Fiiftycal

Here is the thing about hunter stats. Crit, haste, and mastery are all good stats for us. We don't have a crappy stat to choose from. Well unless you choose int, strength or spirit, but that is a different conversation lol. I suggest you play around with your haste levels and find one you are comfortable with. Haste increases focus regen and the proc rates for your cloak and meta gem. So while mastery will be buffing the majority of your abilities as Survival, haste will decrease the cast time of cobra shot and  your passive focus regen allowing you to pew pew more things quickly. Mastery and haste are very close

Very few, if any, trinkets are effected by haste anymore, so haste only increases proc rate for the meta gem and cloak and your focus regen. Mastery on the other hand increases almost all damage done, only auto shot ad kill shot aren't effected. So I would find a hast level that you are comfortable with and then go for as much mastery as possible.

If you have the 4-piece, the yes haste looses a bit of value, as you will gain more focus during the GCD from the extra LnL procs.