FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

8.2 PTR Dev Notes, April 23rd: Heritage Armor, Pet Battle WQs

ulbreKK.jpg

Today's Rise of Azshara development notes show us the major additions in this week's build of the PTR, namely the Tauren and Gnome Heritage Armor quest lines, as well as Battle Pets and Pet Battle World Quests in Mechagon. We also get a reminder of everything else that will be coming soon to the PTR.

For more info on everything that's been added to the PTR so far and announced for later, check out our 8.2 content hub.

Blizzard LogoApril 23 (source)

We’ve published a new build for the upcoming content update – Rise of Azshara – to our Public Test Realms. Here is an outline of what is now testable, and what is coming in this PTR.

Now Available for Testing

• (New April 23) Gnome and Tauren Heritage Armor quest lines
  • New Zone: Mechagon
    • (New April 23) Battle Pets and Pet Battle World Quests
  • Heart of Azeroth system update: Introducing Essences 1
  • New Arena: The Robodrome
  • Mount Equipment
  • Ashran Epic Battleground
  • Crestfall and Snowblossom Island Expeditions

The content above continues to be developed and iterated on like the Vision of Perfection. We appreciate your feedback on all of it. Please note that Ashran may not easily complete a queue in the PTR.

Coming Soon

• New Zone: Nazjatar
    • Explore the new zone including quest lines, World PvP Events, and World Quests.
  • New Raid-- Azshara’s Eternal Palace
    • As always, we’ll coordinate the testing of this new raid’s encounters via scheduled announcements.
  • New Dungeon— Operation: Mechagon
  • Heroic Battle for Stromgarde
  • New Missions
  • New Profession Recipes
  • Pet Battle Dungeon: Stratholme
  • Updates to Brewfest

We plan to do a wipe of all characters in a few weeks after getting focused feedback on the Heart of Azeroth Essences. This will allow us to test the feel and pacing of obtaining them all naturally. We’ll give you a heads up on that character wipe here in this forum.

Get into the PTR!

The PTR is now available. To log in to the PTR, simply create a PTR account and copy the character you wish to test from your account. Step-by-step directions can be found here.

Note: World of Warcraft PTR realms are only available to players who have a full World of Warcraft account.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shadehallow said:

Just need to be able to transmog the tauren heritage back into a 2 hander and I can finally fulfill my first class fantasy of being a tauren warrior like from WC3

Wait - that thing is supposed to be a cape? I can see all sorts of aesthetic problems with that... I'm trying to imagine my Fury Warrior in full heritage armor. That'd mean he'd have two big *filtered* weapons on his back plus the totem. Should also make for interesting combinations with staffs as they sheathe exactly like that, "over the Characters left shoulder", whereas normal two handers sheathe "over the right shoulder". Don't get me wrong, the thing looks badass. I just don't think it works as back gear - tbh when I first saw the image I was sure, this was a two handed weapon

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 4:53 AM, Evincare said:

Wait - that thing is supposed to be a cape? I can see all sorts of aesthetic problems with that... I'm trying to imagine my Fury Warrior in full heritage armor. That'd mean he'd have two big *filtered* weapons on his back plus the totem. Should also make for interesting combinations with staffs as they sheathe exactly like that, "over the Characters left shoulder", whereas normal two handers sheathe "over the right shoulder". Don't get me wrong, the thing looks badass. I just don't think it works as back gear - tbh when I first saw the image I was sure, this was a two handed weapon

You can already get similar totems from legion albeit smaller and as non toybox toys. I don't think it's a cape if it's anything like the HMT Totems it's probably attached to the chest piece. HMT heritage has clipping issues already as well. If that were a 2 hander I would be sooo friggin happy!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      The Shaman changes in Build 37705 are relatively minor. Namely, Blizzard buffed the Echoes of Great Sundering Legendary Power.
      Restoration
      Mana Tide Totem - Summons a Mana Tide Totem at the feet of the caster for 8 sec, granting 100% increased mana regeneration to party and raid members allies within 10 yds. Anima Powers
      Deathseer Choker - Each active totem increases your damage and healing by 5% 10%. Legendary Powers
      Echoes of Great Sundering - When you cast Earth Shock, your next Earthquake will deal 100% 120% additional damage.  Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Mage 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Rogue 9.0.5 Class Changes
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Monk 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Shaman 9.0.5 Class Changes
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Paladin 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Warlock 9.0.5 Class Changes
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Priest 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Warrior 9.0.5 Class Changes
    • By Stan
      We're looking at the latest Rogue changes that went live on the 9.0.5 PTR this week.
      Assassination
      Venomous Wounds - You regain 7 8 Energy each time your Garrote, Rupture, or Internal Bleeding deal Bleed damage to a poisoned target. Anima Powers
      Remorse - Flagellation causes the tormented target to be lashed 2 1 additional times every 1 sec. Spiked Lashes - Flagellation now grants you 1% Haste per stack, up to a maximum of 30% 40% Haste. Covenant Abilities
      Flagellation - Lash the target for [ 100% of Attack Power ] Shadow damage, causing combo points you spend within the next 12 sec to lash them for [ 100% of Attack Power ]. Damage dealt by Flagellation increases your Haste by 0% 10%, lasting 12 sec after their torment fades. Legendary Powers
      Concealed Blunderbuss - When Sinister Strike hits an additional time, there is a 40% chance that your next Pistol Shot will fire 2 3 additional times. Essence of Bloodfang - Your combo point generating abilities have a chance to infect the target with Bloodfang, causing [ 741% 74.1% of Attack Power ] Bleed damage over 6 sec, and healing you for 50% of the damage dealt.  Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Mage 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Rogue 9.0.5 Class Changes
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Monk 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Shaman 9.0.5 Class Changes
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Paladin 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Warlock 9.0.5 Class Changes
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Priest 9.0.5 Class Changes
      Warrior 9.0.5 Class Changes
    • By Stan
      Another world first goes to the same group that cleared Mythic +25 earlier. This time, they have cleared a +26 with almost 40 seconds left on the timer. This is the first +26 cleared in time in Season 1. Congratulations!
      You can find a more details about the run including team composition, Covenants, Soulbind traits, Conduits, Legendaries, and trinkets below.

You can find a VoD of their run on Douyu.

• By Starym
      Two top Arena World Championship players, including a BlizzCon champion and a 2nd place finisher, received suspensions yesterday, one permanent, as both were found to be using Real Money Trading.
      First off we have Emil "Zeepeye" Ek, who won last year's EU side of the AWC and had previously finished in 2nd place during the 2019 AWC BlizzCon finals, and is now suspended for 6 months. The RMT was related to "coaching", which could be interpreted as boosting by some, and Ek had a lengthy explanation of what happened and why:
      Secondly, a previous 1-year suspension was made permanent, as Martin "Loony" Moazzez (who shared the EU AWC 2020 win with Zeepeye and had previously won BlizzCon 2014) also participated in Real Money Trading and coaching. There's a lot more to his story, as the initial 1-year suspension actually wasn't for RMT but more complicated and, well, worse:
      The Arena World Championship continues in March.
      Source.
    • By Starym
      What would be the worst thing that could happen in the Shadowlands? The Jailer winning and remaking the way death works? Destroying the universe to build a new one? Sylvanas getting redeemed and us having to suffer through her being on our side again? Well, it turns out 9.1 might be bringing something MUCH darker on us than all of that combined.
      Sarazzan made this horrifying discovery when looking at the ending of the 9.1 cinematic, as a certain glowy light at the end of the chains over in Korthia is hinting at... terror:

Source.
      So get ready for a return to the CHAMPIONizing and WOONZing ways of BfA, as everyone's least favorite Christmas tree ornament might be coming back. When you think about it it makes sense too, as the instant he wasn't needed to save Azeroth anymore some very smart people decided to banish him into the deepest depths of the Shadowlands, but alas the Jailer just hates us SO much that he's bringing him back.
      Here are some of the measured and very accurate comments from the post:
      And just in case you forgot why players are scared to death of him, here are a couple of reminders: