FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

Resto Tier and Boomkin questions

#1: Is it worth dropping an ilvl (normal to flex, flex to LFR, etc.) for 2pc/4pc for resto druid? I know this is more straightforward for DPS classes, but my instinct says probably.

#2: How much do boomkins need to worry about snapshotting good procs with DoTs? What % of your damage SHOULD the two DoTs be when you're playing right?

1. The resto 2pc (Sage Mender) can be a real life saver.  I find to be very helpful when someone takes an unexpected spike in damage.  In my opinion the two piece is worth the downgrade in numbers, but I dont have any data to support this.  I dont have the 4pc so Im not sure of its effectivness.

2. I know nothing about boomkins, so no help here.

I should add to this that part of why I'm thinking it might be good is that I don't have LMG/Cloak yet (just started really raiding on this alt), so I was thinking it'd be great just for the mana conservation alone.

The 2pc is worth a slight downgrade (possibly one ilvl jump), IF you track the procs and make use of them. 4pc, is better ins 25 than 10, though stil meh

Snapshotting isn't as important unless it involves upping the crit chance, since what you're really looking for is SS procs, though if you have huge procs up then it probably will help to refresh them.