FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lestaris

Question about raid lockouts

Just copying my post from the WoW forums:

Essentially, our raid team is somewhat divided at the moment on whether to continue full clearing SoO for the chance at heirlooms or just work full-time on Heroics.

Now a potential solution we came up with was to clear up to Paragons of the Klaxxi, bring a few alts in for that fight, then switch back to mains, leaving us with 2-3 alts all with saves at Garrosh which we can then use in future weeks to skip up to him.

However...I do know that Heroic raid IDs do work differently, will killing some of the earlier bosses on Heroic cause the lockout to become invalid after we kill Garrosh?

Nope and you don't need multiple ids.

I do this with my group with an id we got my dk about a month ago. i just extend it every week.

If you do heroics that day you all have to leave the instance, change to reg and reset all. The id toon doesn't have to go in, I've actually given his id to multiple groups in the same week.

I'd recommend iding the toon to spoils so you can start at thok because thok and siege drop good trinks and tier.

the dif with a heroic id is that if your group does H Norushen and is working on H Sha but they need an extra player, if the person they want to bring in has done any boss on H with another group, they cant join. you can all do anything on reg together at any time, but H groups are set in stone for the week.

• Like 1

Heroic IDs are solely for the purpose of heroic raiding. If the dungeon difficulty is on heroic, you cant bring someone from a different heroic lockout, as kitsu said, and you also cant change from 25H to 10H, but you can change from 25H to 10N, or 10H to 25N.