FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoN Blood Nova Necromancer

Question!

Why does the build have Death Nova on the bar? Iron Rose locks in the rune for us and Siphon casts the skill without it on the bar.
And would Devour - Satiated or Blood Rush - (Insert Rune) be a good replacement? ?

Guest Tiberius
21 hours ago, Inflameable said:

Question!

Why does the build have Death Nova on the bar? Iron Rose locks in the rune for us and Siphon casts the skill without it on the bar.
And would Devour - Satiated or Blood Rush - (Insert Rune) be a good replacement? ?

I think it's due to the fact that Scythe of the Cycle increases your Secondary skill's damage, which Death Nova will be occupying.

On 5/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, Guest Tiberius said:

I think it's due to the fact that Scythe of the Cycle increases your Secondary skill's damage, which Death Nova will be occupying.

But the Iron RoseIron Rose already cast the secondary skill so the question was to fit your answer more, does Death NovaDeath Nova need to be on the hotbar to synergize with items and or does the rune change the damage type of the blood nova or not?

Some notes:

1) In the Skill page, Blood is Power is said to be mandatory, but the table of skills (both in that page and in the Introduction page) recommend Eternal Torment...

2) Shouldn't "Pickup Radius" be explicitly mentioned in the table of stat priorities?

3) The Witching Hour cannot roll Critical Hit Chance: maybe that stat priority should be replaced by IAS?

4) In the Gear page it is written: "Stat-wise, focus on pieces that have Death Nova skill damage increase, as well as Cooldown Reduction and Increased Attack Speed." However, in the table IAS is recommended only for the gloves: is it really a stat to focus-on?

5) Which is the recommended Follower for this build? And which Potion?

On 6/7/2019 at 5:14 AM, Guest Clerric said:

Why is there WD pants in Necro build???

Because of the Elemental damage it can roll, up to 20%. Like in any other LoN build. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:35 PM, Arkpit said:

But the Iron RoseIron Rose already cast the secondary skill so the question was to fit your answer more, does Death NovaDeath Nova need to be on the hotbar to synergize with items and or does the rune change the damage type of the blood nova or not?

No, it will be always Blood Nova. But Simulacrum can only duplicate equipped skills.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Savathar said:

How is this Speed Farming when it's sooo slow?

Speedfarm version includes In-geomIn-geom

I do rifts between 1-2min with Nova on HC up to around GR65. After that I swap to Speed LoN mages.

Guest Guest

When pushing with this build, I found Blood and Bone  with LOTD less effective against elites in higher GRs. Wouldn't Corpse Lance be more effective. Also, wouldn't Corroded Fang work better late game while using LOTD and corpse lance?

Guest Lethal wolf

It states its for low tier gr runs but i use it and im at gr 101 with this build

16 hours ago, Guest Lethal wolf said:

It states its for low tier gr runs but i use it and im at gr 101 with this build

Low tier does not means it can only be used in low grs (like very low, sub90), just weaker than the high and top tier. With seasonal players already clearing around 130s, 101 is considered "low" in terms of pushing. 

Guest Guest
On 7/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, Guest Lethal wolf said:

Great to hear. Congratulations. What paragon level were you? How many augments and level of augments?

Guest UndeathMetal

You don't need Blood Nova on your bars at all for this build by the way. Whoever keeps reviewing this build and saying "no changes needed for current season" is sorely mistaken. You could free up an entire ability slot. The reason why is because the Blood Nova spawned by Siphon Life via the Iron Rose legendary got fixed so that it counts as an actual Blood Nova regardless of you having the skill and run on your bars.

2 hours ago, Guest UndeathMetal said:

You don't need Blood Nova on your bars at all for this build by the way. Whoever keeps reviewing this build and saying "no changes needed for current season" is sorely mistaken. You could free up an entire ability slot. The reason why is because the Blood Nova spawned by Siphon Life via the Iron Rose legendary got fixed so that it counts as an actual Blood Nova regardless of you having the skill and run on your bars.

Is it duplicated by Simulacrum if you don't have it on your bars? 

Yes, at least as of now. I'm not running this exact build, but an Inarius/Blood nova build/iron Rose build, and the Simulacrums will happily throw down blood nova's along with mine while it isn't on my skill bar. Seems this was changed, I think in 2.6.5 but i' mnot entirely sure.

Both the changes to Iron Rose and the more recent Haunted Visions update are very much a cause for a revision of the guide, and it has been updated accordingly. It should be up on the website in short order. Thank you all for bringing it up, changes to an unpopular item like Iron Rose can definitely go under the radar.

I've never tried using St Andrew's Gage, to be honest, but how does it combined with the Illusory boots  hold up, toughness wise, with the Stone Gauntlets with the Ice Climbers? I'm just not sure how useful/strong the Gage really is - though I was a big fan of Henry's perquisition for the WD and it seems to use a similar "first time hit by elite" mechanic. 

Guest Dirtydan

Isn't mantle of channeling a viable shoulder slot? as siphon blood has been added to the list. 25% increased / decreased damage while hammering novas seems to good to miss out on. 

On 7/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Guest Dirtydan said:

Isn't mantle of channeling a viable shoulder slot? as siphon blood has been added to the list. 25% increased / decreased damage while hammering novas seems to good to miss out on. 

On 7/15/2020 at 3:40 PM, Bubble181 said:

I've never tried using St Andrew's Gage, to be honest, but how does it combined with the Illusory boots  hold up, toughness wise, with the Stone Gauntlets with the Ice Climbers? I'm just not sure how useful/strong the Gage really is - though I was a big fan of Henry's perquisition for the WD and it seems to use a similar "first time hit by elite" mechanic. 

You both bring up very valid points for revision of the setup, and the guide has been adjusted accordingly. It should be up on the website shortly. 

For what it's worth, St. Archew's can be a great effect during speedfarm, and I can see an alteration of this current setup that replaces the Stone GauntletsStone GauntletsIce ClimbersIce Climbers combo (more progression-oriented) for St. Archew's GageSt. Archew's GageSteuart's GreavesSteuart's Greaves when you're rolling though less threatening GR content (and will possibly be Gloves of WorshipGloves of Worship in regular rifts!)