FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoN Rapid Fire Demon Hunter

This thread is for comments and feedback about our LoN Rapid Fire Demon Hunter guide.

Guest Hello

I feel like there is a lot of possible variations in this build, but wouldn't swapping the Vengeance rune to From the Shadows and exchanging Nemesis Bracers for Ancient Parthan Defenders be more consistent? The only activator for Bane of the Trapped is Fan of Knives (as far as I can tell), which is not really enough in my opinion, because it is only for 1 second. The bracer slot would also be used better, as Nemesis Bracers is really only a good choice for Elite hunting builds because it doesn't add anything to combat.

Having Leech and Sentry: Guardian Turret instead of Shadow Power: Gloom and Numbing Traps seems to make more sense to me, because then the build's recovery wouldn't require spending lots of discipline to maintain (even with Preparation offsetting some of that amount), though it would sacrifice some toughness and LpH for more consistency.

Leaving out Shadow Power would then negate the need for Preparation, and that skill slot could be used for Smoke Screen: Special Recipe (or Vanishing Powder), and having an invulnerability skill can be very important at very high GRs. Smoke Screen is also a cheaper activator for Elusive RIng than Shadow Power.

Of course, these are just some suggestions from my perspective; the only skills that are really irreplaceable are Rapid Fire and Vengeance. The other 4 skills could be some mix of Smoke Screen, Shadow Power, Caltrops, Companion, Fan of Knives, Sentry, Marked for Death, Vault or Preparation. Even the passives have some room for choice (Leech, Perfectionist, or even Brooding), though good ancient Hellfire Amulets are hard to craft, so just taking whatever comes by is good enough I suppose, even if the 5 best passives may not be available.

Overall, there's a lot of skill options in this build, and I'm interested in how it will evolve over time.

Guest rapidfiredh

you have the wrong pants for the LoN Demon Hunter for soem reason you've linked Witch Doctor Pants

Guest patrin
10 hours ago, Guest rapidfiredh said:

you have the wrong pants for the LoN Demon Hunter for soem reason you've linked Witch Doctor Pants

*woosh*

11 hours ago, Guest rapidfiredh said:

It's because the Swamp Land WadersSwamp Land Waders give a neutral 20% elemental damage which is a huge boost compared to many other legendary legs (especially for Demon hunters).

Edited by Suvivius

how can I get Swamp Land WadersSwamp Land Waders? is there an alternative? I really don't wanna make a new character just for a that...

how about UnityUnity is there a good alternative? you know for when I join a group..

loving this build though

thanks in advance

Edited by ElliottNez
another question

Guest Question

Does Rapid Fire: Bombardment trigger Numbing Traps, or is Fan of Knives the only trigger for Numbing Traps in this build?

7 hours ago, Guest Question said:

Does Rapid Fire: Bombardment trigger Numbing Traps, or is Fan of Knives the only trigger for Numbing Traps in this build?

It should, Hellcat procs on Grenades of all types, it would be inconsistent if Numbing don't. 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:17 PM, ElliottNez said:

how can I get Swamp Land WadersSwamp Land Waders? is there an alternative? I really don't wanna make a new character just for a that...

how about UnityUnity is there a good alternative? you know for when I join a group..

loving this build though

thanks in advance

Unity can be substituted with a fire-rolled Stone of Jordan for damage. 

You can use any pants to activate the LoN bonus (including set ones if they do not form a bonus). But don't forget: this is a BiS list, and thus it includes the BiS pants, SLWs, the only pants giving damage boost for the build. 

LoN already demands a higher level of dedication, Leveling a WD to 50 for the pants is the smallest of it. (you can reroll it later.) The only thing that can be a problem if your Account is full. 

In the gems section it is written: "Bane of the Trapped is a potent source of additional damage, as it is its own multiplier in your total damage calculation. The gem will be procced by Zei's Stone of Vengeance, Thrill of the Hunt, crowd control secondary stats on your gear (Slow %, Freeze %), or Wind Chill in speedfarming." This is a cut&past refuse, I think...

This should be updated to "Top Tier" as it is currently the highest pushing GR build for Demon Hunters.

Edited by Gigahurtz

Guest Question

Will a Natalya variant of this build/guide be written or made available?

7 hours ago, Guest Question said:

Why doesn't this build use Vault, unlike the Natalya variant?

Hi - the Legacy of Dreams Rapid Fire can fit Vault in, it's mostly a matter of playstyle preference. Both builds would only use Vault for longer range movement or evasion, since Vault interrupts channeling and is a lot more disruptive to a Rapid Fire build than say, a Multishot or an Impale build. 

You can take Vault in the place of the basic Fan of Knives - Bladed Armor recommendation, if you prefer to be more maneuverable!

Guest Demon Hunter

I have 41% CDR yet no permanent Vengeance uptime. The guide states perma-Vengeance would be achieved at 37%. Has there been a change to the skill or something?

6 hours ago, Guest Demon Hunter said:

I have 41% CDR yet no permanent Vengeance uptime. The guide states perma-Vengeance would be achieved at 37%. Has there been a change to the skill or something?

37% is only enough if you have a perfect roll on Dawn, since you wear it and it's not cubed. 

Guest Palalalali

You say that we should use "WD's pants Swamp something something" because they are the only pants that can roll with fire elemental damage rigth...?

Then why in the BiS options, yoj dont mention that we should have "fire damage" as a roll? Am I missing something here...?

Guest DE DO

I don't understand why a class needs to be slowed down I don't understand With Stone Gauntlets, I saw on a different build that the set Items Endless Walk should be used when on a rapid fire build you are staying still and taking 100% damage? Really? Now yes, I know to move. But come on. Demon Hunters need to be fast on the fire (hence a rapid fire build and why it's so fun) Or be as mobile as possible. Now People that are trying to rush ahead trying to treat everything like it's a speed run, well. . . . learn what teamwork is. Your only as good as the slowest person. Help them, they need it

Hi,

I think, it´s really a strong solo build. The combination with the follower, wearing the UnityUnity ring, and I increase the grift +5 levels with every new ancient legendary drop.

What is your recommendation regarding gems? Dealing a lot of damage is important, because it will be multiplied many times. But, actually i am not sure, if its better to euip dmg or resistance gems? What do you think about the follower? Which gems are a good option for the follower? My follower cannot die and the taken dmg is linked between the follower and me. Make it sense to give the follower more resistance or its better do improve with dmg gems?

I tried to take dmg gems for myself and res gems for the follower, hoping that this will increase my dmg significantily and give me some shared resistance from my follower for higher grift tier levels. 

The other thing is, i will often die, because this nasty slowdown effect, mostly, when the mobs are in near range. What can I do to improve my walking speed to get fast enough out of range?

My last question is: are there any good alternatives for the pants?

Beside this, the build is really cool and makes a lot of fun. Hope, there will drop more ancient legendaries or primals for double bonus.

Have fun & thanks

Hey there,

Regarding gems - the power of UnityUnity is the only one that is shared between yourself and the follower, gems that are equipped on the follower affect only him. If your follower has an invulnerability item (i.e. Enchanting FavorEnchanting Favor ), you can go all out on damage and utility on him (I recommend the latter - a follower will never significantly contribute to your damage output).

As for your walking speed, you are limited to a 25% increase of movement speed, either coming from items or Paragons - and I recommend the latter, as you have more useful stats on items than MS, and you can simply max it out via Paragon. In the form presented in the guide, the build is generally slow paced and can suffer when cornered, as you describe. I am guessing the "slowing" you experience is when monsters hit you and trigger Stone GauntletsStone Gauntlets ? This effect should be negated by your permanent VengeanceVengeance ! If you don't have perfect overlap of the Vengeance effect, make this your utmost priority. A good roll of DawnDawn (65% CDR roll) and 37% cooldown reduction in your sheet (easily reached with some cooldown reduction rolls on gear) will net you permanent Vengeance, which is incredibly important for your performance and survival.

You can temporarily use Ice ClimbersIce Climbers instead of Illusory BootsIllusory Boots , since they also negate the drawback of the Stone Gauntlets, and maybe substitute Smoke ScreenSmoke Screen for VaultVaultTumbleTumble , but this should not be necessary as soon as you reach permanent Vengeance.

Guest Game_Scavenger

I feel like illusionary boots are quite useless here with the passability from the altar