FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deafmetalman

4Piece Tier... Hmmm..

So, I'm well aware that for destro 4 piece tier is an absolute must. It's not the issue. The issue is, I have all 5 pieces of tier... As I understand it, the tier pieces you want on are the Helm, Gloves, chest and legs, all with mastery. However, I have a Warforged helm with Hit/haste and I have normal shoulders, with mastery/crit. So, is it worth keeping on the Warforged helm, despite the poor stats on the Helm and Tier shoulders? Or is it worth going down to Normal shoulders with good stats and the tier helm?

Also, on a side note. I have the 1 handed sword, haste/crit, from Nazgrim and a Warforged Offhand, Haste/hit, from Thok. I'm currently using the normal staff from Sha, Mastery/crit. I'm Human, so, despite the poor stats, is it safe to assume that the sword and offhand is the better choice?

I've gone with the Sword/off-hand and the normal shoulders/tier helm. Just thought I'd get a double check on both.

Edited by Deafmetalman

Both of these 'decisions' you're trying to make will have almost no effect on your DPS.  If any effect will happen, under the same gameplay, the percent difference would be under 1%. 

If you receive a racial bonus, include that in your assessment.  Either way, you'll see little difference.  Personally, I don't think a 6 item level difference is worth giving up full Mastery on your shoulders, but, again, it doesn't really matter.

Okay, I understand that some things are a minor difference. But are we really to the point where these things don't matter so much that we just throw our hands up in the air and say "Ahhh, fuck it. Secondary stats, who gives a shit!"?... Playstyle will always make the big difference, but playstyle will remain the same regardless, it's the 1 or 2% here and there that matter the most.

Except in your situation, you aren't looking at 1 or 2%, you are looking at the 0.01 or 0.02%, which still doesn't matter.

But are we really to the point where these things don't matter so much that we just throw our hands up in the air and say "Ahhh, fuck it. Secondary stats, who gives a shit!"?

Not quite that dramatic, but yeah, reforging/secondary stat decisions should take you all of 15-30 seconds to do.  There shouldn't be any after-thought.  You stack the shit out of Mastery and take what you can get with the others.  Some stack Haste, some stack Crit, some keep Crit = Haste.  They all perform relatively the same, so yeah - they're relatively meaningless.