FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleete

Just for fun and out of interest

I was wondering.....

If you wanted to ensure you had 2 of EVERY Card in a [available]  Set + all Legendaries. (by 2 I mean 2 normal or 2 gold or 1 of each)

How Many packs would you estimate  would be needed to be got ?   

Lets take the new Release, Shadows, as an example (112 x 2=224 + 24 Legendaries = 248 cards).

Remembering of course Duplicates would build up dust.. Enough to get the missing legendaries?

Personally I think around 200 Packs to get 2 of each and say   8 Legendaries -

would there be enough dust [25,600] from dups  to get the rest? I doubt it

What's your thoughts ?

You are not even close to getting 2 of each with 200 packs.

You won't manage it on rares, much less on epics.

And you do not have much dust to craft. Maybe a few thousand. Like 3000.

You will not even be able to craft every epic twice.

For a complete set I guess you need at least 500 packs.

Edited by Guest

500 might be a bit too much, but if you want a rough idea I'd get a look at Kripp'spack opening videos and check at around how much packs he starts 'gaming' the system to get the golden legendaries he want. That is also around the point you'll have (enough dust for) all set.

I am sure there is a way to mathematically determine the number of packs you need (on average), but I admit I have not the slightest idea how to beginn.

On 5/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, Sleete said:

First, you will eventually get all legendaries for the no duplicates rules, then you would use dust for missing epic/rare/common only when you have enough dust to craft everything. You will never buy enough pack to have every card without the use of dust, or better, you could, but it's only about luck. You can buy an infinite number of pack and still never find a specific common/rare/epic card.

I there will suppose that golden card are always dusted.

Every pack will give you either some cards you don't own or some dust. They said that every pack gives nearly 100 dust. There are in Hearthstone 2008 collective cards after Rise of Shadow.

We have:

• 325 legendaries = 520.000 dust
  • 365  epics = 146.000
  • 556 rares = 55.600
  • 762 commons = 30.480

In total, you need 752.080 dust

If you get 100 dust for pack, you should need 7501 packs to get a full collections.

That means you'd need 8750€ (+ 100 gold) to buy them from nothing.

This is the only number that guarantee you to have your full collection, as you can be extraordinary unlucky and open always the same 4 commons and a rare except for the pity timers.

The Math could be made better adding the "leftover dust" variable instead of a generic "dust value per pack". However, this is too hard to be done here by me ?
The only thing I'll write is that the leftover dust, the dust you gain and the new card you find, is higher the more pack you buy.

Synesthesy

So what you are saying is due to RNG you could get say 10,000 packs and still not have every card.

So after a while  all you would be doing is getting packs for enough  dust to craft what's missing

unless you are very very lucky with the card drops. 

Edited by Sleete
spelling!

9 hours ago, Sleete said:

Synesthesy

So what you are saying is due to RNG you could get say 10,000 packs and still not have every card.

So after a while  all you would be doing is getting packs for enough  dust to craft what's missing 

unless you are very very lucky with the card drops. 

You will eventually get every legendary for the no duplicate rule. But there is no such rule for epic, rare and common.

For example, I did buy something like 150 un'goro packs, maybe more, between money and gold in time, and I have never found a second Stonehill Defender.