FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ashling

Gearing for Normal (Enhancement)

Hi, I'm new to the forums but have been lurking here for awhile now, ever since i got this toon to 90. 

I think this Character is ready for normal progression and finishing off flexi and i just wanted to get a few opinions on gearing. Im pretty sure my reforging is fine, just by using mr robot however i still want to know if i am better off gemming for hit/exp caps rather than reforging? Also as i understand it haste can be slightly better with the Legendary Cape, is it worthwhile to put more stats in haste now that i have it? 

Heres the Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/%C3%80shling/advanced

Thanks In advance =)

Edited by Ashling

I personally try to focus a bit more with agi/mastery gems for reds. And yes, at times, Haste build can be better for solely singletarget, but I've found with higher gear levels you get enough haste to be efficient.
TL;DR Go mastery w/ Agi/mastery gems moreso than expertise/mastery.

• Like 1

can  i ask Ashling what is the stable dps ur running in single target i allso lvling enhanc as my main and just wonder what  is the dps at  ur ilvl and burst smile.png

Hey, I don't have any logs or anything but i was pulling around 230k on Ordos, but bursting closer to 400k with everything popped on cd, probably could have better dps with a better computer where i don't lag as much haha.

That's where we differ. I usually burst around 8-900k, but with my gear that's typical. With yours, it should be roughly 6-700k. What's your rotation look like?

That's where we differ. I usually burst around 8-900k, but with my gear that's typical. With yours, it should be roughly 6-700k. What's your rotation look like?

I'll try get some logs when i get my better computer at the end of the week, Normally i go UE>MW proc>FS>SS>LL>ES as standard Priority, keeping Searing/Fire Elemental Up. Opening up fights is where most of the lag happens so it's difficult for me to get a good burst on bosses. 

After trying out More Agility/Mastery Gems i found my dps to be much lower than with Exp/Mastery Gems, rather than 220k DPS on dummies it was about 190k. Definitely going to change back once Keen Vermilion's come back down in price. 

Edited by Ashling

I'll try get some logs when i get my better computer at the end of the week, Normally i go UE>MW proc>FS>SS>LL>ES as standard Priority, keeping Searing/Fire Elemental Up. Opening up fights is where most of the lag happens so it's difficult for me to get a good burst on bosses. 

After trying out More Agility/Mastery Gems i found my dps to be much lower than with Exp/Mastery Gems, rather than 220k DPS on dummies it was about 190k. Definitely going to change back once Keen Vermilion's come back down in price. 

Have you checked Recount to see if you're missing with your spells/SS/LL? That could well be the cause of the drop.

I can guarantee you, without even being an expert on enhancement shaman, that your gem changes is not responsible for such a large drop in dps. Reforges and gemming only impacts a relatively small amount of total dps, the vast majority of it comes from your playstyle. I urge you to keep the agi/mastery gems, and get a log posted so our shaman experts can look over your performance. If on the tiny chance there isn't any real playstyle issue, then you can look to your gemming and reforging again.

A deficit of that much must mean you're either missing some attacks, or your rotation is completely flipped. From what you posted, your rotation seems to be fine, and I checked over your armory, and your talents are fine. I have some questions, however.
1: Are you using UE/FS before popping Ascendance?
2: Are you popping EM with Ascendance/Wolves/Primal Eles?

3: Are you getting two stormblasts minimum in?
4: Are you BLing/SLing for yourself? Prepotting, flasking/food buffing?
5: .. Are you behind your target?

6: Are you using the correct enchants?
If the problem persists, then I'll have you hit a dummy and do an LFR/Flex with me to see what the issue is, since you can't log. I'll be on most of tomorrow, and I'm going to message you my battletag.

Have you checked Recount to see if you're missing with your spells/SS/LL? That could well be the cause of the drop.

Still at hit cap, no way there was any missing attacks. 

I can guarantee you, without even being an expert on enhancement shaman, that your gem changes is not responsible for such a large drop in dps. Reforges and gemming only impacts a relatively small amount of total dps, the vast majority of it comes from your playstyle. I urge you to keep the agi/mastery gems, and get a log posted so our shaman experts can look over your performance. If on the tiny chance there isn't any real playstyle issue, then you can look to your gemming and reforging again.

I was definitely being hasty on the dps drops, after the first wing of flexi last night dps came back up to around 21k, i did find that it was however still lower than normal / at least than before. 

A deficit of that much must mean you're either missing some attacks, or your rotation is completely flipped. From what you posted, your rotation seems to be fine, and I checked over your armory, and your talents are fine. I have some questions, however.

1: Are you using UE/FS before popping Ascendance?

2: Are you popping EM with Ascendance/Wolves/Primal Eles?

3: Are you getting two stormblasts minimum in?

4: Are you BLing/SLing for yourself? Prepotting, flasking/food buffing?

5: .. Are you behind your target?

6: Are you using the correct enchants?

If the problem persists, then I'll have you hit a dummy and do an LFR/Flex with me to see what the issue is, since you can't log. I'll be on most of tomorrow, and I'm going to message you my battletag.

Yeah i do most of this, at least for hitting dummies i was wasn't raid buffed and didn't use potions and flasks, which could of been an issue. 

Thanks for the help guys, i'll get a log on the weekend i hope with a new computer.