FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oltier

Upcoming nerfes: 2014. 01.13.

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9256676481

No more OTK warrior, 10 mana pyroblasts, more expensive Sylvanas, blood Imp getting less effective.

Most expected nerfes incoming to Hearthstone.

In my opinion it's for the greater good of the game, and we actually might see some different cards from what is in every single deck.

However, don't you think this is an infinite loop? These cards get nerfed, but I am sure players will find the other "must have cards" that will have to be in every single deck.

Opinions wanted!

EDIT: *Upcoming nerfS. I'm sorry for typo. ^^

Yay for Pyro nerf!  One of the most boring classes to play against.  Ice Block/Pyro/Freeze stall. 

I agree with most of the changes. I think that they'll go a long way to improving the general quality of constructed matches. I'm also very pleased to see that Blizzard took a stance and just said they want the game to be about board control, and not about killing the opponent instantly from your hand. This suits me well since I enjoy playing for board control.

The Pyroblast nerf was very much needed. Coupled with the previous nerfs to the freeze mechanics, I think Mage will actually be in a good spot now. They still have a lot of tools at their disposal, and very strong spells (Pyroblast will still work as a finisher), but you will now actually be able to fight against a Mage from equal footing, even without including 6+ heals in your deck.

The Warrior nerfs make me very happy, since I think that playstyle (whether it was Giants or Alexstrasza) was absolutely toxic. Completely horrible to play against, even when you won.

Blood Imp nerf is another much-needed one. It means now you can actually Equality Warlocks, and that AoE will work properly against them in general. I'm a bit worried that the Giants Warlock style will become even more prominent (and that's got problems of its own already!), but we'll see.

The other nerfs are all pretty much unsurprising, although very welcome. I guess the Argus nerf won't do much, and he'll still be played just as much. Dark Iron Dwarf may see a decrease in popularity, which I think is pretty good. I'm sad to see Novice Engineer neutered to the point where people won't be taking it much anymore (I think). It's now an instant dead minion against Rogue, Druid, and Mage. Its cost should be lowered to 1 if they want to make it a 1/1, I think. Perhaps they could have made it a 2/1 instead... we'll see.

Sylvanas nerf is needed, she is way too good for 5 mana, and still excellent at 6. And the Unleash the Hounds buff? I guess we'll see. Rise of the hunter incoming?

Does anyone else think Flamestrike is overpowered? The fact that one card can pretty much erase someone's board control seems a little ridiculous to me. Add a couple of minions with +1 sp and you do 6 dmg to all enemy minions. It seems easier to combat in play mode because you know its coming at some point and you can build your deck to your specs to counter these types of spells. In Arena however, its completely random so with all the randomness in cards you get, its very tough to combat. I feel the card should have a lower mana cost and deal less dmg (maybe something like a pallys consecration). Am I the only one that feels a board wipe using only 1 card is a little OP?

Does anyone else think Flamestrike is overpowered? The fact that one card can pretty much erase someone's board control seems a little ridiculous to me. Add a couple of minions with +1 sp and you do 6 dmg to all enemy minions. It seems easier to combat in play mode because you know its coming at some point and you can build your deck to your specs to counter these types of spells. In Arena however, its completely random so with all the randomness in cards you get, its very tough to combat. I feel the card should have a lower mana cost and deal less dmg (maybe something like a pallys consecration). Am I the only one that feels a board wipe using only 1 card is a little OP?

Flamestrike is certainly strong, but I wouldn't call it overpowered. Sure, the fact that it does 4 damage is very significant, but its cost balances things out. If a Mage plays Flamestrike on turn 7, they effectively give their turn up entirely. So, as long as you were somewhat prepared for it (have some 5+ health creatures on the board, or creatures like the Harvest Golem or Divine Shield minions), you will end up having a temp advantage that allows you to turn the game around.

Given Flamestrike's power, in both Constructed and Arena it is wise to always assume that the Mage has and will use Flamestrike on turn 7. If you ever play "hoping they don't have it", you are setting yourself up for great losses. Now, I know how annoying it can be to go up against a Mage with 5 Flamestrikes in Arena, but that kind of thing just happens, and it's not very common.

Against a Mage, more so than against any other class, it's super important not to over-extend. Keep as many strong/useful minions in your hand as you can afford to do, meaning that when they Flamestrike (or Blizzard!) they get low value for their spell, and you have a lot of cards to play afterwards.