FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
FranticTiger

Bear tank stat question

So, I've been wondering about this issue for a while: Mastery Rating or Dodge Rating as a bear?

I've plugged my character into one of these automated website thingies that tells you what your stats should be, and it recommended switching from Dodge to Mastery (in both reforging and in gems). Is this right? Have I been doing it wrong all along?

Are you sure you had the right spec picked? I use askmrrrobot.com and wowreforge.com and often have it tell me that I need to reforge everything... until I realise that I logged out in my holy gear but still in Prot spec or vice versa.

Ive had the problem that reforge lite likes to use Dodge, and only dodge, so I wanted to adjust the stat weights, but their numbering isnt the same as askmrrobot, nor is it the same as icyveins.

I did what askmrrobot did for rage build, and it was pretty much all crit and the result was a low hit % and Exp %.

The reason reforge lite probably likes dodge was because the defualt weights havent been adjusted. In catacyslm for reforging as a bear you just reforged the least wanted stat into dodge

Dodge > Hit = Exp > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Now, since blizzard implemented the active mitigation model in 5.0 on all tanks, we want to try to get as much rage as possible to heal ourselves with.