FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zilthy

Advice on Havoc cleaving

Wow.  Thank you for the info on Tidy Plates.  I thought I did not really need that addon after switching to ELVUI, but resizing execute range.... *beautiful*.  ELVUI needs this option. :)

It almost made me want to change my shadowburn macro when helping a friend run Mines and Temple BG's for his cloak on his alt to something like:

#showtooltip

/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Shadowburn

/say Bye Bye

:D

Depends on what you're using it for. If you want to kill a lot of adds or want to do a massive amount of cleaving on individual targets, you're going to want to use the unglyphed havoc. Such as, Galk, Nur, Naz, Immer, Dark Sham(either glyphed or unglyphed), Spoils.

If your goal is ST damage, or have adds that have a major amount of HP, or are on a boss fight where the bosses share a single HP pool, then glyphed is likely the better answer. You lose total uptime with the glyph but gain a much harder hitting havoc, build embers to dump during a proc and then very quickly regen embers with the glyph in order to burn harder during those procs. Also lining up six Shadowburns can put a major hurt on something fast. Such as, Protectors, Dark Shaman, Malk, Garrosh, Blackfuse.

hmm, i hate stuff like that where you have to constantly change glyphs lol.

My prot pally was my main in T14, I was running through 37 books per 16/16HM clear. So many talent/glyph changes.

Hey, i am a new lock, playing this expansion since it went out, I find extremely hard to cleave with Havoc, playstyle talking, I don't know when to use it, since its a thread for Havoc, what is the best use scenario.

I am DPSing boss, lets take Brackenspore for example, and a Mind fungus shows up, I use Havoc in Boss, then switch for Mind Fungus? Or I Havoc Mind Fungus and go back for boss?

Hey, i am a new lock, playing this expansion since it went out, I find extremely hard to cleave with Havoc, playstyle talking, I don't know when to use it, since its a thread for Havoc, what is the best use scenario.

I am DPSing boss, lets take Brackenspore for example, and a Mind fungus shows up, I use Havoc in Boss, then switch for Mind Fungus? Or I Havoc Mind Fungus and go back for boss?

It will depend on the hp status of each target. Is Brackenspore in execute range? If yes then havoc the fungus and shadow burn Brackenspore.

If Brackenspore is healthy then havoc the boss and snipe the add with a shadowburn or two if you can.

Havoc should ALWAYS be used if there is any other target to hit.  As long as that situation exists, you always want to try to cleave Shadowburn.  If you can only get one Shadowburn in, just Havoc a Chaos Bolt off instead.  If you can get 2+ Shadowburns in with a Havoc, go with SB.

For fights like Brackenspore it helps to use a focus macro for Havoc.

#showtooltip Havoc

/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focus,harm,nodead][]Havoc

This will cast Havoc on your mouse-over target. If you don't have one it will cast it on your focus.  Otherwise it will cast it on the target.

Mindfungus dies too fast to really get a CB off unless you have stacks of backdraft. But since Embers are so plentiful on Brack, I usually save a conflag for situations like that or moving. I'll conflag, havoc Brack and CB the fungus and then shadowburn it when its dying.