FORUMS
Stan

Who Will Be the Final Boss of Battle for Azeroth?

43617-nzoth-whispers-on-live-servers.jpg

Patch 8.3 will be Battle for Azeroth's final major content patch and while Blizzard confirmed that it's going to be clear who the final boss of the expansion will be after we see the events of the Eternal Palace unfold, here are our top 3 guesses. This article contains spoilers.

1. N'zoth

The hottest candidate on our list is none other than N'zoth. He's been foreshadowed since Legion by Il'gynoth in the Emerald Nightmare. In fact, his quotes make a whole lot more sense in this expansion.

"To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars."

Circle of Stars is the name of the final wing in the Eternal Palace raid, where N'zoth is chained. He apparently plays a role in the fight against Azshara, where she tries to disable the Ancient Ward and override the Titan device which keeps N'zoth imprisoned, according to the Dungeon Journal overview:

Queen Azshara will use all of the forces at her command to disable the Ancient Wards and override the Titan device keeping N'zoth imprisoned.

We recently looked at Azshara's Eternal Palace Raid Videos, where there are multiple chains, staring into the abyss.

oqUHc75.png

It would be cool to visit Ny'alotha in Patch 8.3 to take down N'zoth, but we don't know whether or not Blizzard isn't saving him for a separate expansion.

2. Magni Bronzebeard

Next in our list is Magni Bronzebeard. What if Magni is not trying to help us heal the world, but weaken Azeroth's world-soul by having us collect Azerite?

41924-new-magni-questline-in-patch-815.j

Here comes Il'gynoth's second prophecy, where he's either referring to Gallywix or Magni Bronzebeard.

"The king of diamonds has been made pawn."

Whereas Gallywix is farming Azerite like crazy, Magni forces us to farm it since the beginning of the expansion, but at what cost? Maybe we will see a raid in Silithus in Patch 8.3 with a corrupted Magni being either the final boss or one of the encounters within the raid.

3. Azeroth's World-Soul

While we've been mining Azerite like crazy, we have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes with Azeroth's world-soul. What if we actually weakend her and she fell to Old God corruption? WoWWiki also mentions that speaking to a world-soul is different from speaking to a mortal, which is why we need Magni as Azeroth's Speaker. But, if Magni is not telling us the truth, the outlook for Azeroth sure looks grim. A Silithus raid where we delve deeper into the Chamber of Hearts makes sense if we were to save Azeroth's world-soul from corruption.

LQJZIOX.jpg

The world-soul of Argus in Antorus, the Burning Throne Raid (Source)

We're interested to hear your thoughts on the final boss of Battle for Azeroth. Let us know in the comments down below!

• Like 5

They will have to write a really good story to explain N'Zoth as a final boss. Interesting choice, but just wouldn't fit the expansion title.
I vote for option 3) Azeroth's Soul. It will be the last encounter, but not a boss in classic terms - we will have to rebuild her from the Azerite we scavenged looted hunted saved fer her up until the point she almost fell apart. That way they also explain why the Heart of Azeroth necklace will be useless from 9.0.
The Horde - Alliance storyline will probably play a major part in how the final raid uncovers, but I feel Sylvanas deserves a really good plot twist to prove she's just chaotic neutral, not chaotic evil.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Badadada said:

They will have to write a really good story to explain N'Zoth as a final boss. Interesting choice, but just wouldn't fit the expansion title.

Not entirely sure about that. 'Mists of Pandaria' doesn't refer to Garrosh at all. Neither does 'Warlords of Draenor' to Archimonde. 'Battle for Azeroth' is broad enough that it can still refer to us in battle against N'zoth for Azeroth. To me your statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

I actually do believe it'll be N'zoth. Saving him for another expansion seems unnecessary, especially since he's pretty much in the spotlight right now. I think it'll be him and as an ending cinematic we'll catch a glimpse of Azeroth falling to corruption for the next expansion.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Badadada said:

imagine thinking that fighting N'zoth wouldn't be a Battle for all of Azeroth. That being said I kinda hope he's not the final boss.

2 minutes ago, Pandabuffel said:

I actually do believe it'll be N'zoth. Saving him for another expansion seems unnecessary, especially since he's pretty much in the spotlight right now. I think it'll be him and as an ending cinematic we'll catch a glimpse of Azeroth falling to corruption for the next expansion.

It could be, but I hope not honestly. I feel like even with the build up to him we've gotten in other expansions, he's still not really established enough if that makes sense? I'd love a full n'zoth/old god expansion, where he's like the lich king in the sense that he's a big bad we know about and work towards the WHOLE expansion. We haven't really had any of them since Cata with deathwing, but rather things that just kinda pop up part through the expansion.

8 minutes ago, Pandabuffel said:

I actually do believe it'll be N'zoth. Saving him for another expansion seems unnecessary

Could very much be that we go to Ny'alotha  but not actually dealing with N´zoth but saving Azeroth from some nefarious plot. They could just save Ny'alotha for a expansion with the Dragon Isles since thats also been hinted at alot. For the final boss, might just be N´zoth but only a small fragment or an avatar like how in Crucible of Storms we fight inside a part of him

Possible that it will be Wrathion as well -- lots going on with him since Mists. We kill him, set up Ebonhorn as the Earth Warder, then spend the next expansion going to the Dragon Isles to awaken new dragon aspects to replace the dead/dying ones. Necessary to defeat the rising Black Empire that will be reborn in 9.1 or 9.2. 

• Confused 1

I think Blizzard discussing their coin-flip approach to making Argus 7.3 or an entirely separate expansion is really telling when it comes to Nyalotha. I think they will save the sunken city for a grander debut.

Let's also not forget the whole sylvanas foreshadowing. A dark power told Vol'jin to make sylvanas warchief. Toran'gul at waycrest: "i'll wait for you in the death realm" and bwomsamdi being scared of his boss (probably from the death realm). The assasins going after us for wanting to know who made sylvanas warchief and Thrall and saurfang going in rebellion

Edited by Techneut92

6 hours ago, viralsack said:

Did we just skip the one character that the whole of alliance and half(or even more) of horde want to fight?

Sylvanas. Period.

More likely we will beat the *filtered* out of her during Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0. Which won't be the final patch of this expansion

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viralsack said:

Did we just skip the one character that the whole of alliance and half(or even more) of horde want to fight?

Sylvanas. Period.

Found the Alliance player on this thread.

Edited by Jperry21
  • Haha 1

I've made same very Wild Premonitions back at August 2018:

And then I continued enhancing those in this second part:

And finally, I've added some extra thoughts about what will happen with Sylvanas under a Lore Speculation video of Bellular on YouTube, that somewhat became part 3 of my babbles, summarizes previous ones too and it's here:

Not sure if they will happen since all are from my overactive imagination by using the breadcrumbs Blizzard laid for us.
But I know I would love a Black Empire unhappy ending for Battle for Azeroth.

We'll wait and see ;>

What about Alleria? Atleast she will be there, and i also believe that that is who Sylvanas ends up imprisoning in Xal'atath.

N'zoth is "good", and wants us to prepare to fight the "real" evil - the Pantheon.

Uncommon Patron
6 hours ago, Jperry21 said:

Found the Alliance player on this thread.

As viralsack said...there's plenty of Horde players who would like to see the end of Sylvanas.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pandabuffel said:

Not entirely sure about that. 'Mists of Pandaria' doesn't refer to Garrosh at all. Neither does 'Warlords of Draenor' to Archimonde. 'Battle for Azeroth' is broad enough that it can still refer to us in battle against N'zoth for Azeroth. To me your statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

For warlords there was actually a toy that updated with content patches that was a conversation between Archimonde and Kil’jaeden. The last piece of this conversation was basically Archimonde saying he would do it himself since Kil’jaeden’s plan failed. That toy was the Burning Legion Communicator I believe. So they eluded to Archimonde being a final boss long before he was.

Seems likely N'zoth might be the last boss this expansion, after we're done with Azshara. No reason to keep him alive, since they invented these Void Lords, Old Gods have been degraded to be their creations and servants, who only corrupt and mutate more servants to fight for them. We don't know how many Void Lords are out there or what they even look like, so they can drag this out. Honestly, I wish next expansion ends this storyline (and is more thematically diverse than Legion, as to not make it simply replace green stuff with purple stuff). They could have developed different villains rather easily. Since it's fantasy, even ordinary mortal can attain extraordinary power, so lack of serious enemy isn't an issue.

Void Lords are just another boring, faceless evil (didn't exist in the lore until around Legion), without any interesting motivations, they just intend to "consume" and attain titanic vessels for themselves. Sargeras, as he was, wasn't really interesting and barely fleshed out, but at least he was there in the background.

2 hours ago, Calysia said:

As viralsack said...there's plenty of Horde players who would like to see the end of Sylvanas.

No doubt. I, however, am not one of them.

I was mostly s#@tposting that person, as they had created an account soloely for saying "Sylvanas. Duh." like typical Alliance die hard behavior.

• Like 1