FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Threepwoods

Aff - Dots question (need urgent response)

Hey, really sorry for this question, it will sound noobish but a fellow lock in my guild has made me question myself.

Back in 5.2 or 3 i cant remember there was an exploit with SS if you unglyphed it where you could keep rolling a super dot. It was because when you SS:exhaled it kept the DOT power but reset the duration right?

This has now gone with SS change in 5.4 right? You cant roll a super empowered DOT past its pandemic duration right?

Really sorry but guildy has tested on dummies an thinks he has rolled a UA for 1 1/2 minutes?

Help!

There is a little trick going around where you can extend the power of your mega DoTs as long as you have multiple targets.  It's really only an issue on a fight like Protectors, so it's not heavily sought out.  Basically, you MG or Haunt in between Inhale and Exhale, you can extend your DoTs for a long time. 

In regards to keeping your mega DoTs for all of the fight as long as you have one additional target, that has been fixed.

By Inhaling your super strength dots, but not exhaling until a split second before the 4 second duration is up, you can extend your super powered dots for an obscene about of time.

Regarding Affdots, it unfortunately does not currently remember the strength of dots; it recalculates based on your CURRENT procs when you exhale. This means that if you inhale from a target which shows your relative strength at 20%, and exhale on to a fresh target, it will display your dot strength on the new target as 100%.