FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Knutsanity

Patch buffed gear question.

So I have a question about the patch and the rebuffed gear. Had an ancient wassani assaulter, was not changed. My buddy had a real nice primal Sin Seeker, was not changed. They are changed in the cube however. Not sure if being on xbox 1 makes a difference. But yeah any idea on whether they may do an update to change the gear we already had? Or should we just salvage and assume we need a new drop for them? I do know the chantando's set weapon/ offhand changed, but it would make sense the sets updated fine just like last time. Can't confirm the other rebuffed gear. All good either way, was a little sad I couldn't put a rapid fire build together, but I can wait. But if someone knows what's up there I'd like to know.

Also just a thought, love the T 16, makes the everything non GRs so much more worth it. Love the ancient puzzle ring change too. Money/gem helmet builds are a bit tougher to get 75 ready but that is fine. working in a 3pc sage bonus for death breaths seems impossible for any class. But I'll try and figure something out one day with jade's, tal rasha's or maybe even shadow's. But being on t 16 you get more DB's than ever anyway. Any combo's of sages 3 pc/broken crown/sets that can be t16 worthy and even work in a bit of money gear that you guys know of?

I think the rolls of the item (including affix) you have is fixed when the item rolls; rerolling it should roll with the New affix caps. 

For toughness values, Goldwrap/avarice/BotH still works wonders in t16. For Sage, You need a set which has Belt/ring or weapon to get the six piece set bonus (IK, Inna and Natalya pops up in my mind) and rorg. Itt willnot be the oneshot with low para, but a t15 with double db is better than t16. 

• Thanks 1

That makes a lot of sense thanks, so really just set items that get buffs won't have to be re rolled. Unfortunate to have an ancient or a primal since re rolling won't be likely to give you another primal or even ancient. For the Sage's yeah I was doing ok with the better 2pc and 4 pc bonuses. Jade's, shadows, Uliana's. But they were not that overpowered and safe for t13, so not speed farming anyway. Love the Inna's and IK idea's. thanks. leaves less room for money gear, but hey T 16 is great so I'll take what I can get. 

That seems like a fun and fast build. I did one up with Natalya's(5), Sage's(2), RoRG, and Rapid fire with the 2 legendary abilities and grenade rune, to go with the grenade RoV. Does insane damage. But If yours is good enough to easily kill T 16 then it is probably overkill and lacking the extra movement speed bonus. 

But yeah still stumped at thinking up a sage's/set/ broken crown helmet to take advantage of it all. Need a 2 or 4 set bonus good enough for T 16 probably. I like having a money build for puzzle ring runs, bounties now too. So given the puzzle ring part of that the gem helmet is a must. So I'm going to keep playing around on the D3 planner till i figure something out. I'll totally accept no Sage's or no broken crown if I have too, T 16 itself is awesome for more of everything needed. But I'll have my cake and eat it too if I can. However both idea's are fine in theory if the defence is fine in practice. I can replace the aquilla cuirass I was using in my build with the broken crown. Leaving 1 to 1.4 Max Toughness, depending on rolls, and on making sure all buffs are kept going. Yours could replace the gold belt with the hellcat, and the hellcat in the cube with the broken crown. 

You know what, I've talked myself into it. I'll generally stay around 500-700 Mil toughness and that is totally good enough for T 16 or GR 75. No room for money gear, like the gloves or belt, but that is fine, least of my worries. T 16 is amazing for money, all the gear can get a bit extra anyway, and the DB's and Gems are more important. I can even add in the extra movement speed, after using vault with the passive skill. 

But yeah, will be a fun build, options as well if the hatred drops from having to restart channelling more than the rapid fire LoN version. Can fit grenades easy which also cools down RoV. If an enemy is real tough the rapid fire is actually the powerful skill in the build so it is over powered for t 16. Even without getting the stacking up more than 4 seconds(In the D 3 planner). Or wait for 9 secs in a perfect world with the RoV Nat 6pc bonus. I'll still be playing around to find a better, more over powered, safer build for t 16, that has room for more money gear. But I'm quite satisfied if not, thanks ? You are always helping!

9 hours ago, Knutsanity said:

That seems like a fun and fast build. I did one up with Natalya's(5), Sage's(2), RoRG, and Rapid fire with the 2 legendary abilities and grenade rune, to go with the grenade RoV. Does insane damage. But If yours is good enough to easily kill T 16 then it is probably overkill and lacking the extra movement speed bonus. 

But yeah still stumped at thinking up a sage's/set/ broken crown helmet to take advantage of it all. Need a 2 or 4 set bonus good enough for T 16 probably. I like having a money build for puzzle ring runs, bounties now too. So given the puzzle ring part of that the gem helmet is a must. So I'm going to keep playing around on the D3 planner till i figure something out. I'll totally accept no Sage's or no broken crown if I have too, T 16 itself is awesome for more of everything needed. But I'll have my cake and eat it too if I can. However both idea's are fine in theory if the defence is fine in practice. I can replace the aquilla cuirass I was using in my build with the broken crown. Leaving 1 to 1.4 Max Toughness, depending on rolls, and on making sure all buffs are kept going. Yours could replace the gold belt with the hellcat, and the hellcat in the cube with the broken crown. 

You know what, I've talked myself into it. I'll generally stay around 500-700 Mil toughness and that is totally good enough for T 16 or GR 75. No room for money gear, like the gloves or belt, but that is fine, least of my worries. T 16 is amazing for money, all the gear can get a bit extra anyway, and the DB's and Gems are more important. I can even add in the extra movement speed, after using vault with the passive skill. 

But yeah, will be a fun build, options as well if the hatred drops from having to restart channelling more than the rapid fire LoN version. Can fit grenades easy which also cools down RoV. If an enemy is real tough the rapid fire is actually the powerful skill in the build so it is over powered for t 16. Even without getting the stacking up more than 4 seconds(In the D 3 planner). Or wait for 9 secs in a perfect world with the RoV Nat 6pc bonus. I'll still be playing around to find a better, more over powered, safer build for t 16, that has room for more money gear. But I'm quite satisfied if not, thanks ? You are always helping!

RF is way better in terms of damage, thanks to the legendary bonuses to it, but relies on herding positioning and Lightning fast vault action. You will also standing still for the duration of channel. Mine is a bit more focused on gaining as much movement speed as nephalemly possible while maintaining damage output on a decent level. After all, the whole point  of db farming is about elites, normal monsters are only for maintaining toughness from Goldwrap. The gold gloves and chest is seriously underwhelming in my opinion. 

With the advent of t16, i ran into another problem: i gain DB much faster than white blue and yellow materials. Even with convert to balance them out, i have more than 500 db in Season without db farm gear, and became starved on common materials. Any ideas?

Edited by Yolo
Typo

I don't do season. But oddly, found I'm running thinner on blue and yellow. Have much more orange (forgotten souls) and am gaining forgotten souls and DB's at a higher rate than blue and yellow now lol. So I have stopped ignoring blue and yellows while farming, just in case. Still at 8k blue and 9 k yellow, but like 15k orange. Always out of DB's, addicted to the enchantress and the upgrade rare recipe in the cube. Plus gems take em. So for me Sage's is still my hope. Thinking 2 pc Jade's too, not as powerful or safe, but probably powerful enough, room for the toughness money belt. 2 pc Jade's wasn't very good on T 13, but was very sub optimal in my gear when I tried it. D3 Planner tells me it can work with all ancients and the right ancients. The gloves and chest are very underwhelming, I don't even need the money much like I said, but they would help the belt give me more armour more consistently too. Jade's 2pc/sage's 2 pc+RoRG left room for all 3 money pieces and the helmet. 
As far as any idea's for the blue and yellow. Sorry man. Just farm farm farm is all I can say. Even go ham on a low difficulty level with a new class, so they can stay low level for longer, and so you don't have to constantly spend them on the blacksmith while leveling, since it won't be hard or unsafe. Maybe a witch doctor slowly up to 50, in case you need those pants for an LoN build for your main spec at some point. Or even just play on normal difficulty with your main class for a while. I'd hate that, I'm stuck always trying to make it as hard as I can handle with each class, I just can't back off and speed farm or anything. Even having to do normal rifts and bounties bugs me lol. The last 3 or 4 new characters I got up to lvl 70 on hardcore were at T6 to start. Think our very first was master. And we went up a T each time after that until 6. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Less nice stuff and more garbage would drop. 

Edited by Knutsanity

2 hours ago, Knutsanity said:

I don't do season. But oddly, found I'm running thinner on blue and yellow. Have much more orange (forgotten souls) and am gaining forgotten souls and DB's at a higher rate than blue and yellow now lol. So I have stopped ignoring blue and yellows while farming, just in case. Still at 8k blue and 9 k yellow, but like 15k orange. Always out of DB's, addicted to the enchantress and the upgrade rare recipe in the cube. Plus gems take em. So for me Sage's is still my hope. Thinking 2 pc Jade's too, not as powerful or safe, but probably powerful enough, room for the toughness money belt. 2 pc Jade's wasn't very good on T 13, but was very sub optimal in my gear when I tried it. D3 Planner tells me it can work with all ancients and the right ancients. The gloves and chest are very underwhelming, I don't even need the money much like I said, but they would help the belt give me more armour more consistently too. Jade's 2pc/sage's 2 pc+RoRG left room for all 3 money pieces and the helmet. 
As far as any idea's for the blue and yellow. Sorry man. Just farm farm farm is all I can say. Even go ham on a low difficulty level with a new class, so they can stay low level for longer, and so you don't have to constantly spend them on the blacksmith while leveling, since it won't be hard or unsafe. Maybe a witch doctor slowly up to 50, in case you need those pants for an LoN build for your main spec at some point. Or even just play on normal difficulty with your main class for a while. I'd hate that, I'm stuck always trying to make it as hard as I can handle with each class, I just can't back off and speed farm or anything. Even having to do normal rifts and bounties bugs me lol. The last 3 or 4 new characters I got up to lvl 70 on hardcore were at T6 to start. Think our very first was master. And we went up a T each time after that until 6. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Less nice stuff and more garbage would drop. 

I'm all about garbage if that means more nice things when added up ?Maybe i'll try make a full speed gear and then run low diff chatedral/agony/secheron/firstborn runs. They have a lot of armor and weapon racks for whites, because whites give more materiális, then convert them.