FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warcraft Logs - A Comprehensive Guide

There is another cool feature that you can use to track strategy mistakes, on the top tabs, if you click on "Replay" it will show you the positioning of every player of your raid during the fight, you can use it to see if a player is standing where he shouldn't. We used it to see which players were taking too long to remove people from prisons on heroic sha, we also used it on heroic protectors to see which players were stacking inside the bubble, and not on the edge, on sun's desperate measures because Rook was wiping the raid using his whirlwind inside the bubble.

I'm going to work on this more, but from this list, I can tell who had it, and when they got Power of the Titans, which is valuable in it's own.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D82zkpV1ZBbvfG6H#fight=29&type=auras&spells=debuffs&pins=0%24true%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24146594^0%24true%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24144364^0%24true%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24144359&view=events

Using those pins in conjunction with this replay yields us some more information:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D82zkpV1ZBbvfG6H#fight=29&pins=0%24true%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24146594^0%24true%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24144364^0%24true%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24144359&view=replay

On the second one, which didn't proc Power at all, these people had Gift:

00:48:18.054 Soleirissa is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Asics is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Aiiress is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Xeight is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Octogen is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Lydarria is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Orcris is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:18.054 Slohginfizz is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

So we can go to that timestamp in the replay, and look for each player.  (Remember that the replay is relative time, where as the event log is server time).  33 seconds in is when it goes out.  At 40, you go down for corrupted, but Asics and Lydarria still haven't moved to the stack in that 7 seconds.

Lets look at the third one:

00:48:43.340 Zohd is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.340 Honiko is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.340 Oladeath is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.347 Cortisol is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.347 Xeight is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.347 Octogen is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.347 Cowrona is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:48:43.347 Orcris is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

7 seconds into this buff, Cowrona dies, and obviously that's going to hinder your Gift stack, so I'm going to skip that one.  If that happens, you often just don't get Power.

And the fourth one:

00:49:08.753 Asics is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.753 Meatshock is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.753 Cortisol is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.753 Xeight is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.753 Hotwatermagi is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.753 Orcris is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.753 Untouchables is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

00:49:08.804 Qwan is afflicted by Gift of the Titans from Norushen

1:23 is when this one goes out.  Looking at 10 seconds later, Untouchables still hasn't made an attempt to stack.  I also don't see Xeight in the group.  Asics makes it in that time.  At 16 seconds later, Untouchables finally gets it and stacks, but Xeight is still in Never Neverland.

Edited by Hybrys
  • Like 1

I got that list by going to Debuffs, pinning both Gift of the Titans (there are two unique ones, because of lazy programming) and Power of the Titans, then hitting Event View.  I can now look at the right side of the log for it to mark when these debuffs are gained or fade from which targets.  (Which is what the pins do.)

Check out my earlier post for my analysis.

Edited by Hybrys

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but ProRaiders.com now uses WarcraftLogs as a reference now too, to go along w/ raidbots and WoL.

I can't figure out why my name isn't listed in our Warcraft Logs. I am listed on the first two fights, which is amusing, considering it was the first night of patch, and it took me till then to realize my raid frames weren't working tongue.png

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/72AxwJ8RtT6NfCbF#type=summary&fight=3

it's a bug, I think.

http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3930

Beat me to it, was going to resurrect it to let everyone know that Mythic is up and running w/ patch 6.0 on WCL  :)

Make sure if you want to be eligible for mythic rankings that you have "Advanced Combat Logging" turned on in your wow settings.

Make sure if you want to be eligible for mythic rankings that you have "Advanced Combat Logging" turned on in your wow settings.

For anyone who is logging to both WCL and AMR like me, it's my understanding that the Ask Mr Robot addon (which will auto-log fights) will automatically turn this on for you.

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2014/06/combat-logs-deaths-resources-the-kitchen-sink/

http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?board=32.0

I'm learning how to play Demonology and I'd like to analyse whether my Hand of Gul'dan Shadowflame charges are being stacked, or whether I'm hitting the second charge too late and letting the first Shadowflame stack fall off. How do I examine this in WarcraftLogs?

I've been logging my guild raids for the last few weeks, and I've noticed that sometimes fights are missing. We might have three wipes on Brackenspore, but only two of them will get logged, or in the case this week, only the wipe got logged and the kill didn't get logged at all.

I was previously using the auto logging function in the AskMrRobot addon, but this week I switched to LoggerHead. I don't mess with the logs during the raid, and only upload them in their entirety at the conclusion of the raid.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and does anyone know how to ensure that all attempts are logged and not omitted?

Also, could someone please point me to where I can find out which flasks are being used by which raid member? I had thought that this information would be found under the 'Buffs' tab, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and does anyone know how to ensure that all attempts are logged and not omitted?

Haven't seen it. What happens if you use the AMR addon to log for WCL? I use AMR to log then I livelog to AskMrRobot/WarcraftLogs/WorldOfLogs.

Also, could someone please point me to where I can find out which flasks are being used by which raid member? I had thought that this information would be found under the 'Buffs' tab, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Flasks aren't tracked in WCL. 

http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4250&hilit=flask

http://forums.warcraftlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4068&hilit=flask

There was some talk of tracking them in AMR by using the addon to snapshot data, but I don't think it has happened (yet?).

http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=9512.0

It's not really that they are 'not' tracked, more that if its not in the log data when they gain the buff, the log doesn't know about it.

Haven't seen it. What happens if you use the AMR addon to log for WCL? I use AMR to log then I livelog to AskMrRobot/WarcraftLogs/WorldOfLogs.

Previously I was using the AMR addon and I experienced the same issue described above. It wouldn't always happen, but it occurred frequently enough (1 out of every 3 or 4 raids logged) to become frustrating as only about 95% of the night's raid would be recorded, and there would be fights missing. I had thought that it might be the AMR auto-logging addon, which is why I switched to LoggerHead, but the issue still seemed to occur.

I find the "Problems" tab really helpful, but Warcraftlogs automatically defaults to ignoring all events after 3 players have died.

One of our best tries on Gorefiend was 4 minutes long but it stops showing events after 2 mins because 3 raiders died, so I cannot see how we performed through the Feast of Souls phase and beyond.

How do I change this to say, 6 players? I have tried changing the number in the box under the graph but nothing happens.

This really is a fantastic tool and I keep finding more and more useful things... amazing smile.png

Ummm, since I posted my question it's been answered for me by a fellow guildie... to change the "ignore all events after 3 players have died", just type in the number of players and press enter.  Why didn't I think of that?

*slopes away quietly and dies*

• Like 1

On 15/04/2018 at 7:18 AM, zviff said:

I wanted to upload the raid ID into wowanalyzer. where can i find that?

Just copy and paste the URL.