FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mode

Need advice on how to became great warlock

Shadow Priests are also pretty sick at them w/ 3orb DP.

As for yourself, just make sure you go with 3 embers so you can 2x Chaos Bolt and then Shadowburn.

Have your portal down to get their quicker and make sure you use gateway to return asap.

If you're still struggling to kill him then save conflagrate for when the engineer spawns and use it twice as you're making your way over to gain 6 backdraft charges before you get in range.

Need some critics if i am going better or going down...

New logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hp39wlrvm0rfauq4/details/2/

First day of this week raiding:

• Immerseus - immolate up time 55%, quite low, but still half of fight we are dealing with oozes. Chaos bolt main dps gain. 
  • The fallen Protectors - immolate up time 88%
  • Norushen - immolate up time 98%
  • Sha of Pride - immolate up time 87%
  • Galakras - immolate up time just 31% (again i was send to towers)
  • Iron Juggernaut - immolate up time 95%
  • Dark Shamans - immolate up time 87% (thank you for advice with havoc)
  • Nazgrim - immolate up time 96%. Thank you Zagam!
  • Malkorok - immolate up time 97%
  • Spoils of pandaria - lets not talk about that.
  • Thok - immolate up time 89%
  • SiegeCrafter - immolate up time 82%

Where are some fights where it looks like that i am doing everything good:

For example Nazgrim.. Chaos bolt is main dps gain. Immolate up time is nice...

But looking in overall i am still not doing good. My ilvl gear is 562, i should be doing about 300k dmg, but in the reality i am doing about 200+k

So deeper analysis of logs and advices would be very very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mode

300k single target around 562 is going to be with perfect play.  I think a reasonable single target goal for you should be around 260-280k.  RNG will swing this heavily.  I can't analyze WoL parses at work...if you load it into Warcraftlogs, I'm all over it.  Now that your focus on Immolate uptime is better, begin your focus on optimizing Chaos Bolt damage and using Shadowburn religiously.  You're right to tackle one situation at a time...this is how you properly optimize without overloading your circuits.  Keep up the good work.

A tip for fights with adds e.g. nazgrim/spoils.

Never chaos bolt if you're not at or near 2 full embers. If you chaos bolt an unstable spark with 1.5 embers, you will not be able to shadowburn it in time. You just lost out on a shadowburn plus a potential chaos bolt. That's like 2M damage or close to it.

Furthermore, whilst you were incinerating back to 1 ember, you missed out on shadowburning 2 more adds. More damage lost. More potential embers wasted.

Make this mistake a few times and you're talking 10, 20, 30M damage lost depending on theoretical fight length and just how badly you ember starved yourself.

For this reason I always like to hover at 2 embers in heavy add fights.

This, of course, highly depends on the speed with which your group kills adds. I can almost never get a Shadowburn off on sparks, so it's not really worth it for me to worry about having that ember. Granted, I'm sniping everything else under 20% that moves so I have plenty of embers anyway, but when sparks come out I can't get the spell off before it dies. This is occasionally true on Nazgrim, though I am able to usually get one at least on each mob.

The main point was to never let yourself get into the situation where you end up unable to shadowburn something.

I've done it once or twice myself (when focusing down a priority target) and kicked myself afterwards for it. 

I have a question about haste cap. Is there any haste cap for destro warlock?

No cap that you need to meet and/or not go over. Haste and crit are handsdown under mastery in value, the difference between thaste and crit however are roughly equal. Many of the warlocks in heroic gear levels (myself included) go for the absolute lowest amount of haste that we can get due to how easy it is to GCD cap.

In a 25 man, I kept my stats with Haste = Crit.  I still have it that way and have no issues pumping massive DPS.  There are, however, situations where I'm GCD capped, albeit it is rare and very far and few between such as having TR proc during BL.  M>C>H tends to win out single target, but if you are using FnB, Haste starts to help out a bit (again, we're talking minor differences). 

Hello friends warlocks!

Here are new logs from yesterday raiding part: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q6kpwhgwmac34jzq/details/58/?enc=kills

any advice is very appreciated!

As i can say to my self, my immolate up time went down but i got better on chaos bolt prioritising....

So i need to get back with my immolate and try to have the same chaos bolt "prioritising"...

on Galakras fight as always i was sent to towers to deal with them.

p.s I don't know if you guys have the same issue with raiding group like i had yesterday.. It seams that sometimes raiding group get brain washed and they forget how to kill boss...so during the fight sometimes i end up resurrecting someone...

Today our guild did it.. Killed garrosh hellscream at last! :)

Logs:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ftGmWg9HpkjbDq7c#type=damage-done&source=4

immolate up time: 89%

chaos bolt main spell for dps gain.

shadowburn cast 16 times

But still i feel under.. and doing something wrong..

Can you guys take a look to logs and tell your opinion what i should do better.

Thanks in advance!

There's not a whole lot to be said. Your average Chaos Bolt was over 1M, which is about as much as can be expected at your item level going for the haste cap over crit. Immolate uptime is going to be a little lower given times you can't attack the boss. The only thing that sticks out to me is your Dark Soul usage - you're late using it. In the opener, your PBI proc was almost over when you used it. From that point on, you never had them up at the same time. You should be hitting Dark Soul immediately at the start of the fight. After that, you should hold Dark soul up to ~10 seconds every time it becomes available and use it once PBI procs (after ~10 seconds you need to just go ahead and use it).

Thank you Kazistrasz for bringing it to light! 

Sometimes i am very into the fight and sometimes i go to situation where i am clicking button to active Dark Soul (at the same time i am still casting Incinerate) and pressing on CB... and finishing by casting chaos bolt without Dark Soul... :|

Next week we will start doing heroic mode.. any advices from your experience would be appreciated!

We will go for Immerseus/Norushen/Galakras and General Nazgrim...

I am very bad when it comes to move with warlock. Maybe Zagam you can give me some advice here?

For example i am running to take black pool from Malkorok. How to do dps when?

I would recommend looking over your current keybinds.  If you are not running KC (i.e. AD for 2xdark souls) then you need to get creative with being productive while you are moving.

My priority list while moving:

conflag > RoF > fel flame

Since those are your go-to moving abilities, make sure they are on comfortable keybinds.  I use shift + w for conflag, mouse wheel RoF, and c for fel flame this way I can use these abilities comfortably while strafing.

• Like 1

Unsure what you mean about improving Shadowburn with bosses dying too fast.  There's absolutely no way you're unable to get off 4 globals in the time it takes any boss to get from 20% to 0%.  The goal is to use all of your embers before a fight ends.  I tend to sit on my embers waiting for a trinket proc or Dark Soul unless the fight is about to end.  I dump all of my Shadowburns when a boss hits 2-3% regardless of trinket procs.  Do NOT use Shadowburn on CD with no procs up in execute phase.  Treat it like you do Chaos Bolt before execute phase.

Wanted to quote this for emphasis, this is soo huge.

If you time it correctly and go into execute phase with 4 embers + trinket proc you will see enormous spikes in dps.  If there is a boss where you can cleave with havoc (dark shaman) even better.  I've noticed a strong execute phase can push 250k dps bosses into the 300k range.

Need some critics if i am going better or going down...

New logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hp39wlrvm0rfauq4/details/2/

First day of this week raiding:

• Immerseus - immolate up time 55%, quite low, but still half of fight we are dealing with oozes. Chaos bolt main dps gain. 
  • The fallen Protectors - immolate up time 88%
  • Norushen - immolate up time 98%
  • Sha of Pride - immolate up time 87%
  • Galakras - immolate up time just 31% (again i was send to towers)
  • Iron Juggernaut - immolate up time 95%
  • Dark Shamans - immolate up time 87% (thank you for advice with havoc)
  • Nazgrim - immolate up time 96%. Thank you Zagam!
  • Malkorok - immolate up time 97%
  • Spoils of pandaria - lets not talk about that.
  • Thok - immolate up time 89%
  • SiegeCrafter - immolate up time 82%

Where are some fights where it looks like that i am doing everything good:

For example Nazgrim.. Chaos bolt is main dps gain. Immolate up time is nice...

But looking in overall i am still not doing good. My ilvl gear is 562, i should be doing about 300k dmg, but in the reality i am doing about 200+k

So deeper analysis of logs and advices would be very very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

I'm not a pro lock or anything but I feel like can speak to your performance b/c I'm raiding at an almost identical gear level (560 ilevel).  I won't go into details like immolate/CB etc I'll just give you my impression based off experience with these encounters in flex/normal raids.

Immersus - 179k, that's solid this is a glorified loot boss anyway like void reaver in TK.  Completely dependent on raid dps, I vary from 175k-225k depending on how good my group is.

Protectors - 266k, that's pretty low.  I don't think I've been under 300k on this boss in a month.  15 CBs and 4 shadowburns tells me not enough havoc cleaving.

Noru - 211k, that's solid.  I vary 200k-300k depending on orb priority.

Sha - 266k, extremely low unless you got very unlucky w/ prisons & titans buff.  I'm usually hoovering 300k-350k.  This is a direct result of not havoc + shadowburning little adds or big add in back.

Galakras - 324k, solid work.  AoE bombs and snooze fest till boss drops.

Jugger - 254k, solid work.  This is a good true test of your single target rotation w/o adds to havoc.  Good immolate uptime, only critique is you should have a bit more damage from CB.

Shaman - 268k, that's pretty low since the encounter was short (less than 5 min).  I haven't been below 300k on this in about a month.

Best of luck to you, you have a great attitude and I'm sure you will improve quickly.  I just wanted to give you some feedback as to how you stack up with a less experienced lock.

I'm not a pro lock or anything but I feel like can speak to your performance b/c I'm raiding at an almost identical gear level (560 ilevel).  I won't go into details like immolate/CB etc I'll just give you my impression based off experience with these encounters in flex/normal raids.

Immersus - 179k, that's solid this is a glorified loot boss anyway like void reaver in TK.  Completely dependent on raid dps, I vary from 175k-225k depending on how good my group is.

Protectors - 266k, that's pretty low.  I don't think I've been under 300k on this boss in a month.  15 CBs and 4 shadowburns tells me not enough havoc cleaving.

Noru - 211k, that's solid.  I vary 200k-300k depending on orb priority.

Sha - 266k, extremely low unless you got very unlucky w/ prisons & titans buff.  I'm usually hoovering 300k-350k.  This is a direct result of not havoc + shadowburning little adds or big add in back.

Galakras - 324k, solid work.  AoE bombs and snooze fest till boss drops.

Jugger - 254k, solid work.  This is a good true test of your single target rotation w/o adds to havoc.  Good immolate uptime, only critique is you should have a bit more damage from CB.

Shaman - 268k, that's pretty low since the encounter was short (less than 5 min).  I haven't been below 300k on this in about a month.

Best of luck to you, you have a great attitude and I'm sure you will improve quickly.  I just wanted to give you some feedback as to how you stack up with a less experienced lock.

Those details are what actually matter. 266k could be low on Protectors, but there are a whole lot of other factors ("details") that can affect all of these things. 211k on Norushen, for example. Who took the logs? You absolutely cannot compare what you see on your Skada/Recount to this log if he's not the one logging.  Their prot paladin is recording the logs, so there's the entire 40-seconds the paladin was down, and then he was down for the next 40. Even with those types of things aside, RNG has such a humongous swing from week-to-week that you could easily be pulling these numbers next week when you "haven't been below 300k on this in about a month."

I don't say this to be mean, but to point out that what you essentially said is, "I'm not going to actually look into this; I'm instead going to just say some filler stuff that won't mean anything." 

On top of this, you're also looking his log from 3 weeks ago, when he's since posted more recent logs that we've looked at and given further critique on with his improvement in mind. 

Wanted to quote this for emphasis, this is soo huge.

If you time it correctly and go into execute phase with 4 embers + trinket proc you will see enormous spikes in dps.  If there is a boss where you can cleave with havoc (dark shaman) even better.  I've noticed a strong execute phase can push 250k dps bosses into the 300k range.

No. Don't do this. If you can avoid it, don't hit 4 embers. Period. When you hit 4 embers, you are wasting emberbits. Yes to havoc, but what you really want to hope for are procs. You should be using havoc on any adds possible throughout a fight to get some Shadowburn damage on the boss (the extra embers from killing them may put you to four, but this is basically THE ONLY TIME you want to hit 4 embers outside of FNB on a big pack). You generally speaking want to treat Shadowburn just like Chaos Bolt in the execute range - save your embers and only use at 3.5 unless you get procs/CDs. Your best case scenario for execute is that you get DS sub 20% with both trinkets at the same time (requires a bit of luck). If you don't need your second pot for a specific point in the fight, this is the best place to use it.

I would recommend looking over your current keybinds.  If you are not running KC (i.e. AD for 2xdark souls) then you need to get creative with being productive while you are moving.

My priority list while moving:

conflag > RoF > fel flame

Since those are your go-to moving abilities, make sure they are on comfortable keybinds.  I use shift + w for conflag, mouse wheel RoF, and c for fel flame this way I can use these abilities comfortably while strafing.

If you've got a lot of movement going on, you should absolutely 100% of the time be taking KJC. Fel-flame is weak sauce and drains mana (Yes, destro has high mana regen, but it is still possible to oom yourself using RoF and FF as they both have high mana costs).

If it's a phase with a little bit of light movement that you really think you want to try AD on (basically recommend this for 0 out of 14 fights even in normal mode), you want to quickly move the minimum distance possible, trying to keep it in one global if you can for an instant cast spell. But, given how subpar FF is, any movement should automatically merit KJC as Destro.

Those details are what actually matter. 266k could be low on Protectors, but there are a whole lot of other factors ("details") that can affect all of these things. 211k on Norushen, for example. Who took the logs? You absolutely cannot compare what you see on your Skada/Recount to this log if he's not the one logging.  Their prot paladin is recording the logs, so there's the entire 40-seconds the paladin was down, and then he was down for the next 40. Even with those types of things aside, RNG has such a humongous swing from week-to-week that you could easily be pulling these numbers next week when you "haven't been below 300k on this in about a month."

I don't say this to be mean, but to point out that what you essentially said is, "I'm not going to actually look into this; I'm instead going to just say some filler stuff that won't mean anything." 

On top of this, you're also looking his log from 3 weeks ago, when he's since posted more recent logs that we've looked at and given further critique on with his improvement in mind. 

No. Don't do this. If you can avoid it, don't hit 4 embers. Period. When you hit 4 embers, you are wasting emberbits. Yes to havoc, but what you really want to hope for are procs. You should be using havoc on any adds possible throughout a fight to get some Shadowburn damage on the boss (the extra embers from killing them may put you to four, but this is basically THE ONLY TIME you want to hit 4 embers outside of FNB on a big pack). You generally speaking want to treat Shadowburn just like Chaos Bolt in the execute range - save your embers and only use at 3.5 unless you get procs/CDs. Your best case scenario for execute is that you get DS sub 20% with both trinkets at the same time (requires a bit of luck). If you don't need your second pot for a specific point in the fight, this is the best place to use it.

If you've got a lot of movement going on, you should absolutely 100% of the time be taking KJC. Fel-flame is weak sauce and drains mana (Yes, destro has high mana regen, but it is still possible to oom yourself using RoF and FF as they both have high mana costs).

If it's a phase with a little bit of light movement that you really think you want to try AD on (basically recommend this for 0 out of 14 fights even in normal mode), you want to quickly move the minimum distance possible, trying to keep it in one global if you can for an instant cast spell. But, given how subpar FF is, any movement should automatically merit KJC as Destro.

I agree with all of your points I just want to provide some clarification without derailing, i.e. his performance:

1.  I look at a 3 week old parse b/c he seemed to have the widest range of boss attempts.  Like you said, there are soo many variables on bosses that its tough to just look at "garrosh damage done".

2.  My opinion is that he was asking two questions in this thread, 1. What are some of the details/mechanics that I can improve, 2.  How am I doing?  I believe that #1 was answered by several people and I tried to give him feedback from #2 as a like-geared player.

3.  You obviously never sit on 4 embers and wait for execute but if you can carry a trinket proc into beginning of execute and start spamming shadowburn at >3.5 embers you definitely want to do that.  If you are about to enter execute range, you are better off refreshing immolate even if you are at >3.5 embers but you will have instants for shadowburn shortly.

4.  Fel flame is weak and lowest priority and I agree in movement heavy fights KJC > AD.  To my knowledge I haven't seen numbers that specifically indicate when you should swap to KJC or for which boss.  There are some recommendations in warlock SOO guide.  When I glance at my parses, if I see >10 fel flames on a boss I start considering swapping to KJC.  

I tried to give him feedback from #2 as a like-geared player.

The problem is that "like-geared" means nothing. 5 weeks in to Heroic ToT when I was changing from my prot pally to my warlock as my full time main, I put down a US 18 (something around 420k dps) rank as Aff on Heroic Tortos with a 472 ilvl. I did this through amazing RNG and gimmicking the hell out of the fight. Note, I was NOT using the bug that was later hot fixed. What I was doing is still doable today.

Month or two ago before Zag and I were raiding in the same raid together he whispers me saying he just did a #30 something parse on Heroic Protecters, did something around 440k DPS as destro. About an hour later after my raid started and we killed Protecters I whispered him back linking my #8 US parse, something around 550k DPS. Zag at the time had about 4 or 5 Ilvl over me. Why was my parse more then 100k DPS higher then his? Because the people I was raiding with were smarter then the people he was raiding with.

His group still had all of the bosses spread all fight, so he was unable to keep RoF down and gain mad embers. His raid's DPS was also a lot lower then mine was and they took about 1min 30sec longer to kill the fight then my raid did.

My raid grouped all the bosses up and basically AoE'd them down.

Now that Zag and I are raiding together he still has a few ilvl on me but we pull about the same numbers, sometimes he beats me by 100k, sometimes I beat him by 100k. It mostly depends on the fight, our job in the fight, and what kind of RNG we get. I've seen him drop 2mil openers on the same pull that I only break 800k by a hair. RNG is a cruel mistress. 

"Like-geared" means nothing.

4.  Fel flame is weak and lowest priority and I agree in movement heavy fights KJC > AD.  To my knowledge I haven't seen numbers that specifically indicate when you should swap to KJC or for which boss.  There are some recommendations in warlock SOO guide.  When I glance at my parses, if I see >10 fel flames on a boss I start considering swapping to KJC.  

Providing "numbers" on something like that isn't really something that can be done. It would need a massive amount of WoL data and a huge amount of processing power. This is one of the gaps between the theoretical and the practical. 

AD isn't very strong because DS isn't very strong. As a ember builder DS is rather nice, as a ember consumer damage boost DS is shit. If it was 30% mastery I would take AD on almost every boss, but 30% crit just isn't impressive.

Removing the ability to move and maintain almost normal rotation also frees up a lot of other things, like not having to micro manage anything. Having to worry about mana, clipping a spell to move from fire, etc. is just more work then it's worth on every Heroic fight.

Even if you're not doing heroics, unless you plan on staying in normal's forever, there is no reason to train yourself in to bad habits when you're then going to move in to another difficulty level that requires a new way of reasoning.

Hope it helps mate.

• Like 2

Locky,

Great thanks for the feedback and input on raid dps variability.  Honestly I have not raided with that many great/competent players lately.  I'm currently in a 12/14 heroic guild but I rarely raid with the main group and I mainly do regular content.  I used to raid seriously i.e. top level in TBC and I recently just got back into it (took a pve break in Wotlk and Cata, farming Naxx in 10/25 man burned me out).  To my knowledge (there weren't as many dedicated forums at the time, just wowlogs and Elitist Jerks) i was the first lock US to break 2k dps on brutalis (I know LOL @ tbc raiding at 2k dps).

I'm providing this background info about myself not to brag but to point out that I am just returning, not quite up to date yet, but a competent player that has confidence in what I learn/observe.

With that said, I totally get what you are saying about raid variability.  If I'm with a strong group that drops a boss in 5 min instead of 8 min a larger % of my time will be spent under bloodlust and I'll finish with higher dps.  I get that, however even with such variability I still think it's possible to identify a performance "floor" instead of "ceiling".

Look at LFR and Flex for example, they will do everything wrong, encounter positioning, taking advantage of mechanics (gift of titans), and stupid bloodlusts but you can still expect a certain level of performance.  You aren't going to get a nice grouping on protectors and push 500k in LFR and flex unless by some miracle you got solid tanks and dps.  However, no matter how badly that encounter goes you should able able to maintain 300k if you are above 560 ilevel with decent trinkets.

That's all I'm trying to add to the conversation.  Everyone else knows far more than I do about maximizing rotations, boss mechanics, and analyzing parses.  I was just trying to contribute a "floor" that I feel a warlock can attain even with terrible raid play on certain bosses.  The bosses that I use to evaluate my play/rotations are Protectors, Sha, Juggernaut, Dark shaman every other boss has far too much variability or quirky mechanics.  I feel that no matter how shitty the group I'm going to do 300k on protectors and 250k on sha.

Guest garmeth06

Am I missing out majorly on dps gain if I use unglyphed havoc to chaos bolt on protectors?

I use havoc religiously, 17 uses in our guilds enrage kill on protectors, I died to the anguish which two shot me through sacrifical pact as I was like the 6th person to get it. I probably could have seen 19 uses had I not died.

I bring this question up for two reasons, 

1.  Although glyph of havoc allows me to do some boss damage during procs, the cooldown increase is slightly more than double for only double the uses. Theoretically this could be a bad trade off, but this might not matter in a practical application.

2. I feel like my protectors dps is bad. At the time I simmed for 270k single target, and I could only push a maximum of 310k on that fight as destro with oodles of cleaving opportunity. Given the fight lasted 10 minutes ( bloodlust and initial burst has a low factor on the overall fight at that duration), we didn't stack any of the bosses until all desperate measures were spent, and I dont have legendary cape for extra cleave, I still feel like I can do a lot more. Every single dps does matter for me in this situation, we are coming within seconds of the enrage. If I can do maybe 30k more, that may allow for an extra death while still getting the kill.

I know for a fact my immolate uptime on all three bosses is very good, but perhaps glyph of havoc is the extra piece of the puzzle I'm missing. I did want to try out affliction to help with the enrage, but seeing as I dont have a legendary meta, and the fight lasts for 10 minutes, I think that might even do worst than my destro.

If I do decide to go with glyph of havoc, people say that in the 1 minute interval where I use it WITHOUT procs, I should use incenerate/conflag to generate embers instead of chaos bolt. Why? I'm simply going to use those extra embers on a 15% buffed chaos bolt from my 4 piece that will do 750k damage.

Edited by garmeth06

You're not missing out - I glyph it because it's one less GCD per minute I have to use, and I can properly use all 6 charges.  The beauty of the Havoc glyph in your opener is you get to use 2 Chaos Bolts on two targets with all procs alive instead of just one.  This alone is worth upwards of 5,000,000 damage.  Later on in the fight, you'll want to use it on CD and it'll line up with Dark Soul and PBI again. 

310k should be a suitable single target DPS - on anything with cleave, it's pretty bad.  You should be keeping Immolate up on 3 targets which will easily account for 100k+ DPS.  Using Havoc and the increased ember generation should put you over 400k easily.  If you do any stacking/cleaving, then 500k+ is doable.  The Havoc Glyph isn't going to make you go up 90k to push over the 400k threshold.  The Glyph also provides some nice uses such as on Sha of Pride having it always be up for 6 charges on the Manifestation of Pride.  For Paragons, I use it by applying Havoc to Rikkal and using Immolate + 2x Conflag + 3x Incincerate to get to 3.5+ Burning Embers in about 5 globals that enable me to cast 3 mega charged Chaos Bolts into Skeer.  If both could take actual damage, I'd Chaos Bolt.  Similarly, on Megaera, you'd be better off using Ember generating abilities.

If you'll do real damage to something, cleave Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn.

If you'll do fake damage to something, cleave with Incinerate/Conflag/Immo.

• Like 2

Guest garmeth06

You're not missing out - I glyph it because it's one less GCD per minute I have to use, and I can properly use all 6 charges.  The beauty of the Havoc glyph in your opener is you get to use 2 Chaos Bolts on two targets with all procs alive instead of just one.  This alone is worth upwards of 5,000,000 damage.  Later on in the fight, you'll want to use it on CD and it'll line up with Dark Soul and PBI again. 

310k should be a suitable single target DPS - on anything with cleave, it's pretty bad.  You should be keeping Immolate up on 3 targets which will easily account for 100k+ DPS.  Using Havoc and the increased ember generation should put you over 400k easily.  If you do any stacking/cleaving, then 500k+ is doable.  The Havoc Glyph isn't going to make you go up 90k to push over the 400k threshold.  The Glyph also provides some nice uses such as on Sha of Pride having it always be up for 6 charges on the Manifestation of Pride.  For Paragons, I use it by applying Havoc to Rikkal and using Immolate + 2x Conflag + 3x Incincerate to get to 3.5+ Burning Embers in about 5 globals that enable me to cast 3 mega charged Chaos Bolts into Skeer.  If both could take actual damage, I'd Chaos Bolt.  Similarly, on Megaera, you'd be better off using Ember generating abilities.

If you'll do real damage to something, cleave Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn.

If you'll do fake damage to something, cleave with Incinerate/Conflag/Immo.

310k single target at 555??? I had 98% immolate uptime that fight. Is there anything seriously wrong here?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RBNGTvpYcx9kdDHL#type=damage-done&fight=52&source=1

Chaos bolt avg is extremely low because I used it on cooldown with havoc, having some in the 650k range. on IJ my avg chaos bolt in my latest gear at 558 is 1.1 mil, but I still can only do 270k.