FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nefigah

Soloing

Are warriors viable for soloing older content? (Stuff like the MoP dungeons, cata raids, etc.) I wouldn't expect them to be like DKs in this regard, but I'm curious what you've been able to accomplish. Any tips regarding talents/glyphs would be nice too.

So far it seems like Second Wind is very useful, but it can be rather scary having to sit at such low health...

MoP dungeons are easily doable. They were easy back in ToT. I'd say about a 510 ilvl is sufficient. Second Wind is the key for the MoP heroic dungeons. You'll definitely want Mass Spell Reflection as the other two on that tier are useless solo. Other than that, Dragon Roar or Bladestorm will be fine. Current 2p makes most things ridiculously easy. If you get low on health, you can spam even low vengeance SBars and they'll likely expire before being fully used, which means you be gaining 30% of any damage going out as long as you keep your rage gen up. You can actually get yourself back to full HP this way. I was soloing Nalak using this method until people showed up and ruined the solo part of soloing. /fistshake

I haven't really tried Cata dungeons solo for the most part. Alysrazor in Firelands is easily doable. You really don't need anything special to get her down. I'd imagine Shannox is fairly easy and Beth is likely doable. I'm not sure you be able to output enough damage to turn Rhyolith.

Older raids than that are pretty easy. If you're trying to get H LK down, you'll actually need Impending Victory to be able to top yourself off.

Thanks for the advice! 

One more thing, what about gear? Do you try to use as much DPS gear as possible, or does avoidance+riposte work too?

Things are coming along! I was able to solo a warbringer as prot last night, which I'm sure is cake for all of you, but for me and my paltry 500 ilvls it was a bit of an accomplishment :) It did take a long time though.

• Like 1

Estarriol, as im german i dont unterstand 2 points in your post:

- what does "current 2p" mean?

- what does "low vengeance sbars" mean

I dont get what the short forms mean...

Many thanks for your post and your further specifications

Estarriol, as im german i dont unterstand 2 points in your post:

- what does "current 2p" mean?

- what does "low vengeance sbars" mean

I dont get what the short forms mean...

Many thanks for your post and your further specifications

Current 2p = The current raiding tier's 2-piece set bonus for protection warriors

Low vengeance sbars = Casting the spell "Shield Barrier" despite having low attack power, with which it scales