FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tasandmnm

UE MS non seasonal, GR progression

I am using the guide here for my build. I have all Ancients except rings which doesn't matter, enough CDR to keep Vengeance up constantly, and about 62.5 cc and 465 cd (also have 4-5 augments). I have a very well rolled Witching Hour but have been using a Hunters Wrath instead using the little cut off animation "trick" to spam MS as much as possible. 

Progression was really quick for me but I feel like I am topping out at GR 102. I am sure I could move up 1 or 2 with better layouts etc but I don't feel like there is much more room to move up. Any tips, hints, etc?

Edit: Thought I should mention that I am playing on Xbox One.

Edited by Tasandmnm

I'm basically about exactly right there in my DH, same build. Probably a couple caldessan's less, 1200 Paragon. Only need ancient off hand. Haven't used it in forever, since before the set buffs, so it's nice to know approximately where it is topping out. A handful of levels higher than most of my builds I guess. More a note. For just about all my builds. Time to get frustrated and impatient lol! Slow progress now. Cladessan's, paragon, little minor improvements on gear. If you get a slightly better piece, save it for the second round of slightly better caldessan's you do. Minor tweaks like witching hour can be implemented for again a small boost, couple levels, as long as you don't need the extra hatred(primary attack speed) or toughness from the other belts. I use the primary belt too, hold down primary button, hold down multishot, it does both continuously and I never run out of hatred. I also don't want to ruin that by switching belts. 

I'm using RoRG instead of CoE, and the 2nd death perk cloak which can roll more max discipline. Or there is the 2 extra wolf cloak. Not likely a good idea end game, was better for now especially on hardcore so I never have to back off and play scared, until I get a great CoE that's what I'll do. I'm not sure how well the 3 wolves works, could be almost as good as CoE offensively, more consistently, because the cloak can give you discipline. But that is contingent on the offensive bonuses passive and active and whether they add up per wolf. Not great idea's unless your rings suck, and you mentioned they are the non ancients so I figured what the heck. The switch seemed to help me a bit at the time. 

That's all I got so I figured I better get in on this to see any more helpful replies. 

Well the rings are not ancient but since I run CHC/CHD/CDR on both I am losing nothing at all compared to the Ancient equivalents. The only real upgrades I can expect to get are a Hellfire Amulet to replace a Travelers Pledge I am using just because it is rolled extremely well (92 CHD, 10CC, 20 Fire) or possibly a Primal Yangs but the one I have now is Ancient and rolled extremely well so it will be next to impossible to luck into that. I actually am back to using the Witching Hour as even with it I have no issues with Hatred right now. I have packed everything I can into doing damage since a death here or there is not a major set back like it is with my Archon Wizard and if I can eventually get a good Hellfire with stats and a good passive I could progress a fair amount more I think...just at a brick wall for a while I guess.

Yeah I hit a brick wall with all of my builds with only a couple decent improvements left to go it seems. But maybe it's more a perspective thing, where I get used to such quick progression, but there is just a much higher chance to get something a little or a lot better earlier on, and next to no chance now. You improve each slot 5 times and suddenly only perfect stuff matters. Likely more a matter of that and grinding like crazy for paragon, caldessan's and the one or two gear changes, out of a million different drops, that you can make. 
I had great success with hellfire amulets so far. Out of maybe 30 tries. None perfect but a couple real hard to beat ancients with a perfect passive for my build. A handful that were decent enough ancients with alright passives too. Died and lost them of course lol. But I definitely recommend uber boss farming and making one asap. Only one way to get them and no sense waiting. They make an awesome difference if you get lucky. 

Crafting Hellfires is much easier now, thanks to the new difficulties, they not only increase the drops of keys, but also the materials you got from each key. A decent farming session around 2 hours long easily yields around 50 materials.