FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

WoW Classic: Racials and Racial Passives

X1MqIlt.jpg

A list of racials and racial passives for all races available in Classic WoW.

Alliance Races

Dwarf

• Find Treasure (Racial) - Allows the dwarf to sense nearby treasure, making it appear on the minimap. Lasts until cancelled. (Instant)
  • Frost Resistance (Racial Passive) - Frost resistance increased by 10.
  • Gun Specialization (Racial Passive) - Guns skill increased by 5.
  • Stoneform (Racial) - While active, grants immunity to Bleed, Poison, and Disease effects. In addition, Armor increased by 10%. Lasts 8 sec. (Instant, 3 min cooldown)

dwarf.jpg

Gnome

• Arcane Resistance (Racial Passive) - Arcane Resistance increased by 10.
  • Engineering Specialization (Racial Passive) - Engineering skill increased by 15.
  • Escape Artist (Racial) - Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect. (0.5 sec cast, 1 min cooldown)
  • Expansive Mind (Racial Passive) - Intelligence increased by 5%.

gnome.jpg

Human

• Diplomacy (Racial Passive) - Reputation gains increased by 10%.
  • Mace Specialization (Racial Passive) - Skill with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 5.
  • Perception (Racial) - Dramatically increases stealth detection for 20 sec. (Instant, 3 min cooldown)
  • Sword Specialization (Racial Passive) - Skill with Swords and Two-Handed Swords increased by 5.
  • The Human Spirit (Racial Passive) - Spirit increased by 5%.

human.jpg

Night Elf

• Nature Resistance (Racial Passive) - Nature Resistance increased by 10.
  • Quickness (Racial Passive) - Dodge chance increased by 1%.
  • Shadowmeld (Racial) - Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Night Elf Rogues and Druids with Shadowmeld are more difficult to detect while stealthed or prowling. (Instant, 10 sec cooldown)
  • Wisp Spirit (Racial Passive) - Transform into a wisp upon death, increasing speed by 50%.

nightelf.jpg

Horde Races

Orc

• Axe Specialization (Racial Passive) - Skill with Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 5.
  • Blood Fury (Racial) - Increases base melee attack power by 25% for 15 sec and reduces healing effects on you by 50% for 25 sec. (Instant, 2 min cooldown)
  • Command (Racial Passive) - Damage dealt by Hunter and Warlock pets increased by 5%.
  • Hardiness (Racial Passive) - Chance to resist Stun effects increased by an additional 25%.

orc.jpg

Tauren

• Cultivation (Racial Passive) - Herbalism skill increased by 15.
  • Endurance (Racial Passive) - Total Health increased by 5%.
  • Nature Resistance (Racial Passive) - Nature Resistance increased by 10.
  • War Stomp (Racial) - Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec. (0.5 sec cast, 2 min cooldown)

tauren.jpg

Troll

• Bestial Slaying (Racial Passive) - Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%.
  • Berserking (Racial) - Increases your attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec. (Instant, 3 min cooldown)
  • Bow Specialization (Racial Passive) - Skill with Bow Weapons increased by 5.
  • Regeneration (Racial Passive) - Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of your total Health regeneration may continue during combat.
  • Throwing Specialization (Racial Passive) - Skills with Throwing Weapons increased by 5.

troll.jpg

Undead

• Cannibalize (Racial) - When activated, regenerates 7% of total health every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect. (Instant, 5 yd range, 2 min cooldown)
  • Shadow Resistance (Racial Passive) - Shadow Resistance increased by 10.
  • Underwater Breathing (Racial Passive) - Underwater breath lasts 300% longer than normal.
  • Will of the Forsaken (Racial) - Provides immunity to Charm, Fear and Sleep while active. May also be used while already afflicted by Charm, Fear or Sleep. Lasts 5 sec. (Instant, 2 min cooldown)

undead.jpg

• Like 1

I think priests had racial-related spells, for example devouring plague was unique to forsaken priests. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Huh. Coulda sworn that Cannibilize also restored mana back in the days, guess I was mistaken.

Unfortnuately no, in vanilla, Cannibilize did not restore mana. This was added later in a few expansions, I can't remember which one. I am thinking Wrath. This annoyed me because I never needed to use Cannibilize anymore because Blizz made mana regen out of combat much faster.

5 hours ago, Odi said:

I think priests had racial-related spells, for example devouring plague was unique to forsaken priests. 

Yes, and fear ward for dwarves, which I think was considered the best back then.

7 hours ago, Arcling said:

Yes, and fear ward for dwarves, which I think was considered the best back then.

Far and away the best.    Fear Ward and the Paladin Blessings are what made Alliance so much better than Horde in vanilla for endgame raiding.    Fear Ward alone was a huge boost in many of the hardest fights (Onyxia, Magmar, etc) if you could put it on your tank and tank healer so the bosses stayed in place and control.    Blessing of Salvation was -huge- for dps, as threat was a much bigger part of the game than people remember.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      WoW Classic Beta ended last week and there was supposed to be a final global stress test scheduled for next week on July 25th, but Blizzard today announced they're not quite ready and need more time before the final pre-launch worldwide test.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hello.
      We’re hard at work preparing for the launch of WoW Classic, and we’ve reached the conclusion that we’re not quite yet ready to do our Global Stress Test (previously scheduled for next week). While we’re still on track to launch WoW Classic on August 27, we need a bit more time before this final pre-launch worldwide test.
      We’ll have a more definite date Soon™ and we’ll post it here as soon as we do. Thanks for your patience!
    • By Starym
      We're back to the interpretation of how exactly Vanilla patch 1.12 really worked and today we have more suspects being confirmed innocent, as Blizzard expand the Not a Bug list, from Cone of Cold and Arcane Missiles to Escape Artist and Hunter pet taunting.
      Not a Bug (source)
      Hi All,
      I’ve just updated the OP with the following:
      Cone of Cold is behaving consistently with the reference client. Arcane Missiles does not put the caster in combat . A Hunter’s Frost Trap ground effect will break Rogues out of stealth. The Berserking Troll racial ability is behaving as expected and matches the reference client. The pet that a Warlock has when initially logging into the game world does not restore a Soul Shard when dismissed by taking a flight path or moving out of range. The trigger range on Hunter’s traps are reduced by Stealth when the stealthed player is a similar or higher level than the Hunter. Soul Link cannot be dispelled by dispelling the Warlock’s pet. A Warlock’s Succubus pet cannot cast spells if they are out of line of sight of the target. Manually cancelling Stealth after using Vanish will remove the Vanish buff as well as the Stealth buff. Escape Artist has a very small chance to fail when used to escape an effect that has a decreased chance to be dispelled (e.g. a Rogue’s Vile Poisons talent). Rogues are not broken out of stealth by Blizzard until they take damage. Taunting Hunter pets that are set to Aggressive or Defensive mode will cause them to attack the taunting player. I additionally modified the wording on the following to be a bit more clear:
      “Melee leeway” is working as intended in both PvE and PvP.
    • By Starym
      Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros is possibly the most famous item in all of WoW. One of only two legendary items introduced with the base game, its power may not have lived up to its legend, but the effort you had to put in to get it most certainly did. Today we'll be taking a look at the weapon and how good it was in patch 1.12, how to get it, and we'll throw in an extra story related to it from Vanilla.
      Check out our other Classic spotlights, covering Anathema/Benediction, Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.

Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
      The weapon is usable by Druids, Paladins, Shamans and Warriors, and while it's probably the best weapon for Enhancement Shamans and Retribution Paladins, those specs weren't really popular or very viable back in the day, so Warriors were the primary wielders. Before going into the arduous journey you needed to go on to acquire this, we need to mention Sulfuras definitely was one of the most powerful weapons throughout all of Vanilla, but there have been many discussions about whether it was ever really the very best for any class. 
      Focusing on 1.12, the Classic patch, however, its only real competition (for Warriors, anyway) will be the ubiquitous Arcanite Reaper for PvP and Bonereaver's Edge for PvE. Due to various factors, including mace spec being pretty bad, the general consensus seems to be that Sulfuras might barely beat out AR for PvP purposes, while Bonereaver claims the top PvE weapon crown. Again, these are all very close and Sulfuras was considered a top weapon all throughout Vanilla, with Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood, Dark Edge of Insanity and Might of Menethil eventually surpassing it, but not by much.

How to Get the Weapon
      Regardless of how good Sulfuras actually was, if you ever saw anyone wielding it throughout all of Vanilla, you know that was either one very dedicated person, or someone that the entire guild helped get the weapon. Sulfuras doesn't actually drop directly off Ragnaros - instead,  Eye of Sulfuras drops from him and you then need to go through a very long crafting process so you can use the Eye to convert your crafted Sulfuron Hammer into it's final form: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.
      The crafting process for the Sulfuron Hammer is the grindiest part of this process, as it requires a large amount of difficult to obtain mats, but the Eye itself also has a low (2%-ish) drop chance off Ragnaros, so both parts will require a whole lot of time. This creates a bit of a conundrum, as the logical thing to do is wait until/if you manage to get the Eye for yourself and then start the grind for the crafted hammer. However, unless you get really lucky and get the Eye to drop very early in your Molten Core clears, this is a little impractical as it will take you a long time to gather up all the mats needed, and if you really have your heart set on Sulfuras, you might want to start before you get the Eye. This, of course, is further complicated by some of the mats being drops off bosses in Molten Core, meaning they're either guild property or you'll have to roll for them in pugs. The easy answer here, obviously, is having a good guild that will either decide who's getting the hammer ahead of time, or will bank all the mats and have them ready for whoever gets the Eye when it drops. This also isn't as easy as it sounds, as the big pain-in-the-*filtered* mat required here involves a whole lot of alchemist 2-day cooldown transmutes, which again requires a whole lot of planning.

Now, of course, you could just be insanely rich and straight up buy the Sulfuron Hammer from someone, as it's BoE, but in the far more likely case you go for the crafting, here's what you'll actually need for the weapon:
      1 Sulfuron Ingot - (dropped by Golemagg in MC) to trade to Lokhtos Darkbargainer in the Grim Guzzler in the Blackrock Depths, who will then give you the plans for the weapon 8 Sulfuron Ingot 50 Arcanite Bar - the most  difficult part of the whole thing, aside from the Eye and potentially the Ingots (if you're soloing). You'll not only need 50 Thorium Bars and 50 Arcane Crystals (which drop from Rich Thorium Veins at a 2-3% rate) but also 50 transmutes from alchemists, which are on a 2 day cooldown 10 Blood of the Mountain - drops from Dark Iron Veins or from Molten Giants/Destroyers in MC 20 Dark Iron Bar aka 160 Dark Iron Ore - requiring a blacksmith who can smelt the ore, which is a separate quest to unlock, and the ore can only be smelted at the Black Forge in BRD, near the entrance to MC 10 Lava Core - drop from most mobs in MC 10 Fiery Core - drop from most mobs in MC 25 Essence of Fire - an easy one, drops from various Elementals or can be transmuted, but usually isn't that expensive on the AH Now all that's left to craft Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros is:
      1 Eye of Sulfuras And there you have it. Obviously Sulfuras is very much a guild-wide effort and the most common path to getting it is to have the guild gather up all the mats collectively, to then give to whoever earns the Eye - either through DKP or whichever method the guild uses. However, since pugs will be much more of a thing in Classic than they were in Vanilla, it's not completely insane to think someone will want to do this solo/without guild support, but for that you'd either have to have a whole lot of gold (not to mention luck to even get the Eye in a pug) and perhaps do some planning ahead of time, especially with the transmutes.

A "Fun" Sulfuras Story
      In closing, here's my personal Vanilla Sulfuras story, which resulted in the only time I've been kicked out of a guild. Among the many World Firsts we would eventually get and the many amazing moments and memories from my time in Vanilla, this particular one is still probably the most vivid thing I remember from back then.
      Nihilum wasn't a big guild yet, it was still pre-Blackwing Lair times and we were farming Molten Core. For some reason we had a massive number of Warriors in the guild, including Kungen, the GM, with around 8 being in pretty much every MC raid. As you'd imagine, every one of them wanted that shiny fiery hammer for themselves as you couldn't really have 8 tanks in the raid, so most of us were DPS/offtanks. The guild ran on a standard DKP system and most players had a solid amount of gear from the raid already, so every DPS Warrior was gathering their points for that Eye drop. I was the first in line for the Eye so it was a simple matter of saving up my DKP and having the Eye actually drop.
      Enter the Belt of Might.
      This actually may have been pre-1.12, as I'm pretty sure it didn't have the +5 defence at the time, but I might be wrong. I was wearing a blue belt, I think it had a +1% to block and I was pretty happy with it for those seldom-needed off-tank purposes. I also didn't have any other Might items, as most of those were still reserved for the real tanks. Shockingly, no one wanted the Belt of Might when it dropped (off a trash mob as I recall) as all the tanks had it already and, obviously, all the DPS/off-tank Warriors would rather spend their DKP on DPS items. Also keep in mind this was a BoE item. And so the then raid leader and officer, Fisker, decided someone had to take it, we weren't going to disenchant or sell it, but we also weren't going to give it our for free - and I was the lucky recipient of this minus x DKP prize.
      As you might imagine, this didn't sit well with me as I was aiming for Sulfuras, and it sounded pretty unfair that I had to be punished for having the most DKP of the Warriors present there, making me lose my spot in line for the hammer. And so I said no, thanks. Apparently this wasn't an option as I was then told I had to take it. And then I said no again, which prompted a huge discussion/fight, which ended up in Fisker kicking me from the guild for refusing to take this belt.
      This part I very vividly remember - there I was, standing in Molten Core, in a raid group and without a guild, not knowing what was going on or what the hell just happened. I was pretty shocked at the time, but I was also insanely angry, so the shock had to take a back seat. As I was kicked I wasn't privvy to the guild chat happening at the time so it was pretty stressful - do I leave the group and just go on my way forever? In the end, it was another officer, Rogue and all around good guy Jihan that managed to calm things down and so I was invited back and we continued discussing the issue.
      That was the only 5 minutes I was ever outside of Nihilum since I joined it, and to be completely honest with you, I can't even remember what happened with that god damned belt. I think I ended up taking it either for free or for a highly discounted price, but it's the drama that stuck with me and not the actual DKP or belt. And in closing, as you might expect, I didn't ever get the Sulfuras or the Eye, as it simply didn't drop while I was ahead on points. I did, however, grind a whole lot of Rich Thorium Veins in preparation for both it and Thunderfury, for which I actually had the left binding - and also never got.

How to get one of the most famous weapons in WoW + a Vanilla story about it.
    • By Stan
      The devs have now reached a stage where Classic is in a good state and they intend to shift their focus away from Beta, which ends today. The plan is to end the beta with a small in-game event and prepare for the global launch on August 27th.
      If you've been invited to Classic Beta, today is the final day of testing. There will be an in-game event, probably revolving around Game Masters spawning a bunch of bosses, so don't forget to log in and have fun!
      Blizzard (Source)
      We have now reached a stage where WoW Classic is in a good state for reconciling remaining issues, and we intend to shift our focus away from the closed beta, which will end on July 12.
      Internally, we’re working through the aforementioned bug fixes, testing the high-level zones such as Eastern Plaguelands, and doing our raid testing. We’ll make sure Ragnaros and Onyxia are ready to go.
      We’re planning a small in-game event to end the closed beta on July 12. We’ll see you there, and we’ll post reminders for you just before the stress test, as well as reminders in August as we gather for name reservations and ultimately for the release of WoW Classic.
      Thank you!
    • By Starym
      We have a large post over on the WoW Classic beta forums where Blizzard are addressing all the outstanding issues with Hunters. We have a huge amount of problems listed below, from the now expected "not a bug" things players report that are actually working as intended, to bugs that have already been fixed or will be very soon, and actual bugs that aren't fixed yet but are on the known issues list.
      Hunters (source)
      Greetings!
      Since the beginning of beta, we’ve seen a lot of bug reports around the Hunter class in particular, and we’ve been working diligently over the past weeks to shore up some of the issues that players have been reporting to us. We felt that it would be helpful to post an update on our progress as well as to clear up some confusion around issues that were reported that are behaving consistently with the Reference client and are not considered to be actual bugs.
      The following issues are behaving as expected and are considered to be “Not a Bug” (we’ll be updating the Not A Bug list with these issues as well):
      Hunter “dead zone” is working as expected and is consistent with the Reference Client A wolf pet’s Howl buff is consumed by anything that causes damage, even if it does not benefit from the buff A Hunter pet’s Bite and Claw ability damage will not change in the tooltip based on the happiness of the pet. The tooltip will always display the damage as if the pet were Content (yellow). This is consistent with the Reference client Note: This was reported several times to us based on 1.2 patch notes which seem to have been misunderstood. The intent here is simply that damage displayed is what the pet would deal if it were Content, not what it deals based on its current happiness level. Traps can sometimes not be triggered if a player moves over them very quickly (i.e. a Warrior’s Charge ability). This behavior is consistent with the Reference client. Auto Shot does not make a sound when cast during the animation of Hunter’s Mark and certain other abilities Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap share diminishing returns The following reported issues are either confirmed fixed in recent builds, or we have upcoming fixes currently in testing:
      Crocolisk pets cause noticeable server lag when summoned Beast lore does not display the targeted creatures armor in the tooltip Feign death does not immediately drop the Hunter from combat in a Battleground Feign Death does not cause the Hunter’s health and mana bar to zero out as if the Hunter was dead Feign Death does not kill the hunter if they stay feigned the entire duration Hunters are performing a WalkBackwards animation while strafing left during Auto Shot Hunters have the ability to tame pets 2 levels higher than the Hunter’s level Hunter Pets do not auto-cast Dash or Dive when engaging their target The Bonus Armor from Thick Hide is dropping off of Hunter pets shortly after talenting into it Sending Hunter pets into combat with a special ability such as Bite does not also trigger your pet to begin attacking Multiple instances of Hunter’s Mark can be applied to a target Hunters are unable to cancel the animation associated with placing a trap by moving Explosive Trap and Frost Trap place the hunter into combat each time they apply their associated effects or deal damage Enemies will ignore collision when in combat with a player Note: This isn’t hunter specific and was a global issue. This did affect Hunter pets so we listed it here Pets do not display a “ding” visual when leveling up Activating a Night Elf Hunter’s Shadowmeld racial ability at the same time that the Eyes of the Beast cast completes will give the player control over pet movement without snapping to the Pet’s point of view Ranged attacks cannot be blocked Training pets may cause your client to become unresponsive The spell animation for flare is significantly different than the animation used in 1.12 Please note that this list is not comprehensive. There have been many other issues that affect hunters that have been fixed recently, and we are still hard at work fixing other bugs.
      The following issues are confirmed bugs and are still Known Issues as of our current Beta build:
      Hunter pets that died while the hunter was in a battleground are resurrected in an unhappy state when the battleground ends Auto Shot does not animate or display a missile when it fires immediately after Aimed Shot Aspect of the Pack will sometimes attempt to apply itself to mounted party members When a Quiver or Ammo Pouch is equipped, the tooltip for Aimed Shot incorrectly reflects an attack speed bonus from the Quiver or Ammo Pouch that it does not actually receive When taming a pet that teaches the Hunter a new Beast Training ability, the chat message does not report the ability’s rank The Hunter’s quiver may occasionally appear in the Hunter’s hand instead of the Hunter’s equipped weapon We hope to have fixes in place for these issues before launch, but please note that we can never guarantee when or if any known issue will be fixed.
      Thank you all for your reports on the WoW Classic Beta so far!