FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
aequitas

help my buddy

Someone that knows how WoL works better than me may have a better explanation. But from what I've seen, it appears that he uses Ice Lance and Frostfire Bolt without Fingers of Frost and Brain Freezes. His Invocation uptime could be better, but 90% is not a bad number.

Sure there are better mages here that can help you, but I did what I could.

His gear looks fine to me, although he is 0,1% under hit cap. Reach the 15% ;)

Looking at Malkorok:

He was 93% active during the fight.. This means for many seconds he was not doing anything. The most important rule of casters, is to always cast something.

Invoker's energy on 90%. This could easily be 97%.

Living Bomb uptime is 83% which could easily be even 100% on Malkorok.

He used his CDs only once in a 3:29 minutes fight. Those could have been used twice :) The problem is that he delayed using his CDs with like 30 seconds.. This made Alter Time much less effective, because when he used it, he basically didn't have any trinket procs up that could have been extended.

He had 24 Brain Freeze procs, but he only spent 20 of them, and he also has 5 hardcasted Frostfire bolts. Never hardcast those, and always spend Brain freeze.

He had 20 procs of Fingers of Frost, but he used Ice Lance 33 times. NEVER use Ice lance without Fingers of Frost.

Is he snapshotting his dot?

I believe he will also have to optimize his movement to minimize the downtime due to it. :)

• Like 1

Hey Oltier, how can I know that there was 5 hardcasted Frostfire Bolts? I know where to look for the number of BF procs and FFB casts, just don't know how to see the different casts.

Yeah, I hijacked the post, sorry about that.

I think this kind of off-topic is acceptable. :)

In the buffs section you can see, that he had 24 Brain Freezes, however he only had 20 Frozen thought (which is the 2pc bonus of this teir and is only procced by Brain Freezed Frostfirebolt. Now, if you switch to spells, you can see 22+3+(8/3) Frostfirebolt casted. Which is actually more than I said before. Out of these 25-27 Frostfirebolt, only 20 were Brain Freeze ones, so he hardcasted FFB 5-7 times.

Looking at Assaia's performance on Malkorok, I can tell you that his Living Bomb uptime is a bit low at 87.1%, he should be able to keep 100% uptime on that fight.

Invokers Energy uptime is only 82.1%, this really needs to come up, that's a huge dps increase.

I don't see any potion usage, he should be prepotting and using another potion midfight with cds.

No Alter Time usage, this is HUGE for fire dps. Line it up with a Hot Streak and Presence of Mind using the macro on the Fire Mage guide.

He only used Combustion twice on a 3 and a half minute fight. He should've had 3.

This is what I can see with my limited log reading experience, I'm sure others, like Oltier, can fill in any blanks I left.

Living bomb uptime should defeinitely be higher. It is not hard on that fight to keep it up and it is not only a buff, but an extra 30% crit chance to the target.

PoM was used only once, as well.. :)

Other than these 2 uptimes, and the bad cooldown usage I can't see any glaring issues.

• Like 1

Living bomb uptime should defeinitely be higher. It is not hard on that fight to keep it up and it is not only a buff, but an extra 30% crit chance to the target.

PoM was used only once, as well.. smile.png

I think you're confusing pyromaniac with critical mass smile.png

pyromaniac - 15 sec debuff on bomb target for 10% more damage on fireball/pyro/ffb/inferno blast

critical mass - multiples your crit chance of fireball/pyro/ffb/scorch by 1.3 (not related to bombs)

Also, I don't know whether he has 4pc, but if he does then PoM is essential only for every other combustion (the ones which don't align to AT). You can still use it for instant pyro after "AT combustion" and it's certainly a dps boost, just less important.

Edited by lynx

I think you're confusing pyromaniac with critical mass smile.png

pyromaniac - 15 sec debuff on bomb target for 10% more damage on fireball/pyro/ffb/inferno blast

critical mass - multiples your crit chance of fireball/pyro/ffb/scorch by 1.3 (not related to bombs)

Also, I don't know whether he has 4pc, but if he does then PoM is essential only for every other combustion (the ones which don't align to AT). You can still use it for instant pyro after "AT combustion" and it's certainly a dps boost, just less important.

Oh god, I am so squishy today... Yes, I was relating to that buff. :)