FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Joxxer

Conveyor belt woes =(

This discussion has required me to get popcorn and eat one handed while I type this and scroll with the other.

I'm sure that's why you're typing one-handed.

• Like 3

I'm sure that's why you're typing one-handed.

He's simply using skills acquired on other sites, and applying them here.  Kind of like what we do in the game.  I say, Kudos PhilCollins!

• Like 1

I like how one comment triggered this whole debate. Perhaps I should clarify? I made a point in noting that warlocks are fine on the belt, because I had previously read about how destro sucks at it, and people saying to 'go affliction' for it. That's not really the case, obviously. Warlocks can handle the belt with ease, but I do agree that they are better suited elsewhere. It just depends on who has what reliability and experience. Especially in flex. 

Edited by Sarin

After finally getting heroic thok last night we put a few attempts on black fuse and holy sheep shit. I thought Thok was an annoyance tried doing the belts and the rotating one shot beams are one of the most annoying mechanics I've ever come across.

they're really not that bad. try jumping repeatedly on the belt. there is no momentum built into the belt so it's very easy to stay back from a beam as long as you need, and the beam pattern is always the same. or have a priest give you levitate (negates the belt movement completely)

All of this! I can speak from personal experience here. I started out playing as a casual raider just running the occasional lfr or flex. Throughout the progressive patches this expansion ive taken all the information given by the higher end raiders and applied it to my own character for each fight as a way to better myself. Not at all for any raid group or guild. BUT doing that got me noticed and into a new progression guild. I was then able to take that knowledge I had used for myself and use it to better the entire raid group. Weve taken our rag tag 7.5 hour a week raid group from barely clearing normals to 8/14 now. I still come here for advice and still learn something new for either my own class or how to handle and encounter mechanic. Hugely appreciative.

TLDR: started from lfr. Now I'm here. Solid strategies can be applied in any scenario.

If I can add something to the discussion...

The Siegecrafter fight on normal is a very easy one. It is not dps intensive. Most groups wipe either when they fail moving from things (e.g. missiles) or from failed belts.

While moving from things has to be learned the hard way, belt problems can be easily fixed by sending 2 players there.

Note that it is not required to have 1 dps on the belt. If you still have low gear and you have problems to solo the belt, just send 2 people there.

If I can add something to the discussion...

The Siegecrafter fight on normal is a very easy one. It is not dps intensive. Most groups wipe either when they fail moving from things (e.g. missiles) or from failed belts.

While moving from things has to be learned the hard way, belt problems can be easily fixed by sending 2 players there.

Note that it is not required to have 1 dps on the belt. If you still have low gear and you have problems to solo the belt, just send 2 people there.

I can argue that Siegecrafter is very easy on Heroic because groups only wipe when belts fail or someone doesn't move from something.  It's perspective that matters on difficulty.  To me, Heroic Siegecrafter is easy because the positional strat that we use involves only using 30% of the room.  I've watched other groups who claim it is very difficult use 75% of the room and be moving a lot.  Logistics make or break fights as well...if you're teaching new people the belts because someone didn't show, that'll hurt. 

Anything is 'easy' or 'hard' depending on how you approach and see the issues.

I was in Flex last night, and I was sadly asked to do belts on my Destro lock (though maybe this was part of why I was sad, I wanted to go demo for kicks on boss). Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that I couldn't stay down and blast Blackfuse into a pile of ash, but hey, job got done, and we won. Now, I was lucky and had the other belt dpser to explain exactly how it all worked for me, since it was my first time, but without the advice I've gotten here on Icy-Veins on playing my warlock, I probably would've done something stupid and caused a wipe anyways. Basically, I just want to express my personal gratitude to Zagam, Locky, and all the other wonderful people who contribute to this community. Have I had to ask for a specifically tailored answer to my every question? No, but without fail, if I have a problem, I can always find a solution using what they give us here. You guys are the best, may your fel fires burn bright!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you kicked ass.  I was embarrassed to see how little HP the mobs on the belt have.  My Hunter still had a 548 weapon going into last night's normal clear...I destroyed the target before it even got 1/3 down the belt.  I can't wait to see how trivial it's gotten in Heroic...

How many people are you sending up on the belts? We had our two hunters go up with disengage as to not gain the debuff but one huntard couldn't even figure out how to dp jt without failing so we're alternating between a lock and a rogue with the hunter.

Going to bump this baby up.

We are in the fun situation where in our 10 man, all our "best classes" for belts have flaked out, Blackfuse broke them.  We are left now with 3 locks out of our 6 dps, new rogue is undergeared and not 100% reliable to get her half of the belt dmg done.

I have been doing belts with a priest, OP levitate makes destruction no brainer on Belt.  Recently I saw a post on MMO showing a lock doing every belt by dropping his Port on belt at pull using glyphed Killrog...we are thinking of trying it out as we already have two locks rotating between the 4 dps going currently.

Thinking of having Rogue/Spriest do first belt so locks can get their opening burst in on boss then break off to deal with belts 2->done.  We'll still have a destro left on platform to whisper sweet nothings to the mines.

Obv based on past discussion in this thread it does not sound like any of the regulars here do betls, little on every belt.  Curious if anybody has done every belt as lock and if you have any exp to share specific to it.

I did belts on our first few normal kills. I remember going affliction with KJC. Simply put your dots up and cast Malefic Grasp while running forward. As destro you are going want to be a little more aware of where the beams are and position yourself accordingly so that you may minimize your movement.

Also, just in case your locks are going to want to place their portals near the end of the belt. That way, when they are done with the mines they can simple port out. Also extremly helpful is burning rush for the increase movement speed. However, once you have gear/practice you wont use it as much.

You don't need movement speed boosts. The movement of the belt doesn't give you any momentum, so you can just jump during an Incinerate.

I have been doing belts with a priest, OP levitate makes destruction no brainer on Belt.  

Elaborate, por favor.  I might be stuck doing belts tonight since one of our Hunters isn't showing up.

Elaborate, por favor.  I might be stuck doing belts tonight since one of our Hunters isn't showing up.

As far as I'm aware (our scumbag shadow didn't levitate me when I had to do the belts once night) they just float in the air. The belt doesn't pull them along, so they can just yolo around at their leisure.

Oh wow.  Neato.  Will have to try, because I don't want to give up on the new guild's progression when we downgrade from a 579 Hunter to a 548 Shadow Priest.  It'll be noticeable, but I think we can still down it.  Every bit helps.

How have you guys been handling waves 4-6 in 10man? Those are the ones that are giving my guild the most issues. We do (starting from wave 1) Overcharged Missle, O-Laser, O-Missle, O-Laser, O-Magnet, O-Mines, and killing mines on the belt every time that we can. Dealing with that Laser and Magnet at the same time right after having the previous Overcharged laser makes it really messy. The fire doesn't seem to dissipate fast enough for us to get out and stun the mines after being pushed around by the magnet. Just wondering if anyone has a cleaner strat for overcharging/killing during that section, or if its just a matter of nut up or shut up :P.

So first, quick update on the every belt thingy.. must have been fixed or an Asian only thing, we were unable to get the timing.  Did not end up working.

Yeah as Liquid mentioned, levitate lets you just float and stand n plant.  Our Priest has a macro to toss it on me after we drop on belt.  I Coe, Immo, Double donflag then drop two CB's, burning rush (negate levitate slow) through two walls while KJC incin spamming, then shadowburn once its execute range.  

Just make sure like yourself, your Spriest banks some orbs for the belt and you're set.

Edited by Soulzar

How have you guys been handling waves 4-6 in 10man? Those are the ones that are giving my guild the most issues. We do (starting from wave 1) Overcharged Missle, O-Laser, O-Missle, O-Laser, O-Magnet, O-Mines, and killing mines on the belt every time that we can. Dealing with that Laser and Magnet at the same time right after having the previous Overcharged laser makes it really messy. The fire doesn't seem to dissipate fast enough for us to get out and stun the mines after being pushed around by the magnet. Just wondering if anyone has a cleaner strat for overcharging/killing during that section, or if its just a matter of nut up or shut up tongue.png.

Kinda the later IMO from my exp.  There are lots of safe spots to be and its not hard to stay safe.  That said, its also very easy for it to cascade out of control in a hurry if things don't go RNG friendly (does it ever?)  Post nerf we moved to killing all Missiles and dealing with mines on platform as the Emp Fire/Magnet combo is retarded.  We are making steady progress, and while dps is a little lower making the fight longer, the stability is there past the 3 minute mark we were walled at prior.  I think its mostly just a matter of everybody getting themselves awesome at personal awareness and not only keeping themselves safe, but others as well (by handling shit correctly when rng picks them)