FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
perfectkale

refreshing debuffs

do debuffs function in the same way that DOTS do, in the sense that if you apply them with 30% left you get the same effect as if you applied them when they expired?

do different debuffs function in different ways when it comes to refreshing?

i was wondering specifically about eradication debuff for destro warlock.

Hi perfectkale

I can't give a very proofed answer, it's just how i know how it works. Dot's are a kind of debuffs. Usually, if you cast a debuff you have an effect (damage, armor reduction, magical resistance reduction, more % dmg and so on). These effects do mostly have a duration. If you recast a debuff while debuff is already on target, it simply sets debuff to its max duration. But take care: if you have buffs which modifies a debuff. As far as i know, effect of a debuff is set when you cast it and will not lose its "initial" value if buff runs out. I don't go deeper with this, it's a bit difficult to explain. And as long you aren't a freaky min-max person, do not think to much about that ?
-> This should be the answer for your first question: yes, you get the same effect. As i know, most debuffs doesn't stack if you recast them while its already on target.

There are stackable debuffs like trinket effect from Everchill AnchorEverchill Anchor. So as you see, there its a duration-refresh and stacking.
-> This should be the answer for your second question: yes, different debuffs do have different behaviour.

Personally, i don't play a WL. But it seems EradicationEradication simply refreshes its duration if you cast before it expires.

sorry, i think i phrased my question in a poor way.

what i mean is, typically if you recast a DOT when there is 30% remaining you, you gain an extra 30% duration to the DOT since it includes the existing time left on the DOT, when you refresh.

does that also apply to debuffs, including eradiction?

also i am unsure what you mean by stacking? 

thanks for your response ?

Edited by perfectkale

18 hours ago, perfectkale said:

The debuff extention to 130% base (also known as the Pandemic mechanic) only applies to DoTs. All other debuffs generally don't add to the duration, they just reset it to 100%. This includes Eradication.

2 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

The debuff extention to 130% base (also known as the Pandemic mechanic) only applies to DoTs. All other debuffs generally don't add to the duration, they just reset it to 100%. This includes Eradication.

There you have it ? .  I never ever heard of this mechanic...or i just didn't pay attention to buffduration due to weak auras ? .

20 hours ago, perfectkale said:

sorry, i think i phrased my question in a poor way.

what i mean is, typically if you recast a DOT when there is 30% remaining you, you gain an extra 30% duration to the DOT since it includes the existing time left on the DOT, when you refresh.

also i am unsure what you mean by stacking? 

thanks for your response ?

By "stacking" i mean if an effects (or duration) adds by each cast. If eradiction would be a stacking debuff, this would mean by each cast you would add 10% more dmg (10% -> 20% -> 30%) and so on.  Some debuffs do have such a mechanic (Everchills Anchor effect is such a debuff).

13 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

ah thank you so much. this answers my question perfectly ?

11 hours ago, Allseye said:

There you have it ? .  I never ever heard of this mechanic...or i just didn't pay attention to buffduration due to weak auras ? .

By "stacking" i mean if an effects (or duration) adds by each cast. If eradiction would be a stacking debuff, this would mean by each cast you would add 10% more dmg (10% -> 20% -> 30%) and so on.  Some debuffs do have such a mechanic (Everchills Anchor effect is such a debuff).

Thanks for the detailed info ?

Edited by perfectkale