FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
chelatek

Heroic Siegecraft - need help with belt

Hey all,

My guild has been working on HSiege for a few weeks and personally, I'm having some issues with the belt.  Specifically my damage per belt is 2-4M less than the other ret I run with.  I've been talking with him and we're doing the same things but I'm still getting boned.

I only have a normal WF weapon and he has a Heroic so that's obviously an issue, but I want to know if there's specific things I might be missing.

For reference here's my char:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Ranijindan/advanced

I'm only doing 5.5M-6.5M each belt.

I'm using AW each belt, GOAK on belt 5 (I'm on odds), and 5th is a big issue.  We go up with 5 but that is very hit and miss.

Edited by chelatek

Honestly, a large part of it is just this, you have a lot less stats than Streaz. He's at 40% haste, and almost 70% buffed mastery, while you're still just below 40% haste and only a bit over 50% buffed mastery. Try changing a few gems to haste+stam, if you wanna keep socket bonuses, except your sword, make that pure haste (it's only a +60, and anything under +120 should be broken) Don't expect to be on par with someone who is not only 4 ilvls above you, but is using  weapon that is a full 23 ilvls above you, I tried to do that and I found myself getting more and more frustrated with myself. 

Siegecrafter is a difficult fight, a heroic weapon can and WILL make a huge difference in your belt damage, I personally haven't downed it, or even progressed on it, but I can tell you that.

Thanks, that's basically what I had assumed, given that talking with him I seemed to be doing everything right.

My guild right now is extending lockouts until Siegecrafter dies so it'll be at least another week until I have a chance of fixing my gear problems.

Thanks

No problem and feel free to post any more questions on the forums I'm usually available to answer if you have any.

• Like 1

I'm using AW each belt, GOAK on belt 5 (I'm on odds), and 5th is a big issue.  We go up with 5 but that is very hit and miss.

If you are using AW on every belt and also GOAK on belt 5, why is 5 a big issue? I have never measured how much time do you actually have on the belt to do your dps. Is it 20 seconds? Is it 30 seconds? If it's 20, then it would be good to use GOAK a bit earlier since it takes some time for GOAK to reach higher stacks.

Are you using SW or DP? I would vote for SW since you are using AW on every belt and it makes a stronger burst.