FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zeffrell

Malefic Grasp / Drain Soul Question

So Nice and simple question I think  When casting the grasp and drain Soul is it better to wait till the channeling is almost done or just keep recasting it till you need to reapply on a dot or something.  Meaning let it get down to almost 0 before recasting it or say half way done and so on

thank you for the time

I think it's best to have your dots priority , never let agony drop off, if you have to stop melific grasp then I think you should.do.

Install a cast bar addon such as Quartz or Gnosis which displays when your ticks happen, as this allows you to clip/interrupt the cast after a tick has happened, minimizing the dps loss. You can also use DrainSouler but for me it was just one thing too many to watch out for as I'm already pretty happy with Gnosis.

Rule of thumb is interrupt Malefic Grasp after a tick if you need to haunt/refresh dots.

With Drain Soul you want to try and always wait for 2 ticks so you get the shard regen. The caveat with Drain Soul is that spamming Haunt is better than just sitting on shards so you basically want to spam Haunt and get 2-6 ticks of Drain Soul in between. Furthermore, between Drain Soul itself, Nightfall Procs, and 4 Piece Procs, you'll be swimming in shards, so under 20% it just becomes a haunt spamming frenzy with only a few ticks of Drain Soul in between.

• Like 1

Never let agony fall off when possible. You should stop casting mg after the last tick if you're using a cast bar that shows tick marks stop after the last one and refresh dots if needed or use another mg

ok so if no dots are due then just ride it out?

Ride it out or use a cast bar addon that shows your ticks so that you can recast right after a tick near the end of your cast. Both works about the same.