FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
elaque

Is it ok for me to go affli at this gear lvl ?

Hi , I'm a 541ilvl lock and I recently got 3 haste items from a raid which puts me in a sweet position where I can keep mastery gems and only reforge to get 9778 haste breakpoint. so my question is is going affli viable ? I know it will be behind destro in this gear but will it be behind alot ? when will it be an increase on protectors and short single target fights?  thanks !!

armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Wwjdlink/advanced

I plan to use affli on ~half the fights in SoO , protectors, Iron juggernaut, maybe garrosh and malkrok also. Norushen and sha are valid options I think.

Edited by elaque

Yes you can play Affliction if you want to. Just be mindful that you'll likely be behind what you were doing as destruction.

I wouldn't play it on Garrosh, however. Destruction is just king on that fight.

Without any bats on Thok you can also play it there, as well as on Blackfuse too.

Aff is a solid DPS loss Vs. Destro at all item levels on nearly all fights. 

How MUCH of a DPS loss depends on a lot of factors, to many variables for us to tell you a number. Player skill in each spec, strat, comp, gear, RNG, all of these play in to the DPS. 

If you're doing progression there is really no reason to use Aff at all, the dps is to much of a drop off from destro for no real mechanic gain. If you don't care that much about doing the max amount of DPS that you can do then Aff is viable.

It largely depends on other warlocks and your role in the raid. If you're on farm content, play whatever as long as the boss dies. If you're on progression content, Afflic is good for single target as long as the adds are being punished equally by others in the raid.

Example:

Our Heroic Garrosh kill happened because one of the locks went purely single target Afflic to push phase faster while the rest of us did AoE. This is indicative of out strat and not always the case for progression. Just a simple example of role's being important.